Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Why I love you guys. Hard board insulation? Why the hell did I not think of that? I'm trying to do it so it is kinda mobile. My first year when I move... I have to rent from someone else and do not want to destroy their house with holes in the wall, that kinda crap. I already bought doors, just to go.. hey I'm putting a hole for my outtake fan lol. I have to do that until I can get my own property up and running. So, put in five grand. Get fired up and be able to move it to my real home a year from now. I'll put up some pics of what I have going on right now. It's just frustrating. All of this is just a joke to me, but it's my hobby. I get pissed if I'm not doing it.

Insert jerk again. Think you should add two more right on the ends of those two center boards. Separate driver tuned down a hair.

Another one that is giving me a brain fart. Going to sound like a total noob here, but are these the same reflectors and why can I not find the holders on cutter.

Ledil ANGELINA Extra Wide Reflector

Cutter Electronics - Suppliers of Cree Leds, lowest cost leds on the internet

Do I say screw it. Get them from rapid just cuz it's easier to click on... add a holder than figuring out whether or not I'm saving money by having it shipped from AU? Rapid can't be too mad at me if I got those from cutter. I'm going to get all the chips from them anyways.

420-magazine-mobile1533860341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile574816897.jpg

There are sites like octopart.com that will provide all current vendors if you have a model number - great for finding odd parts like reflectors and lenses and holders. Just need the part number.

:Namaste:

Why I love you guys. Hard board insulation? Why the hell did I not think of that? I'm trying to do it so it is kinda mobile.

It's not as reflective as bright flat white paint on a smooth surface, of course (not much is :rolleyes3 ), but the insulation(+/-) that is used for wrapping ductwork seems to be pretty popular in grow rooms. Probably because it seems significantly more durable than mylar, and it can be purchased at the hardware store instead of indoor grow shops. IDK what a roll of the stuff actually costs, because if I want some, I just visit home/business construction sites and ask if they have any "scraps" that they'll just be tossing into their big dumpster on cleanup day. I scored the end of a roll that way not too long ago. I haven't measured it, and looks can be deceiving because it's a little bulky, but I'd guess that I have at least ten feet, maybe more. I think it is four feet wide. When I asked the boss there if I could come back for it that weekend (I was walking and didn't want to carry it home), he asked for my address and dropped it off that evening, no charge.

It's a lot easier to work with than mylar, too, because it is nowhere near as flimsy. And it provides some insulation value. Undoubtedly very, very slight insulation value, lol, because it isn't rated all that high even when installed properly (which half the construction outfits probably don't even bother to do, since it involves creating a dead-air space between the duct and the material, IIRC, meaning that some kind of standoffs need to be used instead of just applying it directly to the ducts with some kind of adhesive).

This is what I have going on out of boredom. Sucks. I do not know what to do with these chicks. I feel bad that I can not take care of them the way I want to because I'm waiting for my house. Back porch and then I killed one on accident and have to replace her with a young child that is all energentic to get out there in the world. Hopefully hasn't been going to hot topic too much.
IMG_20170709_132106.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20170709132226.jpg
IMG_20170709_132238.jpg

It's not as reflective as bright flat white paint on a smooth surface, of course (not much is :rolleyes3 ), but the insulation(+/-) that is used for wrapping ductwork seems to be pretty popular in grow rooms. Probably because it seems significantly more durable than mylar, and it can be purchased at the hardware store instead of indoor grow shops. IDK what a roll of the stuff actually costs, because if I want some, I just visit home/business construction sites and ask if they have any "scraps" that they'll just be tossing into their big dumpster on cleanup day. I scored the end of a roll that way not too long ago. I haven't measured it, and looks can be deceiving because it's a little bulky, but I'd guess that I have at least ten feet, maybe more. I think it is four feet wide. When I asked the boss there if I could come back for it that weekend (I was walking and didn't want to carry it home), he asked for my address and dropped it off that evening, no charge.

It's a lot easier to work with than mylar, too, because it is nowhere near as flimsy. And it provides some insulation value. Undoubtedly very, very slight insulation value, lol, because it isn't rated all that high even when installed properly (which half the construction outfits probably don't even bother to do, since it involves creating a dead-air space between the duct and the material, IIRC, meaning that some kind of standoffs need to be used instead of just applying it directly to the ducts with some kind of adhesive).

You have to be careful on that type of stuff. Your totally doing something inocent, seems like no big deal. Your trying to recycle. blah... I had this one boss when I was printing. Asked his permission if I could do a couple of runs on my own with my own material. On my own time. Then he fires me. Could not find another printer as good as me ended up saleing his 60 year old company. I didn't even need his unemployment, but I was denied just because he lied to the state and said I stole his material. Made my stickers on his time. and they believed him. Lame.

You have to be careful on that type of stuff. Your totally doing something inocent, seems like no big deal. Your trying to recycle. blah... I had this one boss

I wasn't working for the man, I just happened to walk by the job site. I live in what is, more or less, an "economically-depressed" area. So scavenging is almost a way of life around here. The guy was probably happy that I asked instead of just showing up in the middle of the night with a truck and a set of bolt cutters.

But I know what you mean. The world has more than its share of @ssholes in it and, unfortunately, we sometimes have to work for one of them.

BtW, that fence looks familiar, lol. This is probably the longest of long shots - but were you a LEO in a former life? If so, I have a friend that lives in the woods who'd be happy to take those extra plants off your hands, ha ha, just set them out with the trash and they won't be there come daylight.

I wasn't working for the man, I just happened to walk by the job site. I live in what is, more or less, an "economically-depressed" area. So scavenging is almost a way of life around here. The guy was probably happy that I asked instead of just showing up in the middle of the night with a truck and a set of bolt cutters.

But I know what you mean. The world has more than its share of @ssholes in it and, unfortunately, we sometimes have to work for one of them.

BtW, that fence looks familiar, lol. This is probably the longest of long shots - but were you a LEO in a former life? If so, I have a friend that lives in the woods who'd be happy to take those extra plants off your hands, ha ha, just set them out with the trash and they won't be there come daylight.

I'm all for scavenging. Just want to you to be careful. Just watch your six. He might be happy now. I made a better product than the guy had seen in his 60 years and it did not matter at that point.

My fence looks familiar? Unless you been to humboldt when the bars close down with slayer playing at 4am. Sorry. Nope. Seriously, I don't mind giving you a couple of them. It doesn't matter to me. You'd have to come pick them up.

I do have to explain part of it. So half of those are my neighbors. He got a letter from the HOA pissed that he had plants on his porch. I am at war with these slum lords that do not give a shit about this place. Anyways, this is the first plants he has ever done. I told him that the only way he could have them here is if I took control. But I did tell him he could have full control of his girls with my permission. So check out the contest I have going on. I want to know whether me torturing is good or not. The left is torture. and the right is first time grower scared to chop a leaf.

I do have to explain part of it. So half of those are my neighbors. He got a letter from the HOA pissed that he had plants on his porch. I am at war with these slum lords that do not give a shit about this place. Anyways, this is the first plants he has ever done. I told him that the only way he could have them here is if I took control. But I did tell him he could have full control of his girls with my permission. So check out the contest I have going on. I want to know whether me torturing is good or not. The left is torture. and the right is first time grower scared to chop a leaf.
IMG_20170709_1321161.jpg

Check out this system I made for my neighbor just fucking around today. So, he was bitching about how he needed to make tea for his chicks, then he was bitching about how his water for them needed to be RO. K. Fine. First grow for him. Told him to give me a five gallon bucketshot and it would all be fine.

Back
Top Bottom