FAQ - Medical Marijuana in Colorado

sLiCe

How do I go about becoming a medical marijuana patient in Colorado?
Amendment 20, approved by Colorado voters in November 2000, authorizes the use of marijuana to alleviate certain debilitating medical conditions: cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS positive, cachexia; severe pain; severe nausea; seizures, including those that are characteristic of epilepsy; or persistent muscle spasms, including those that are characteristic of multiple sclerosis. In addition, patients and physicians may submit petitions to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to include other medical conditions that may be alleviated by the medical use of marijuana.

What does it currently cost to recieve/renew your ID card?
Originally the charge was 110$ per year, but this fee was recently reduced to $90 per year, expiring on the same date issued each year. This does not include the fee that the doctor availible at the clinic may charge for the consultation and reccomendation for medical marijuana.

How much medicine does my medical ID card legally allowed to possess or grow?
Amendment 20 authorizes a patient or a primary caregiver who has been issued a Medical Marijuana Registry identification card to possess no more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana and not more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

How is my confidentiality protected?
Your confidentiality is protected by law and by the procedures used by the registry. No lists of doctors, patients of caregivers are given out to anyone. Local law enforcement may only contact the registry to verify the information on a specific identification card. The registry database resides on a stand-alone computer and is password protected and encrypted. The office and all of its contents are locked at night when the registry administrator is out of the office.

Does my card protect me from drug tests at work?
Unfortunately the Colorado medical marijuana law does not require any employer to accommodate the medical use of marijuana in any work place. It is not specified whether or not this regulation concerning accommodation pertains only to on-the-job medical marijuana use, or more generally, to the employment of any individual who engages in the medical use of marijuana; in fact the amendment does not discuss the issue of employment-related drug testing at all.

Will my insurance pay for my weed? Or perhaps a presctiption bong?
:) No, unfortunately under Colorado state law, no governmental, private, or any other health insurance provider shall be liable for any claim for reimbursement for the medical use of marijuana.

What is a "Caregiver"?
"Primary care-giver" means a person, other than the patient and the patient's physician, who is eighteen years of age or older and has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a patient who has a debilitating medical condition. If a patient so chooses, they may choose to select one primary caregiver, who may legally grow, posses, and distribute to the patient marijuana as is medically necessary. There is now no restriction to the number of patients which one primary caregiver may serve. The caregiver's name and address will appear on the patient's registry ID.

I think so, But I'm not 100% sure man. I just looked up the law cuz I'm to lazy to find it in my room and it doesnt specifically say, it just ends with and other debilitating conditions. I could see herb, helping with some conditations alot, where others their would probably be some mind work involved with the marijuana therapy. If your curious for yourself give thcf a call, they'll be able to tell you. Good luck :Rasta:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom