Fan and carbon filter question

Coreygotwiings

420 Member
I just got my fan and carbon filter (6 inch 281cfm) for a 3x3 tent. I can adjust the speed but i wanna know if i should swap for the 4 inch instead?. i have no intention of moving to a bigger tent and from what i gathered from reading the fan i have might be too powerful for that tent. any takes on it?

Does noise bother you? I'm wondering if your fan on low would be quieter than a 4" version on high (even though the amount of air they'll be moving might be comparable at those settings).

from what i gathered from reading the fan i have might be too powerful for that tent.

With the fan installed, running on its lowest setting, and the carbon filter and all ducting also installed... does it suck the walls of the tent in too much even with all of the passive intake vents at the bottom of the tent open? A slight negative pressure is a good thing, of course. And it it's just a bit too much, one can make or buy things that attach to each "pair of two verticals" that frame the tent walls. Basically just crosspieces that help prevent the tent's wall material from collapsing. But if it's really too much, then it's really too much. But do make sure that you have the carbon filter in place before testing, because it's going to provide a restriction to the airflow.

Back
Top Bottom