Fanleaf Tries For A TLO, True Living Organics, Grow With 6 Plants

Well, things are just cruising here at the moment. Letting the 2 freshly transplanted plants get settled in. The only real news to report is that the dang Malauwi X Panama just wont stop stretching. Lights are up as high as I can get em and shes now 2.5" from level to them. Thank goodness I'm growing with cobs because that allowed me to spin her pot so each of the tallest branches is not directly over a cob. If she wants to keep going at this point she is welcome to grow right up above the lights if she would like....

Things have been at a cruise here guys. Just water since the last update but I'm getting ready to put on a mid flower tea brew soon. Side notes....Malauwi X Panama is done stretching and is at the top of the lights..
Also, as you can see from the picture, I can tell why they named the one strain Black Russian. Super cool leaf colors coming out.

Another small update for the 1/2 TLO babies.
I did cull the one that was deformed and had failed.
The other 2 are LOVING it. I'm out of grow space room at the moment so they have been at the far outer edges of the lights where they have only seen par levels in the 400's but they are doing well.
I have given the 1/2 TLO plants a watering with Real Growers Recharge and they seemed to really like it.

Not even 1/2 way yet. The first day of 12/12 light was 4-24 so we are barely hitting 4 weeks. They are all 10-12 week strains this round.
I don't know, looks like unprecedented amounts of frost my friend. Is it me? Hehe I flipped 23 days ago and am happy beyond belief with progress. There's no comparison. Alas, I didn't use spikes. I have to wonder. Yours do look supernatural.

I don't know, looks like unprecedented amounts of frost my friend. Is it me? Hehe I flipped 23 days ago and am happy beyond belief with progress. There's no comparison. Alas, I didn't use spikes. I have to wonder. Yours do look supernatural.
Well, perhaps the spikes and stuff are helping those with them. The Black Russian though is still in that 3 gallon original pot so it did have the veg spikes but no flower spikes.
The biggest takeaway for me up to this point is that I will from now on go with 7 gallon or larger at least. If I want the big plants I need a minimum of 7 gallon pots (5.5 actual) but 10 gallon, (7.5 actual) would be better.

I've been using some of that Aloe in my water and need to figure out what to add to my soil after re-amended to stop it from being so dammed hydrophobic. Its terrible to get them to start sucking down water. I wont deal with this again for certain.

Well, perhaps the spikes and stuff are helping those with them. The Black Russian though is still in that 3 gallon original pot so it did have the veg spikes but no flower spikes.
The biggest takeaway for me up to this point is that I will from now on go with 7 gallon or larger at least. If I want the big plants I need a minimum of 7 gallon pots (5.5 actual) but 10 gallon, (7.5 actual) would be better.

I've been using some of that Aloe in my water and need to figure out what to add to my soil after re-amended to stop it from being so dammed hydrophobic. Its terrible to get them to start sucking down water. I wont deal with this again for certain.
I remember you talking about the hydrophobic issue. We made the same soil. I have no issue like this. I used roots for soil, 1/2 pearlite 1/2 vermiculite, coco coir and bought worm castings for the bulky parts.

In the middle of harvesting a Pink Kush CBD auto plant. This is my first plant of this category. It's a 30:1 CBD to THC ratio. 17%CBD and 0.5%THC. Very impressed by the initial results here. It's some very sticky stuff!

This turned out to be one of my larger autos, should be in the 5oz range.
I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Those are beautiful buds fanleaf. Is this the first harvest from the LOS soil?
Yes however not following Revs book on this one. I grew this one in FFOF with castings, Promix and nothing but Real Growers Recharge in the water. It worked out really well for this one being an auto. I may end up trying that same mix on a photo plant as well. I think I would use a slightly bigger pot for a photo just out of fear of running out of good stuff in the soil. For this auto, it seems there was plenty in the soil to get it through the grow with ease.

Yes however not following Revs book on this one. I grew this one in FFOF with castings, Promix and nothing but Real Growers Recharge in the water. It worked out really well for this one being an auto. I may end up trying that same mix on a photo plant as well. I think I would use a slightly bigger pot for a photo just out of fear of running out of good stuff in the soil. For this auto, it seems there was plenty in the soil to get it through the grow with ease.
Getting that kind of dense looking weight out of an auto is just what the doctor ordered. What size pot was it in?

For the longest time I believed like so many others that Cotyledons live for the first week or 2 and then it's natural for them to shrivel up and die off. A few years ago a forum member gave information to the contrary. I have from that point on watched those first "starter" leafs closer and tried to nurture the plants.

Since then I have spoken about the parroting that goes on about Cotyledons and several times given information to forum members about how it's not true that they must shrivel up and fall off. I have even been called a liar here when I say I can keep them healthy throughout many plants lifespans.
Here is yet another instance proving they can indeed stay healthy and there is no reason they must shrivel and die.

And here is how far along that plant is in its lifespan....Its only a few weeks from harvest at this point and is in my 1/2 TLO mix with Promix

As far as the big TLO grow, the only update for today is that we are looking good and well into week 5 of 10-12

As you can see, one of the Black Russians are yellowed but at this point we are going for the finish. That one is still in a 3.5 gallon pot so I know this is why. All I can do is try to keep the soil going until the finish.

If I can keep the soil life happy from here out I would guess they will be okay. If it all works out it will probably be due to it being a fresh "loaded up" batch of soil.
I’ve never used air pots, but with the smart pots ( ie fabric bags), the outside edge of bags need watering more frequently. I give 1 qt around the edges of my 10 gl. Bags, between my drenches. I may go back to plastic pots, moor this reason.

I’ve never used air pots, but with the smart pots ( ie fabric bags), the outside edge of bags need watering more frequently. I give 1 qt around the edges of my 10 gl. Bags, between my drenches. I may go back to plastic pots, moor this reason.
I hear that! I've never used the fabric pots myself. I have a close family member that uses them and I just didnt like transplanting with them. Cleaning them was a bit of a pain IMO as well. I like the ones I use because you just unroll them, drop the bottom out, spray off and reuse.
I haven't experienced the sides drying out too much, I think they wick moisture from the center. I do usually wet just the top inch or 2 between drenching though.

Back
Top Bottom