Fanleaf's 1st Grams Per Watt Grow Under The 25 Cree COBS

fanleaf

Welcome everyone. For this round I have decided I wanted to do something I haven't done before. An all out grams per watt grow in my 4.5' X 4' area. I'm not a huge fan of just going for grams per watt but I do want to see just what my abilities are in there. Perhaps more importantly it will give me a grams per square foot as well!

I will not be Scrogging, but I will top, train, supercrop,LST, ponytail ect.

Here's what we are working with.

As far as the lights go. I will be turning my lights down to about 500W+ or- actual draw. I will decide the exact amount when the seedlings sprout and I can run a quick par test.
The light array is all Cree CXB3590 COBS. 25 of them. 9 are 5000k and 16 are in 3000K. I also add UVA/UVB the last few weeks to boost THC % by 5-7%

Pots will be 7 gallon Superoots air pots.

Nutes will be the entire lineup of Advanced pH perfect through Grandmaster level. I may also use some of my Mammoth P.

Strains will be; 2X Strain Hunters "Money Maker" and
2x Heavyweight "Dream Machine".

Veg time....To be determined:smokin:

Water is Reverse Osmosis DI
Any questions? lol

420-magazine-mobile13330740.jpg

Fan bro hit me up sometime I need schooled on the cob process and all when u have time . Planning a 6 by 6 by 8 high area. And gonna design a moving carriage rack for up and down movement. Love your set up by the way. Any info on if you've used different heights ext will be appreciated

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Fan bro hit me up sometime I need schooled on the cob process and all when u have time . Planning a 6 by 6 by 8 high area. And gonna design a moving carriage rack for up and down movement. Love your set up by the way. Any info on if you've used different heights ext will be appreciated

No problem man. Either put any starting questions on my Cree thread below in my signature and we can all go through ideas together. Or you can P.M. me anytime and get you started. I'd like to know your ideas and hopes so we can go from there. :thumb:

Sounds good to me . The pm thing will work better. Less interruptions lol. Got a few ideas but gotta figure out what's logical . I'm thinking intensity and height control on those lights. Closest without burning and that should decrease stretch altogether or at least be controlled until u want it. A totally moving system is what I'm trying to design . A true grow man's dream lol. I saw your set up and lights went off in my head lol no pun intended

Sounds good to me . The pm thing will work better. Less interruptions lol. Got a few ideas but gotta figure out what's logical . I'm thinking intensity and height control on those lights. Closest without burning and that should decrease stretch altogether or at least be controlled until u want it. A totally moving system is what I'm trying to design . A true grow man's dream lol. I saw your set up and lights went off in my head lol no pun intended

I understand exactly what you mean. Kind of a "light mover" but not sweeping side to side but up and down instead. NICE! Heck yeah, we can do the PM route.

Cool and Yea exactly!! Lightweight thinking same concept if I can make the rails tight enough and a motor on each corner . Be hard to synch I imagine . Maybe a pulley system will work better . I gotta draw shit up cause this just literally popped on my head lol. But it's gotta be better than sitting the lights at one set spot. Closer means more intensity which equals watt per gram am I right ?

Closer means more intensity which equals watt per gram am I right ?

That's right. Lots of cobs so even when they are real close to the canopy you have a nice even coverage. Run them close = less power needed to maintain a great level of ppfd.
I have had that same idea about motorizing the lights up and down because it gets to be a pain when the room is covered in plants. Hard to move around to be able to raise and lower the lights.

We work on this together bro. Honestly I see a patent in the future . Lightweight better power and coverage . I'm seeing commercial use man. I'll pm u tomorrow night imma try and draw some thing s up if I have time

By the way, I'll be happy with 1.5 grams per watt or higher.:volcano-smiley:
Lol I'd shite the bed with 1.5g per watt!
Someday I'll get there Fan. Specially if you keep spreading the knowledge and showing us how to COB!
Can't wait to see this grow!

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom