Fanleaf's 1st Grams Per Watt Grow Under The 25 Cree COBS

A quick question. The mau5 kits on cutters interest me. I have a 5x5 space. I thought maybe 25 cobs on a large frame that I could build. 1 cob per square foot. Is this overkill? I'd like to replace 2x 600w hps. So I figured to swap out the 1200w hps for 1250w cobs.

Sounds like alot but I'm not sure I'd have to do the math and know what kind of cob and watts . Leaf would probably know quicker honestly . But who knows that many might be awesome lol

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

A quick question. The mau5 kits on cutters interest me. I have a 5x5 space. I thought maybe 25 cobs on a large frame that I could build. 1 cob per square foot. Is this overkill? I'd like to replace 2x 600w hps. So I figured to swap out the 1200w hps for 1250w cobs.

25 cobs in 25 square feet is absolutely perfect for very high efficiency grows and taking it full of advantage of what cob LEDs can do. You wont need to run the cobs anywhere near the 1250w to get the same or better results. Depending on your chip configuration and selection you will probably want to run the 25 cobs at about 35w each for 875w. They are VERY efficient at that power. Some chips more than others but that would be a total of 875W with much better even coverage.
Heck, im running exactly 25 Crees in this grow in only about 18-19 square feet. Im going to do this "grams per watt grow" with a measly 25-27 watts per square foot lol. You can do that effectively when you run a bunch of cobs low and close. Your cob placement in your panel will have a big factor in effectiveness as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you ever so much for that. I plan on building a frame at 5 x 5 and literally have a cob central in each square foot. So they are always 12" from each other (centres). I'll be reading your other post carefully and watching growmau5 tube vids, to see how to wire it up.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you ever so much for that. I plan on building a frame at 5 x 5 and literally have a cob central in each square foot. So they are always 12" from each other (centres). I'll be reading your other post carefully and watching growmau5 tube vids, to see how to wire it up.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Biggest advice I always give people is the following: your center will always be the highest par and brightness so always make the outside rows hug the walls. 6" or less from the walls to the center of the cob on the outside rows. You get good reflection, less shaddow and it helps keep the par more even from edges tocthe center.

Lol I'd shite the bed with 1.5g per watt!
Someday I'll get there Fan. Specially if you keep spreading the knowledge and showing us how to COB!
Can't wait to see this grow!

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm by no means a Grandmaster grower man. Far from it as a matter of fact lol. I just know if I can keep the stuff I can control in check like Water, temp, nutes, RH that the lights will perform! Would be cool as hell to see over 1.5 pounds dry come from a 4.5'X4' area though. I have a feeling we can do it!:thumb: I hope!

Would be cool as hell to see over 1.5 pounds dry come from a 4.5'X4' area though. I have a feeling we can do it!:thumb: I hope!

You can do it fanleaf, we believe in you! Lol we recently pulled 2.6oz dry from 2 plants in our 2x4x5 tent. I can't wait to get to a pound!

I would love lights that would raise automatically according to canopy height. Should be possible with motors and a sensor. Imagine how cool that would be

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Getting ready to plant.
Heres the Strain Hunters "Money Maker".
420-magazine-mobile2030991941.jpg

And Heavyweight "Dream Machine".
420-magazine-mobile1204981553.jpg

Got my solo cups filled with Promix hp and fully soaked to runoff with water. Then made a divot in the middle of each cup.
420-magazine-mobile522924209.jpg

Then sprinkled the area with DocBuds "Roots" mineral mix.

420-magazine-mobile1848871222.jpg

Then put the seeds down. I have always gone taproot down.

420-magazine-mobile979621232.jpg
After that I covered them up, lightly sprinkled the top with more "Roots" and now off we go. They will go in my side closet area of my main grow room. I use that area for seedlings or to grow an auto or 2. They will be under 100W of cob LED for 18/6 starting right now.
420-magazine-mobile1129403162.jpg

Here they are. In thier closetwith a few auto seedlings. They are under a Advanced LED that I just converted to a 3 COB.
420-magazine-mobile1308474761.jpg

Now we wait until they decide to show their faces.

Did you ever try to rebuild a Mars Pro II 320 or 160? Maybe I should convert mine to COB when they start getting old and inefficient. At this point they're all performing so great I don't want to fuck them up, but some day in the future they will break and when that happens the frames are too good to throw away. They're solid metal after all

Did you ever try to rebuild a Mars Pro II 320 or 160? Maybe I should convert mine to COB when they start getting old and inefficient. At this point they're all performing so great I don't want to fuck them up, but some day in the future they will break and when that happens the frames are too good to throw away. They're solid metal after all

No, I haven't. After I built my 25 Cob array that these seedling will soon be under I stopped buying LED panels lol. At one time I had a whole bunch of them. Now....not so much lol.

Mine wasn't a Mars but one from the rainforest. I converted it to 4 cxm22's, with the help of fanleaf of course.

I have grown the "Money Maker" strain before, I'll be watching how it does under your COBs. I have also crossed it with "Ultimate Purple" to see how that does.

Money Maker is one of my friends favorite strains and I think you will like it.

I too am planning to build a COB set up for a 5x5 area so I'll be following this grow closely. Thanks fanleaf.

Back
Top Bottom