Fan controller makes fan buzz - Is it normal?

mellorbo

hi guys,
i have a 6" 150mm ram extraction fan HydroGarden | RAM | Inline Duct Fans

with a smscom fan controller and thermostat
SMSCOM Fan speed controller 6.5 Amp

the issue im having is when i plug the fan into the controller the fan makes a buzzing / hummmmm noise even on max.
im wanting to turn the fan down to 1/2 - 2/3 lower as my girls are in a tent (1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m) in my pc gaming room and fans are in here with me and its hard to game with the noise (if i have no choice my girls come first)
i know the fan is overkill but i got it 1/2 price and its also connected to my 600w hps air cooled hood... i have a 4" 100mm cold air inlet plus 2 passive filtered inlets

this is my first grow and im paranoid as hell. what i want to know is if its a fire hazard. or a danger in any way. i mean a dimmer switch on my house light bulb buzzes but is it the same?

sorry if this is long winded but im super medicated atm :)

all and any help is greatly appreciated

hi guys,
i have a 6" 150mm ram extraction fan HydroGarden | RAM | Inline Duct Fans

with a smscom fan controller and thermostat
SMSCOM Fan speed controller 6.5 Amp

the issue im having is when i plug the fan into the controller the fan makes a buzzing / hummmmm noise even on max.
im wanting to turn the fan down to 1/2 - 2/3 lower as my girls are in a tent (1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m) in my pc gaming room and fans are in here with me and its hard to game with the noise (if i have no choice my girls come first)
i know the fan is overkill but i got it 1/2 price and its also connected to my 600w hps air cooled hood... i have a 4" 100mm cold air inlet plus 2 passive filtered inlets

this is my first grow and im paranoid as hell. what i want to know is if its a fire hazard. or a danger in any way. i mean a dimmer switch on my house light bulb buzzes but is it the same?

sorry if this is long winded but im super medicated atm :)

all and any help is greatly appreciated

I think the problem is the cheap fan controller I paid 250 bucks for a fan controller no noise ,smooth and silent it's a smscom hybrid controller with 3 dials to control temperature and fan speed, I've wasted a lot of money on cheap crap , see if you can return it and buy a better one

gee, that's an expensive one,,, i have a much cheaper one,, thirty five bucks american or similar,, and it does not make a noise or cause a noise to be made

just an fyi

cheers

Back
Top Bottom