So time to do a little update....

Things are rolling along nicely in Veg...
Flower hasn't been restarted yet but it is basically ready. I just don't have any plants ready yet. Close but not quite..

So here is big Veg

IMGP0023.JPG

So three of them are almost ready for the flip. I am trying to get them to a certain height before hand and they are close.

Here is medium Veg

IMGP0024.JPG
Some are clones some are new beans for the first runs.

And Clone tray or small veg...

IMGP0025.JPG

The last thing i do is pull clones before I send plants to flower. These are some of them. I do my clones very simple.. Clip, Shave one side, Clone gel, Into the pods. I give them non ph'd water daily (7.0) and within 2-3 weeks there will be roots hard core. That simple. The best one from each plants gets up potted. The rest I cull.

So not really any close ups. Veg is kinda boring really. (to me)
I don't worry too much about them in veg. Goal is to get them good and strong before flower. Then I shoot for smooth in Flower for the best results.

So another week or two and I should have some stuff in flower.

Guess that's it for now.

Peace

FE

They are happy and growing:thumb::cheer:
Always make me sad to hear cull.
I understand why you do. My reason was other...
I totally get it. I use to hate doing it as well. I would always ask friends if they wanted them. But with my perpetual system I just need the one.. ;/

peace

FE

So today was kind of a big day for me as I have 3 plants I put into flower. Big Kush, OG Kush, and Crtitical 2.0. I didn't see how long it has been but flower was shut down for awhile. So with the new changes and strains coming up I am pretty Stoked!

Fresh cleaned rez. Filled of nutes with a slight variation. What a super hassle to clean all the dart drippers. I'm going to need to figure out a better way on that. All that being said things seem better than ever so far. Temps are decent RH is low but that will rise as I add more plants and they develop. With a full room of plants in perpetual I usually have no humidity issues. I don't have to add in a humidifier. Well last year i didn't. This is a new setup and year. We'll have to see how things work out.

So here is some pics of the first three to hit flower

IMGP0026.JPG
IMGP0027.JPG

So this one is Big Kush. It has been a decent yielder and has been a fairly popular one with the patients.

IMGP0028.JPG
IMGP0029.JPG

Og Kush!!! Everyone loves this one as well. I Never grew too many strains more than one plant in flower at a time. This was one I should have. This is the only plant besides Sour Diesel a long time ago that gives me solid nugs. I think that is easier to achieve on some strains than others. But this next run should answer some of those questions.

IMGP0030.JPG
IMGP0031.JPG

So this one is Critical 2.0 Possibly this one ended up going in to flower a tad small. I am curious though with the amount of stretch I usually get if it will settle in nicely with the scrog. These first runs with the scrog now should be interesting to see how I adapt to it. It seems too big right now. But when I grew without it before the plants where jammed in. So this seems weird to think there is too much room. I know it is just in my head.

Any way, Things are finally starting to roll and from here there should be more to see. As I have said. Veg is sorta boring. So this part becomes fun. But veg is rolling well right now. All my new stuff is looking good! I will get a new update in there soon. The whole room needs and uppot so I'll do the next update in there.

Peace

FE

I like the auto watering, you have a timer on it or you open the water manually?
Must have taken a while to dial in the dose of water..
You girls look happy :thumb:

I like the auto watering, you have a timer on it or you open the water manually?
Must have taken a while to dial in the dose of water..
You girls look happy :thumb:

Thanks for coming by AB. There were some things in the initial set up that once i adjusted the whole system is simple. All the lines had to be redone awhile back as they work better if they are all the same length. I run a large adjustment valve for each octo. Each Octo can run up to 8 lines but i only use 5 of them. 2 octo's. they feed off a 55 gallon drum. I feed 3 times a light on cycle for 2 min. I have it setup with the valve that 2 minutes gives me a little runoff. I could slow down the flow and feed longer etc but this seems to have been working well for 2 years. I had made my own octo's before. I was happy when I got these ones though. Simply just an appearance improvement but the octo's are way easier to clean. Flushing i take the dart drippers right out and use tap water (7.0). I just run a line over to the flushing plant and let it run until a good amount of run off. With the scrog I will have to flush in place. But I use to move them to a spot I considered the flushing area. That area will just get plants now.
I never worry about PH on flush or anything because I am trying to get the plant to clear it self. So my non educated answer was who cares if it is at a ph level to block stuff.. Good! Just stay hydrated little buddy ;)

This whole system enables me to forget feeding. Every 7-10 days the rez gets refilled fresh as it is all drain to waste. I usually give a 1-2 day 7.0 ph tap water flush in between each rez fill. Because these plants get put in perpetual I never change the feed. The get 1000-1100 ppm through out the cycle until flush. I know this isn't ideal. But it has been the goal from day one to do it this way. And sensitive plants to that just don't get rerun. Thus part of my strain hunt. I say it a lot but I'm Lazy...

Peace

FE

It isn't being lazy when you have studied your way to a timesaving construction.
I think it is very clever and well planned.
When I had my garden, I never checked pH, so I hear ya'.
Your ladies looks like they are healthy and happy and that is all that matters. :)

So two things here. 1 I am so jealous of the clones. I have some seed right now and no clones and I want to just turn and burn and I see your clones and get so jealous.

Also...I love how you are describing that. People always want to say I am the best o optimized this way. That's how you know they are a newb.

You are ... I have a goal ...I am going to make this work and optimize how I want for my needs.

And it isn't something stupid.

This is how real new methods are created. Not because I was smarter than all the farmers before me...but because I had a problem to solve no one else cared about.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

We all should grow they way that suits our needs. There is no right way. There are many wrong.

It isn't being lazy when you have studied your way to a timesaving construction.
I think it is very clever and well planned.
When I had my garden, I never checked pH, so I hear ya'.
Your ladies looks like they are healthy and happy and that is all that matters. :)

Namaste!
This has been an ongoing evolution of my system. And I am not afraid to admit my failures. I am on like my 10th type of light. So there are things I wish I knew back then.

So two things here. 1 I am so jealous of the clones. I have some seed right now and no clones and I want to just turn and burn and I see your clones and get so jealous.

Also...I love how you are describing that. People always want to say I am the best o optimized this way. That's how you know they are a newb.

You are ... I have a goal ...I am going to make this work and optimize how I want for my needs.

And it isn't something stupid.

This is how real new methods are created. Not because I was smarter than all the farmers before me...but because I had a problem to solve no one else cared about.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

We all should grow they way that suits our needs. There is no right way. There are many wrong.

You are far too kind... There are a dozen things you do I would like to implement. Someday... Because growing is a hobby and i care take for me the automated and simplicity side always take precedence though. But seeing some of your things again makes me think of those effective ways I can try some of it ;)

I can't stop thinking of the Tea's... Since day one... Can't stop thinking.... Tea's

Peace

FE

So, tea... Se me?!
Or please me by telling me what tea!!

Just brewing up tea to feed plants... Not like Chai.. Drinkable by me...
I've always wanted to make my own. People like VI have been perfecting it for years.. I always thought I would join the bandwagon but I still just feed the store bought stuff..

Peace

FE

So VI gave me the idea without knowing it, to make an explanation of how I take clones.

So I gather the plant and my gear onto my work space.

IMGP0033.JPG

That pic was fuzzy for some reason. Usually I don't take them from smaller plants but this one was getting uppotted so I did it anyway.

So I use the predone pea pods, Scissors, Alcohol, Rooting gel...paper towels. Simplicity at it's finest...

So I preclean the scissors with the alcohol. I usually pull out 3 or 4 pea pods.

IMGP0034.JPG

I hack up the plant with the stuff I want to defol and a good healthy top for clones. I run a scrog in flower so I do a fair amount of defoling in veg. I don't care about defoling in veg I actually need to so I can get the plant the way I want it. Stunt growth? Sure it does! I don't need speed in veg. I actually discourage it.. Flower is my set up's bottleneck. So veg I want slow steady growth. Flower is where things need to be no stress throughout.

IMGP0035.JPG

This is a smaller than typical top I pluck for cloning. Funny thinking back I believed you could only clone the tops. Like it had to be only the top or branches out. I use to end up with scraggley clones...

IMGP0036.JPG

I shave one side of the stock. If you notice this clone the way I took it. Big stock with a little plant coming off it. These clones take a bit to root but the big stock gives it a solid base and the usually don't even really droop. The ones i take with much bigger leaves always droop.

IMGP0037.JPG

This is the end result. 4 clones per plant is my usual. I rarely lose 1 but sometimes I get lazy on watering or something. I only need one good one to take...

IMGP0038.JPG

This is pretty much the end result on the plant.

My clones take a solid 3-4 weeks to take hold. I water them with tap water daily the pods need to be moist to help is my belief. The clones are hungry at 3 weeks and usually yellowing is just starting so an Uppot or feeding once the roots are popping is best. But usually I just wait until I uppot it..

I've tried DWC , Fog, Straight into Coco, Rockwool, More?

This is far from the fastest but by far the easiest method I have done yet. Success rate is extremely high. The peapods are not too bad on cost but thats really the only added expense. Cloning gel was $7 and I use the same can everytime.. so It lasts awhile. I suppose I could do it more sterile from that point but so far hasn't been an issue.

I struggled with clones at first years ago. So as with the rest of my grow I wanted it simple. Because it is perpetual.. I need to be able to take clones on an as needed basis. Thus a cloner running all the time was just another hassle. This method is so easy and non time consuming that sometimes in the past I forgot. Thus I have lost some strains. But now I have a pattern that shouldn't allow it to happen again. Revegging is a hassle.

Peace

FE

What is in the tea?
I did tea of horse manure, banana peel and coffee.. If course for the ladies. ..
And I only drink herbs... Not tea lol
Well there are many many versions of it but VI has permission to post his link here. I am sure he will eventually. It is all natural stuff .. Bat guano, Sea Stuff... etc and you brew it in a 5 gallon pail for a day. Brewing meaning bubble it. then feed the plant with it weekly. Its very little of each ingredient needed so it is cheap.. all natural... well balanced feed for cannabis. If done right it will give results that are more flavorful, natural etc.

Similar to exactly what you are saying above. People even put it in soil and let is stay in there for awhile.. All kinds of goodness happens as the good bacteria grow...

;)

Back
Top Bottom