Bubble, like with an air stone? I have seen that and read about it..
Yup ;)
Keeps is stirring up for a day mixing and mixing... Then you strain out all the solids... the liquid is the shit! as in good shit...

See I would be doing something like that by now but.....
I had issues in the beginning. And I have battled a fair amount of things.. Some more than once. Any time you try a new thing there is a dialing in period. I care take for people so I cant run too low on avail product..lol
So when things hit a good point a couple years ago I ran with it.. Very little changes.. Some lights.. Some fans... Some AC units... those I upgraded or swapped out..

But the feed.. nutes... Preventative stuff...all remained unchanged. I battled ick. This setup stopped it.

I keep saying I will try it and i think the time is coming.. But i need to get a cycle though my flower room with all those changes.. Then I can see what to play with from there....

Peace

FE

I know what you mean.
There are things "simmering" in your mind... Maturing until the day and then you will just do it. Hopefully without too much dialing in period :)

I tried an ACT on my last grow. I let it bubble ~24 hours but couldn't really tell if the microbes had multiplied or not. I don't think my little aquarium pump puts out enough air. The plants seemed to love the tea though.

I've also been trying an instant microbial tea made by Cultured Biologics. Plants seem to love that too.

Curious to see what you come up with.

12-16-18 Update!

So it has been quite awhile since I posted some pics. Things are progressing nicely in veg and the few that have been added in flower are filling out nicely.

The Clone area is full at the moment. Some get a little ragged looking when I first plant clone them. But most usually pull through nicely in the end.

So a few have yellow tips on the leaves so time for an uppot and feed..

IMGP0039.JPG

Medium Veg is doing well too. These are almost all new strains so this is sorta cool to see the new beans growing

IMGP0040.JPG

Big Veg I was getting a little lazy for a bit there. I had some uppotting to do. I got that all done tonight and I'll follow up these pic's with some more that are after all the work I did tonight.

IMGP0041.JPG

IMGP0045.JPG
IMGP0046.JPG

IMGP0047.JPG

So the last three pics are veg after the uppotting. They all got trimmed up some as well so they all look ragged. But they will rebound fine in a day or two.

The one I do have a concern for is the Girl Scout Cookies. That one just flat out has not grown well. Thats actually a huge disappointment as it is the second attempt at the strain. The first seed last year was a male. This one is growing like crap. Oh well

So now to flower

IMGP0043.JPG
IMGP0044.JPG

Things are starting to stretch a little bit. I am definitely going to have to learn how to properly judge the size for scrogging. I am trying to keep them close to the scrog and it seems that is already becoming an issue.

So two new plants to flower today.
GB.. Guanabana. and Sour Diesel.

IMGP0048.JPG

That leaves room for 7-8 more. So I should be able to plan it so that the 6 in big veg go in as ready and then a couple more new strains will be ready for big veg by then. I think I will be able to run most of the new strains through a first time rather quickly save one or two.

With the scrog I noticed each plant has a lot more room. It really has the same room but maybe because I spread them out into the scrog more They appear much larger.. or are.. I am curious how that will affect the yields.

So that's about it for now.. Thank you for stopping by

Peace

FE

Attachments

• IMGP0042.JPG
    IMGP0042.JPG
    564.6 KB · Views: 40
Sorry i missed so much...been busy... but looking strong. Wont bother to ramble... you guys all are cracking me up.

So I love the part where you were laughing about only cloning tops.

I promised this on thread I would show this old school way I was taught to clone that is super simple...and my plants are struggling like I haven't seen in I don't know how long.

I should have at least a week ago. Still haven't.

My budy said he may bring me some plants next weekend. Proven genetics... I hope so and I can compost the ones have.

He said he would charge me for the Doug Fir he is bringing me and giving me for free a bunch if pot plants...if he can fit them. He is an odd duck.

The one I do have a concern for is the Girl Scout Cookies. That one just flat out has not grown well. Thats actually a huge disappointment as it is the second attempt at the strain. The first seed last year was a male. This one is growing like crap. Oh well

I had a cookies strain in my last grow that was the weirdest cannabis plant I'd ever seen. I didn't think it'd amount to much. I thought about pulling it, but I let it go. It ended up producing a decent yield of top shelf product. I've got another one going now and it's falling behind a little, but I think it's just a thing with these genes.

Sort of late to the conversation as usual...but in my sig is a great post on why you should be using beneficial bacteria tea in DWC...but the info is universal...all styles of growing can benefit from feeding tea even just once a grow as it helps, amongst other things to make healthy big rootballs. I had a lady on here once using it to fix a problem and she threw the excess on some clones. One shot and the whole grow they stood out better.

I do it regularly and don't feed anything else.

There are a few ways to grow organic but the whole thing comes down to trying to create a huge diverse microbial web in the medium.

Perlite only medium is very bad for organic growing really...great for organic nutes but the bacteria don't like the perlite as much as as coco or other organic material. Teas are great to clean out the medium, fix pH, wash out toxic abundance...you name it, when done correctly they can fix just about any soil or medium issue.

All you are doing is making the stuff they sell you in the store at home fresh. But you can't store it more than a few days. So once every 2 weeks I make some and feed for a bit and go back onto water.

After the soil is black you need only add water. When the soil is decomposing like in nature with all the stuff the plant needs it is a slow release medium you don't worry about. But that takes a bit of work and doesn't come from a bag.

I had a cookies strain in my last grow that was the weirdest cannabis plant I'd ever seen. I didn't think it'd amount to much. I thought about pulling it, but I let it go. It ended up producing a decent yield of top shelf product. I've got another one going now and it's falling behind a little, but I think it's just a thing with these genes.
Hopefully that is the case with mine too. My Pineapple Chunk was like that and still did well...
Peace

FE

Sort of late to the conversation as usual...but in my sig is a great post on why you should be using beneficial bacteria tea in DWC...but the info is universal...all styles of growing can benefit from feeding tea even just once a grow as it helps, amongst other things to make healthy big rootballs. I had a lady on here once using it to fix a problem and she threw the excess on some clones. One shot and the whole grow they stood out better.

I do it regularly and don't feed anything else.

There are a few ways to grow organic but the whole thing comes down to trying to create a huge diverse microbial web in the medium.

Perlite only medium is very bad for organic growing really...great for organic nutes but the bacteria don't like the perlite as much as as coco or other organic material. Teas are great to clean out the medium, fix pH, wash out toxic abundance...you name it, when done correctly they can fix just about any soil or medium issue.

All you are doing is making the stuff they sell you in the store at home fresh. But you can't store it more than a few days. So once every 2 weeks I make some and feed for a bit and go back onto water.

After the soil is black you need only add water. When the soil is decomposing like in nature with all the stuff the plant needs it is a slow release medium you don't worry about. But that takes a bit of work and doesn't come from a bag.

I want to try this and I am sure I will. I just need to get through a cycle or two and then plan my method of doing it. I am debating soil instead of COCO as well.

Peace

FE

There is a guy on here I have been PMing who is attempting to try to run DWC from my tea only, from seed. I wouldn't do that and told him but he is pumped and trying. I would wait until the roots hit the res at least. No reason to use it until 2 weeks into a real res IMO.

He is bored with DWC he says and is doing it just for kicks.

It is just something to do. I have a batch at peak right now and going to use it as a foliar spray this evening. It is by far the best foliar spray I have used.

Make some for that alone in veg. Don't do it on flowers but In veg the plant just explodes on tea as a foliar feed. Make a batch with tripple kelp and the stalks are huge.

I picked up 2 infested plants from a grower. Hand me downs from another grower so like I am at least the 3rd person on this seed. I went at them aggressively with insecticides and now they are almost dead. I need to bring them back with the foliar. 1 I am sure is dead but I will keep trying. The other...may have a kicking chance. Guaranteed high yield 23ish THC deep purple Hindu Kush. Hopefully she survives. They were both given to me by this guy who went through hundreds of clones last year and he threw out all the crap and he brings these over and says these are his heavy yielders. He has more but everything is infested with the worst kind of bug oeriod so I dont want them all at once. One at a time and I will treat them, clone them and toss what he brings me.

There is a guy on here I have been PMing who is attempting to try to run DWC from my tea only, from seed. I wouldn't do that and told him but he is pumped and trying. I would wait until the roots hit the res at least. No reason to use it until 2 weeks into a real res IMO.

He is bored with DWC he says and is doing it just for kicks.

It is just something to do. I have a batch at peak right now and going to use it as a foliar spray this evening. It is by far the best foliar spray I have used.

Make some for that alone in veg. Don't do it on flowers but In veg the plant just explodes on tea as a foliar feed. Make a batch with tripple kelp and the stalks are huge.

I picked up 2 infested plants from a grower. Hand me downs from another grower so like I am at least the 3rd person on this seed. I went at them aggressively with insecticides and now they are almost dead. I need to bring them back with the foliar. 1 I am sure is dead but I will keep trying. The other...may have a kicking chance. Guaranteed high yield 23ish THC deep purple Hindu Kush. Hopefully she survives. They were both given to me by this guy who went through hundreds of clones last year and he threw out all the crap and he brings these over and says these are his heavy yielders. He has more but everything is infested with the worst kind of bug oeriod so I dont want them all at once. One at a time and I will treat them, clone them and toss what he brings me.

I don't want to try tea's for kicks. I want results... I feel a good tea will feed as good as any store bought crap. It's just finding a way to implement it so I don't make too much work for myself. It's awful easy to plop down some cash for liquid gold and call it good.

I always worry about taking clones from people. I had a couple bad experiences... So what I do now is if someone gives me a clone i clip it and reclone it. That way I don't need to treat the medium. Just the plant itself. But even that I shy away from. Recently it has been all stuff from seed.

Peace

FE

Yeah this is the first clone I have taken from somone in years... many years.

I think I don't know somone who has accepted clones who hasn't dealt with bugs.

These plants were not clonable. The one was really just destroyed and not worth it. The other one was viable but all that was left was infested. So I have to regrow for some clones.

I have so many seeds this is just stupid but I like the challenge.

Yeah this is the first clone I have taken from somone in years... many years.

I think I don't know somone who has accepted clones who hasn't dealt with bugs.

These plants were not clonable. The one was really just destroyed and not worth it. The other one was viable but all that was left was infested. So I have to regrow for some clones.

I have so many seeds this is just stupid but I like the challenge.

That also plays into it for me. I run sooo many strains that I usually don't need more. I literally have 18? strains I have yet to pop the beans. I think I am running 19 currently? So for me if it is time for a change up I just pop something new.

But that being said. Sometimes the "killer" Pheno from a strain comes along. then it is serious beat it to shit and reclone it... If it lives then it deserves to be run ;)

Peace

FE

Back
Top Bottom