Day 51.
I ended up changing my timer before work this morning so the lights went off at 7 am instead of 9 am. They came back on at 7pm tonight, so I am officially on 12/12 now. Hopefully, everything goes as well in flower as it did for me in veg.
I raised the light a little bit and upped the watts a touch to keep the same lux/ppfd at the canopy. The soil plant is a couple of inches lower than the dwc plant so if need be, in a few days I will lift the soil plant to keep the canopy even.
IMG_1778_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1779_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1780_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1781_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1782_LI - Copy.jpg

Day 51.
I ended up changing my timer before work this morning so the lights went off at 7 am instead of 9 am. They came back on at 7pm tonight, so I am officially on 12/12 now. Hopefully, everything goes as well in flower as it did for me in veg.
I raised the light a little bit and upped the watts a touch to keep the same lux/ppfd at the canopy. The soil plant is a couple of inches lower than the dwc plant so if need be, in a few days I will lift the soil plant to keep the canopy even.
IMG_1778_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1779_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1780_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1781_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1782_LI - Copy.jpg
Looks great, you'll kill it in flower :thumb:
Might be wrong but I think more light is better for flowering as well

Might be wrong but I think more light is better for flowering as well
Yes definitely. I have been at 45 000lux (642ppfd) since day 46 and the plants have loved it. I will slowly raise the lux in flowering to what the plant can handle. I have read that around 63-65000 lux( 900ppfd) is the sweet spot, but each strain has different tolerances.
Day 52.
I slept in but got up just before 7 am lights out to take a few pics.
I also topped up the dwc with bucket with 1.2ltr(1/3 gal) of the extra soup that I had left over to bring me back to the original water level. (I makeup 12ltrs (3.17gal) at a time and only put 10ltr(2.64gal) in the dwc bucket.
I can't believe how well the soil plant is going against the dwc, it is just powering on.
IMG_1786_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1787_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1789_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1790_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1791_LI - Copy.jpg
6.30.jpg7.jpg

They both look super healthy, just a little difference in color.
Yeah cheers, Pennywise. Will be interesting to see the end result in flower between the dwc & full organic grow.
P.S congrats on the Member of the month :bravo:Well deserved.

Plants are looking really healthy Falcon! :bravo::adore:

Day 55.
Day 5 12/12
Just a short update. Not much doing,
IMG_1798_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1799_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1801_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1800_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1802_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1803_LI - Copy.jpg
just growing.
Gave the soil plant 4lts of water and topped up dwc with ph'd water.
Couldn't help myself and removed a hand full of leaves from the middle of plants.

They're looking great Falcon, my new growth usually goes lime green like that during my 2 week stretch and i just add a lil' nitrogen to their feedings, as they are stretching they're using more nitrogen than usual. Be careful to not give too much though, as the plant won't be using much more nitrogen when it begins to concentrates on flower production.
I'm a big fan of defoliation! But recently found out that removing leaves during your stretch period actually halts / slows down your stretch. :yummy: So i now did a large defol 7-10 days before flipping to 12/12 - and then the next big defol from day 21 onwards. Just my thoughts

Day 56
Day 6 12/12
Cheers, Irie & Emilya for the heads up with the light coloring, extra nitrogen & maybe an Iron deficiency starting. I will definitely keep a close eye on it. I Have just put some of my organic tea in a bucket to aerate and will give it some at lights on tomorrow arvo. I will also add a bit of eco-aminogro into the mix for some nitrogen as well then monitor. Yeah, I will reframe from plucking any more leaves until after the stretch has happened. Do you start counting the 21 days from flipping or from when you start to see pistils?
I did my weekly soup change in the dwc with a nice fresh batch. I started with 14ltr (3.7gal) 85ppm water. Added 14ml calimagic- 18.5ml each of micro,gro &bloom then ph'd down to 5.6. Then added 33ml cannazym-1/2 spoon GW mycorrhizal-4ml h&g roots excelurator & 2.3ml mammoth p.
IMG_1798_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1799_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1801_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1800_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1802_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1803_LI - Copy.jpg

:thumb:

looking good buddy! nice looking plants :D
nice how the structure builds training like this!
rooting for them to be beauties!!!!

Ahh, your US. strongly doubt its available for me in the UK :( awesome stuff though mate. Can't believe it's that cheap. And your just feeding that one water eh?

barney, i dont see you switching from hydro anytime soon lol
i do, however, know of a place that makes their own organic soil packed with shit, 3 mixes most expensive being £100 for 50l bag, they sell all the worms material for ammendments etcetc and even the predator bugs if needed lol eughh
i want to start it, but couldnt manage yet haha

:thumb: <- that’s me hitching a ride (to Med Town!) An old ‘71 Falcon was my favourite car for a while.
I like your quad-forming and your tool bag too. You have me wondering if my wife will let me buy a light meter.
Nice work :)

looking good buddy! nice looking plants :D
nice how the structure builds training like this!
rooting for them to be beauties!!!!
Yeah cheers mate. I am so stoked how well this is all going & can't wait to see the final results.

:thumb: <- that’s me hitching a ride (to Med Town!) An old ‘71 Falcon was my favourite car for a while.
I like your quad-forming and your tool bag too. You have me wondering if my wife will let me buy a light meter.
Nice work :)
Yeah I loved my old XK but sadly sold it to get a 4x4, which I love to, as I love to get out camping and stuff.
The light meter works great and is only $30, do it. Takes all the guesswork out.

Snap! When my daughter started demanding I drop her a block from school it was time to lose my XY :confused: got a 4x4. A few years later she was like “wow look at that car dad that’s a cool car” pointing at - you guessed it :rofl:
Anyway. Nicetameetcha. Looking forward to seeing your girls through flower. :)

Yeah cheers, Pennywise. Will be interesting to see the end result in flower between the dwc & full organic grow.
P.S congrats on the Member of the month :bravo:Well deserved.
you will notice it on the flavour and aroma. my last crop had 1 laughing buddha in soil ( i never use it as i overwater !!) amd she knocked it out of the park where that was concerned. dwc does leech a little flavour out imo. Now the root balls are set she will concentrate on the stretch now so dwc/soil/coco will tend to progress at identical rates now minus the burst from the stretch. are you defoliating at any point or just going with it ?. advice is to get as much light to as many budsites as possible using tucking leaves or plucking. They will reward you for it falcon. well worth a research while you wait for the stretch to finish. ideal time is after the stretch so you can see them all. if you also look at removing the small hidden away below and not ever reaching the canopy budsites that only produce "popcorn" , then she will put the energy into the ones in light. again this is a rewarding method and worth a quick read up.
They look beautiful mate. a great first grow

They're looking great Falcon, my new growth usually goes lime green like that during my 2 week stretch and i just add a lil' nitrogen to their feedings, as they are stretching they're using more nitrogen than usual. Be careful to not give too much though, as the plant won't be using much more nitrogen when it begins to concentrates on flower production.
I'm a big fan of defoliation! But recently found out that removing leaves during your stretch period actually halts / slows down your stretch. :yummy: So i now did a large defol 7-10 days before flipping to 12/12 - and then the next big defol from day 21 onwards. Just my thoughts
just posted similar mate.sorry missed this one. and it is a better explanation timing wise too. lol peace bro

Back
Top Bottom