Farming Industrial Hemp nearby ?

Weekender

OK team I am needing some advise and your knowledge concerning Industrial Hemp. In the USA industrial hemp has been legalized in our 2019 farm bill, I have read some bits and pieces concerning this crop in the past few years. Me being a outdoor gorilla grower in a solid farming area in the Midwest, Ohio. Corn, Soybeans and Winter Wheat are the crops here and 95% of the ground outside of city limits is farmed.

Questions I have are
Should I expect to see 100 acre fields of hemp in the next year here in Ohio, next 3-5 years ?
Will industrial hemp cross pollinate with my feminized cannabis plants ? For what distance to be safe?
Are there benefits of hemp farming that I have not considered ? Benefits to me, not the world for this purpose.
What about other negatives of hemp farming nearby that I have not considered ?

You may have dealt with this in your area so your information is appreciated.

Don't know for a fact but what I heard at the Hydro Store in town last year was that outdoor growers were having problems with their ladies being pollinated by Hemp Farms in the area here in OR. No idea how far pollen can travel (or distance where it would just be a few flowers and not the whole plant) as it can hitch a ride on birds and other wildlife besides just traveling in the wind.

Back
Top Bottom