Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

And have about 10 others in various stages of vegging. Like I said I'm just trying out a lot of different things here!

I plant the seeds of today coz I believe in the harvest of tomorrow!

So has anything ever come of this? I haven't been here in a while. And would like to know if we had a winner.

Dirt Man Dan

The only thing that has come is a bunch of people begging for seeds when not one seed sprouted. They also tended to not read the thread. I'm still rooting for fanleaf, but I can understand why he would not want to post or visit here.

Fanleaf, if you see this, best of luck with this endeavor!

I smoked so much AG, back in the 60s, in LA, hope this ends with a successful germination, but I have little hope of anyone being successful here. There must be people out there trying to germinate all kinds of prehistoric seeds & eggs ?? This would be a cool project, for sho !! Good luck to all who try !!

Hi Everybody

Fanleaf if you still have some seeds you can try this with one. It is a pity you only have got 30 to test.

Hi. The best results I have seen about germinating very old seeds not properly stored in the freezer is from other forum. A member had many old seeds ans he experiemnted with them, opening the husk, with different gibberellins (GA-3) concentrations. But he got the highest % of sprouting simply throwing the seeds in his worm bin. With fresh worm castings, he got 67% germination rate!

Ok. Back to seed germination.
If you put the seeds in the bins right away they won’t sprout. So what I do is a full run with the bins first to get the worms to work their magic. Put your food scraps and news paper in the bins and let the worms eat all of it until you see lots of worm casting on the top of the bedding. This may take a week or months it depends on how many worms you have. By now you should see lots of castings and little to no food scraps left and there should be no bad smell. Now mix up all the castings on the top evenly, now place the seeds on top of the soil and cover lightly. Place another worm bin on top to keep the heat and moisture even. In a week or so you should see many sprouts. Another cool thing is when your seeds sprout, don’t worry about them dying right away for some reason the seedling won’t rot or die in this black gold even though there’s no light in there you will have at least a week or more of good growth before they get too lanky.

With this test I didn’t presoak the seeds I just dropped the seeds in a worm bin, lightly covered with castings/soil and put another bin on top. Five days later I saw some seeds popping tails out and by day ten there was a mass of long seed sprouts popping out everywhere! I couldn’t believe how high the germ rates were and how fast they germinated it blew the seed soak and paper towel method out of the water. I got a 67% germination rate! I then planted the seedlings in solo cups and they are growing healthy and strong now.

I don't know if I am allowed to post the link here.

You can try with only a few and see what happens.

I hope this can help to resuscitate some old sativa heirloom strain.

Greetings.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom