Fan leaves

Joey2122

420 Member
I would like to know when to move the Big fan leaves on your plants ,plants have been growing for over two months maybe a little less or do you remove them at all
I would like some information on this I know there’s the solar panels for the plant but at some point do you remove them how old do they have to be three months four months
there photoperiod

Am growing:
Platinum cookies ,Wedding cake and Grease monkey

my medium is fox farm
amendments
gaia green 444
gaia green 284
earthworm castings
1 tablespoon kelp meal
1 tablespoon bat guano

Attachments

• A8B169AF-A580-4ECD-84B2-F64232469387.jpeg
    A8B169AF-A580-4ECD-84B2-F64232469387.jpeg
    881.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 18B7F84D-8256-49F0-81AD-87163083DEC2.jpeg
    18B7F84D-8256-49F0-81AD-87163083DEC2.jpeg
    956.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 1BAAD148-0E36-4CCA-B072-A14DAE2494B0.jpeg
    1BAAD148-0E36-4CCA-B072-A14DAE2494B0.jpeg
    969.7 KB · Views: 71
I would like to know when to move the Big fan leaves on your plants ,plants have been growing for over two months maybe a little less or do you remove them at all
I would like some information on this I know there’s the solar panels for the plant but at some point do you remove them how old do they have to be three months four months
there photoperiod

Am growing:

my medium is fox farm
amendments
gaia green 444
gaia green 284
earthworm castings
1 tablespoon kelp meal
1 tablespoon bat guano
Are you sure those plants are 2 months ? They look more like 2 weeks. You're lights must not be doing the trick because they are way small for 2 months.
This is how mine look at 2 months.
7-319.JPG
7-322.JPG
7-324.JPG

buds-buddy
they were germinated on June 27 that’s question that I actually have to
Do you count the very first month Of July from germination Or would August be the first full month this part is really confusing
Thanks

When the plant sprouts ("breaks ground"), that's day one.

Buds Bunny: He appears to be using blurple(s) to grow his cannabis. So it could well be that the plants really are two months old, lol.

BtW: If it really was helpful to remove all those fan leaves... The plants wouldn't immediately start spending their finite resources on producing new ones. Also, tomato (, pepper, cucumber, et cetera) plants would only produce a tiny fraction of the fruit that they do :rolleyes: .

what kind of light are you using @Joey2122 that intensity looks very weak. perhaphs lower the hight of the light. here is mine from july 20th. The first day the 1st set of leafs came out of the dirt.
2020-08-29 10.31.25.jpg

there photoperiod

Am growing:

my medium is fox farm
amendments
gaia green 444
gaia green 284
earthworm castings
1 tablespoon kelp meal
1 tablespoon bat guano
You can check my latest. I raped quite a few fans, but not any that were important to the plant. I did it to let light and air in. If it was blocking a strong chute, I removed it. But they seem to turn stem red for me... those are the ones I personally removed. I don’t have much experience yet, but I’ve researched a lot and had help on here. Don’t ever worry about bending them down, just not until they crack. I stretch mine (I theorize it strengthens the branches.) just give them a few days whenever you stress the plants at all. Play around, but research it.

Also, people here won’t steer you the wrong way. Ask someone with a few finished journals under their belt. Those peeps are usually pretty active.

I've grown 6' monsters with Blurples. But they were high quality $1000 lights. All the cheap knock offs are crap. About the cheapest Blurple I would use is a Meizhi 600 watt reflector series which is about the same price as a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 & will do the same size area. Of course I'd take the Mars over the Meizhi because of white LED's.
But Blurples will grow good plants if they are quality ones. I had to use a SCROG Net up top to keep branches off the lights.
GEDC5553.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
GEDC5537.JPG

I have two plants under phlizon 1500 with cob But I don’t have the cobs On should I turn the cobs on so it get more light and I have one plant under femurs 800w Triple Chip And I also have a bestVa Light that I Don’t have hooked up do you think That I need to add in as well so can get more light on these plants I want to do the right things for my girls
Thanks for all The input

I have two plants under phlizon 1500 with cob But I don’t have the cobs On should I turn the cobs on so it get more light and I have one plant under femurs 800w Triple Chip And I also have a bestVa Light that I Don’t have hooked up do you think That I need to add in as well so can get more light on these plants I want to do the right things for my girls
Thanks for all The input

those are all essentially chinese amazon lights. so - so at best to start with. you'll quickly find a road to an upgrade running those things. light is your # 1 most important variable, and the hardest to navigate for a beginner.

none of those advertised wattages are actual.

:welcome:

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom