Fans & Carbon Filter During Off Light Cycle

Mork

I plan to change my light cycle from 24 hours to 12/12 this Labor Day. I was wondering if I should have my Intake Fan, Exhaust Fan, and Carbon filter off during the dark cycle? If you need to see my setup click on my grow log link or check out my gallery.

My concerns are if I have the fans running without the light, the temperature inside my grow tent will get too cold. Inside house temps range from 60-74 at night. Inside the tent ranges from 72-80 right now with light on 24/7. On the other hand, I don't want there to be any smell coming from the exhaust which leads outside my home.

What do you guys & gals think?

whys your light on 24 hours plants need darkness to grow when you switch the light there going to exploded becasue of all the stored nutrients they havent been able to use youve stunted the growth of your plants

whys your light on 24 hours plants need darkness to grow when you switch the light there going to exploded becasue of all the stored nutrients they havent been able to use youve stunted the growth of your plants

That's open to debate, growth requires light. Look at 24 on for veg grows and you'll see plenty of monster plants, they're on a circadian cycle, but will sleep and restock when necessary, and as long as it stays out of the flowering cycle growth will occur.

I keep my lights on 24 hours because some strains still flower at 18/6 cycles. I also did not experience reduced growth during vegging. I ended up with over 1 oz dried on most plants with the rest at nearly 2 oz. Considering it was my first grow and they were mostly indicas I think the amount I harvested was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom