Far East Buds

OK so here is the current deal.

I have been growing all along (2014) but haven't been posting on 420 due to a lack of time and also motivation. I have continued with my perpetual run and have had up to 25 ? strains running simultaneously. I have things pretty well dialed in and consistent for the most part. I have battled Gnats and Spider mites along the way. I rarely have dealt with the mites and seem to take care of them effectively. The gnats I can't seem to 100% eradicate but they usually are kept at very low numbers and meeeh little impact. I will list the strains I was running when I get a chance. The key is the was. See I am in search of the best strains that I like and work in my environment. I am a caretaker for a few people so their likes are important as well.

Out of the 25 I was running I forced myself to narrow it down to my 10 favorites. that was hard to do but it was because recently I added 27 new seed strains. (yes 27) I only popped 10 so far (7 are in peapods and 3 should be soon). My quest for the world's best strains will continue.

So to give some info on my hardware. My apologies if my laziness does not supply pictures of the details but you will see the stuff over time. This is current but I have used various setups over the last 3 years and some better than others. But this current setup I really like and it is very good on maintenance and labor to keep up. Sometimes growing has become a part time job.

I run out of three rooms. All run Drain to Waste in Coco that is new un fed each plant.

Work room- This room I use for chopping plants, drying, nutrient storage, supplies etc

Veg Room- This room runs a 1x2 Fluor, 1x4 Fluor, and 2x4 Fluor. I run 3 stages in Veg. Clones. Medium Veg and Big veg as I call them.
Small is for clones. My clones get cut , put in peapods with some gel and fed only tap water until rooted. Yup that's it.
Medium is for 1 gallon pots auto fed from an Octo feeder (30 gallon nute barrel).
Big Veg is plants prestaged for flower. Fed by a separate Octo on same res. That is when they get uppotted to 5 gallon pots and groomed for when a spot opens in flower.
I am lazy! The nutes are fed light and from the same Res. 700PPm typically. When it runs empty I usually let them feed on 60ppm tap water for a day or two to get some of the salts out.

Flower room I run 3x315W CMH's on 4200k ushio's and one Black Diamond perfect sun 1000W on a mover (6ft) (more on that down the road. Maybe) 2 of the 315's are brand new replacements for a mars LED and a 600W HPS. I ran one and liked it so I added 2 more ;) I run a 55 gallon Res and feed about 1000 PPM to everything in the flower room. Yes I feed them 1000ppm from day one in that room. I finish each plant with a 1-2 week flush dependant on it's appearance. Straight tap water flush for all.

As I said I currently run Drain to waste, Coco, A mix of nutrient brands, Octo auto feeds with Darts on a timer, I only usually run Photo plants.

So I do not anticipate posting pictures daily etc. I am not totally sure how often I will post etc. I will do my best tho to participate here in some way. LOL. I will figure out some format i follow and hopefully it will be interesting.

This is my old Journal if You want to compare the old me to the new ;) I might even have another one out there too ;)

Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

I guess I will end this post here. I may edit it if i find mistakes.. LOL but I definitely will have more info in the following posts..

Peace

FE

Hi and welcome back :hug:

I was away too, but all roads lead to....
420 Magazine :)
Of course the set up pics can wait... But pretty please pics of ladies in green is a must :)
I'm glad to see you are back as well!
Yes yes I will post pic's. Soon!
Not much in flower ATM as I am doing a Scouring!

Soon!

peace

FE

This is what I was running in some of fashion for 2 years. Not all at the same time as I started expanding slow but then eventually popped like 15 beans at once.

• “Train Wreck” by Green House Seed Co.
  • “White Widow” by Green House Seed Co.
  • “Northern Lights” by Royal Queen Seeds Co.
  • “Sensi Star” by Paradise Seed Co.
  • “OG Kush” by Royal Queen Seeds
  • “Acapulco Gold” by Barney’s Seed Company.
  • “Bubblegum” by T H Seed Co.
  • “Guanabana” by Blimburn Seed Co.
  • Green crack by Humboldt
  • Super Lemon Haze by Green House
  • Pineapple Chunk by Barney’s
  • Sweet Tooth by Barney’s
  • Tangerine Dream by Barney’s
  • Liberty Haze by Barney’s
  • “LSD” by Barney’s Seed Co.
  • “Kosher Kush” by Reserva Privada Seed Co.
  • “Big Kush” by Dinafem Seed Co.
  • “Peach Puree CBD” by G13 Labs Seed Co.
  • “G13 Haze” by Barney’s Seed Co.
  • “Gigabud” by G13 Labs Seed Co.
  • “Critical + 2.0” by Dinafem Seed Co.
I dropped it down to my 10 favorites. I may have missed one or two i was running as well. But I didnt drop them all for the same reasons. Some where sweet but low yield. Some just didn't like my setup. The way I run they all get fed the same. Some strains don't like that. Some I dropped because they were similar to others I liked better. Varying reasons. Based on the many factors though I narrowed it down to 10 and that way I could try a new selection to go with some fav's

With those 10 and with the 10 seeds in the process of sprouting I will be running this....

• WW= “White Widow” by Green House Seed Co.8W
  • SS= “Sensi Star” by Paradise Seed Co.8-9W
  • OGK= “OG Kush” by Royal Queen Seeds 8W
  • GB= “Guanabana” by Blimburn Seed Co. 8-9W
  • SLH= Super Lemon Haze by Green House 10W
  • BK= “Big Kush” by Dinafem Seed Co. 8-9W
  • PP= “Peach Puree CBD” by G13 Labs Seed Co. 8-9W
  • HAZE= “G13 Haze” by Barney’s Seed Co. 10-11W
  • CRIT= “Critical + 2.0” by Dinafem Seed Co. 7-8W
  • SD= Sour Diesel by Royal Queen 11W
  • Chem= Chemdog#4 Blimburn Seed Co 9-10W
  • CBD Jam = CBD Jam by Delicious Seed Co 8W
  • CBD Crit= Crit Cure by Barney’s Seed Co. 8-9W
  • CCC= Cotton Candy Cane by Emerald Triangle Seed Co. 9W
  • CSSH= Critical Super Silver Haze by Delicious Seed Co 9-10W
  • EUP= Euphoria CBD by Royal Queen Seed Co 8W
  • GSC= Girl Scout Cookies by Cali Connection 9-10W
  • CMOG= Chocolate Mint OG by Humboldt Seed Org. 9W
  • LLS= Loveless by Green bud Seed Co 9W
  • GUM= Gummy Bears by Elemental Seed Co 8-9W
Some of these were recommendations. Some I chose. I have as I said 27 new ones to try so I popped 10 new to get me to 20 or so. This will be exciting to see as I am no longer considering myself a "novice". Just maybe a tiny bit above. But at least I should be able to do some good testing.

In this whole change over I am fresh in Veg. I bleached and emptied the room. It is back up and not totally cleaned but close to ready... I will bleach it another time soon while everything is small and can be moved into the maintenance room.

Flower as of today has 1 plant left in it. When it is harvested in the next few days I will bleach that room hardcore and do some reconfiguring.

I had been two years or so without a shutdown. I needed to redo some stuff and really try to eradicate the gnats. Running perpetual it is very hard to do things like that. So when i decided it was time to try new stuff the timing seemed right. Maybe that brought me back to my beginnings here and that is why i came back!

Anyway This is just a quick update and there will be many more of these little ones to get back up to speed!

Peace

FE

Flower Room Update!

So I have been cleaning and redesigning some things in my whole grow. Well mostly flower. Veg is essentially the same but did get a restart. More on that later...

So this was what my flower room looked like in the middle of the shut down..

IMGP0008.JPG
IMGP0007.JPG

Kind of dingy and dirty.. I have cleaned it up substantially and I am maybe 90% done.

IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0514.jpg

The images don't do it justice.
The room needs some fan placement etc and then a good bleach and scrub.
Most of the lights aren't on and I will get some more pics soon. Maybe even a vid.
I am several weeks away from anything going into flower. But when they do I expect even better results. Not that the 6-8 zip plants have been poor. ;) this setup should also ease some of the burden of labor. Plus it is a little better usage of the light footprint so I should be able to squeeze more in if I want to.

That's a quick update on the flower room!

Peace

FE

Veg Room Update!

IMGP0001.JPG
IMGP0003.JPG
IMGP0004.JPG

So the above pictures are a week or so ago in veg. Some of the seeds have popped and some are still not in the pods yet. The ones that are in the 1 gallon pots are all strains I have run off clones for approx 2 years now.

IMGP0005.JPG
IMGP0006.JPG

These ones are from a few days ago. I think one seed I lost.. Euphoria. It grew too fast and I didnt get it in the pod fast enough so it dried out when i did. CC cbd was hard to pop. It took a week to pop. I was going to chuck it but I noticed it had split open a tiny bit. So I let it stay in the cotton for a week. It did sprout but it so far behind and slow compared to the rest. So 9 out of 10 and really 10 out of 10 if I didn't mess that one up.

It will be awhile to get some real visuals of my plants. (flowers) but soon enough. The first ones in there will be strains that I have been running as the clones will be ready long before the new seeds. I will try to leave some room for them though. I'd like the testing to start back up asap.

Guess that's about it for now.

Peace

FE

Looks very good! :thumb:
At least you know what went wrong. Although, that is a good ratio.
Nothing really went wrong. My yields have been decent for two years. But I could see what was lacking. I am too lazy to string up plants all the time. Some plants would get hidden behind others. So switching to a scrog system will make that easier. Each plant should be able to spread out better to improve the yield on all the plants.

;)

peace

FE

You can't disappoint us

LOL. No let's hope my plants don't disappoint. ;)
Usually I do pretty well. The winter time is easier for me to grow as the temps are easier to manage. Well I guess I use to think that but this year was the hottest we have ever had on record I believe, and I had no major issues.

I'll do my best to stay involved here! That is where I hope not to disappoint ! Thank you for coming by.,

Peace

FE

You can't disappoint anyone, which neens noone is here to judge you. :hug:
We are here to help and support.
If you fail, we fail with you and when you succeed, we share the joy with you.

You can't disappoint anyone, which neens noone is here to judge you. :hug:
We are here to help and support.
If you fail, we fail with you and when you succeed, we share the joy with you.
Aww that kinda felt sweet Angry...
I don't fret too much about failures. I run perpetual so every week or so plants go into flower ( soon it will be again as I am almost ready in veg to start flower again) A failure to me is a non yielding plant. Lower than I expected. Luckily for me usually it doesn't happen a lot anymore. And at this point if one plant doesn't then I can usually see why. I ran 25 strain for 2+ years so I have learned how most grow. I can tell if that particular one was a pass or fail. If it fails It is always my fault and 90% of the time it is laziness to be honest.

You'll see. This should be fun!

Peace

FE

Back
Top Bottom