Farside05's Multiple Strain Auto Grow in Coco: Trainwreck, Blueberry, Cream Caramel, Purple Kush

Just put the seeds in jiffy plugs today. I'll be growing Trainwreck and Cream Caramel from Sweet Seeds, Blueberry from Zambeza, and Purple Kush ftom Buddha. This is my first grow using Coco, I've always used ProMix before. Nutes will be DynaGro Foliage Pro and ProTekt and lighting is a homemade strip LED build, 3500k, and 300 watts. Hope you join me for this run.

Seeds haven't poked out of the jiffy plugs yet but I hydrated a brick and a half of coco and filled my 4 pots in preparation. Need to clean out the inside of the tent before I move in the pots. I like everything pristine before things get going.

Nice spreadsheet farside05 tell me more about it please. Do you follow it is it a 1 2 3 ratio.

See the Tab called AN Study Results? From the data I culled from their tissue samples, and in turn put into my spreadsheet, it shows that the average (well at least from the 3 strains tested) cannabis plant had a ratio of 7-1-5 in the veg phase and 5-1-5 in the bloom phase. Now these are plant numbers, not bottle numbers, so you have to adjust for the actual availability to the plant from the fertilizer. Below is an excerpt from one of my favorite artilces on the subject:

"Also, P and K percentages shown on fertilizer packages are not the actual amount of P or K in the blend. The percentage of P on the package is the percentage of P2O5 (phosphorous pentoxide) and you need to multiply the percentage shown by .43 to get the actual amount of P in the fertilizer. Similarly, the K level percentage shown is actually the level of K2O ( potassium oxide) and must be multiplied by .83 to arrive at the actual amount of K supplied."

Short story (probably all you cared about in the first place, lol) I'm shooting for something more like 3-1-3 in a soil-less medium like Pro-Mix or Coco Coir.

Interesting stuff indeed

I'll be checking it out on my computer

Just started trying dynagrow this dwc grow
Had some Pro-tekt issues of globbed up stuffs ... Thinking the bubbler may have caused it durring mixing

Rd three looks better so for

If you're doing DWC, then maybe you might want to try the 1-3-2 ratio in flower like I was discussing with @EastCoastGhost in his thread. I've never done pure hyro before, but one of the Dyna gurus from another site claims plants do better in bloom with that ratio (in hydro but not in soil-less). He's done side by side to compare results.

I built the spreadsheet for me, never really anticipating sharing it. Therefore, it's built around just the products I use (Dyna-Gro). Since there is some interest in it, I may make it easier to input your own data into, ie create a data input section outside of the tables and lock formulas so they don't accidentally get messed with. I may have some time on my hands at work tonight. I'd also like to add a Nitrogen calculator tab to the spreadsheet. I've been using a website for that but it would be nice to have everything in one spot. Just gotta figure out the formulas.

Great stuff there definitely interesting. I’m doing dwc with dynagrow using protec bloom and calmag and dynazime It works really well but the ph is always falling. Over a 13 hour period we can go from 6.1down to 5.2. The plants look fine because I keep up on them but this is the most up I have ever used. I did notice once I switched it up to 3/4 the recommendation dose it held for 3 days. Now my ratios are not a 123 or even close. But once fully learned I may be able to make a 123 for all growth fazes. Still to this day I say general hydroponic hold ph the best.

I updated my Nute Calculation Spreadsheet (version 2). There is a link for it in my signature now. Updates include:

PPM/EC Calculator has the ability to enter up to 10 products.

The Blended NPK Ratio Calculator can handle 10 products and has tables for either 1/4 tsp or ml per gallon as units of measure.

The Nitrogen Loading Calculator is brand new. It can do up to 10 products and also has tables for either 1/4 tsp or ml per gallon as units of measure.

There's some brief instructions on each calculator that tell you what to complete. Enjoy.

Sorry guys. If you downloaded my spreadsheet, delete what you downloaded and download it again. I noticed that I didn't carry over all the data inputs to the tables in the Nitrogen Loading Calculator. Should be fixed now.

The Trainwreck and Purple Kush babies. The Cream Caramel may sprout, she's taking her sweet ass time. The Blueberry seed looks like she may be a dud. If so it would only be the second seed not to sprout in over 3 years. Although dissapointing, that's not bad odds. We'll give em a couple more days otherwise I'm dropping new seeds.

The Cream Caramel wasn't really going anywhere in the Jiffy plug. The seed had cracked but there was barely a tap root. I took it from the jiffy plug and put it in between some paper towels. After a day I had a 3/4 inch tap root so I planted it this evening. The Blueberry seed had cracked but not tap root at all. I put her in the paper towel but no movement. I think she's a dud. I dropped a Fruit Punch by Heavyweight to hopefully fill the 4th spot in the tent.

Anyone ever try this? A powder you dissolve into your own gallon of water to make a gallon of Cal-Mag. Cost is $17 and has the same contents and ratios as Botanicares product at 1/3 the cost. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom