Farside05's Science Fair Project

Which way do you think will turn out best?

• Total voters
Day 47, Day 14 of Bloom

Had the girls out to clean up some bottom foliage. Things keep plugging along. The lights are getting close to max height, hopefully the vertical climb stops soon and they just focus on packing on bud. The tower fan is getting eaten alive. A week from now you probably won't be able to see it.

Painkiller XL #1
XL11.JPG

Group
XL_Group.JPG

Had to go out of town for a couple day. Fed the girls before taking off. Came home and it looks like they grew 4 inches. I have to do something about my lights. I'm about topped out with their current configuration. I can't raise them any more. By shortening up the length of their hanging wire I should be a able to gain another 8 inches or so. Hope they stop their stretch soon.

Had to go out of town for a couple day. Fed the girls before taking off. Came home and it looks like they grew 4 inches. I have to do something about my lights. I'm about topped out with their current configuration. I can't raise them any more. By shortening up the length of their hanging wire I should be a able to gain another 8 inches or so. Hope they stop their stretch soon.

It's still early enough into flowering that you could super crop the taller branches and they should be fine. I would just do the branches that needs shortened and that should solve your issue farside.

Day 50/17 of Bloom

Removed the wire leaders that were used to hang the lights and replaced them with zip ties. That gained me about 8 more inches of vertical space. As far as the nutrient comparison, #2 & #3 that are more of the control plants are very similar in size. Can't say there is much of an advantage in either so far. I kind of like the Bloom formula since it comes out dead on 6.5 PH with my water without any other adjustments. #4 had a top get super cropped by accident. She must have been tangled up with something else. Hoping her one branch that got bent up real bad recovers, if not, oh well. I'll have more than enough bud out of this grow for the wife, especially since I already have a lot of bud on hand from previous grows. You can see in the group photo that the 27" tower fan is almost consumed by the plants. Pretty soon you won't even know its in there.

The Bloom Girls

PK_XL12.JPG

PK_XL32.JPG

The Grow Girls

PK_XL22.JPG

PK_XL42.JPG

Group Photo

PK_GROUP.JPG

Day 55/22 of Bloom

Whatever I gained back by changing the light hangers I've lost right back to growth. #1 is showing some early hairy blooms, the rest aren't quite there yet but should be coming in the next few days (considering #1 is about 5-7 days older than the other girls)

XL12.JPG

Tent full of girls
Group191.JPG

Looks good farside. Looks like your running out of room on the
Hight of your plants. Still might want to think about putting a little bend
on them taller branches dude. You still have a lot of grow time left and
by the looks of them girls your goin to still get some stretch on them.

:passitleft:

Day 58/25 of Bloom

Took the girls out for their regularly scheduled maintenance. I've seen reviews that claimed these we small plants that you had to veg for a long time if you wanted any size. Not true with these ladies. #1 is huge, #2 and #3 aren't far behind. #4, well she's a shitty sprawling thing, but in all fairness, I treat her like a red headed step child. She's pretty dry and droopy in this photo, but in general I keep her crammed in the back left corner with not a lot of space to deal with. Just hoping in the end I can pull an ounce and a half of bud to use for butter off of her. Still don't see a big difference between #2 and #3 which are being fed the two different formulas. #2 looks better in photos just because she's got a little more space in the tent. As far as switching to a bloom formula helping/initiating flowering faster, I don't see that as the case at all. Both #2 and #3 appear to be in the same state. #1 is ahead (being fed bloom formula also, but she's also a little older than the others, and I attribute that to her lead.

Bloom Formula Girls

XL13.JPG

XL31.JPG

Grow Formula Girls

XL21.JPG

XL41.JPG

The Group
Group192.JPG

Day 64/31 of Bloom

It's become apparent that I just don't have enough space in the tent for 4 of these girls. #3 and #4 are suffering for lack of space and #1 and #2 run the show. #4 looks so pathetic that I refuse to photograph her. Since she's crammed so tightly in the corner she has relied on walls to keep her upright and has developed no stem strength. She just flops all over if unsupported. #3 just never branched well due to crowding and shading from #1. #2 is a good looking girl. Her bud structure seems different from the others. #1 is my rock star. I bet I could have had her solo in the tent with a scrog setup and she would have filled the thing all on her own. Probably would have helped keep her height down to a more manageable level if I had done that too, Lessons learned I guess. I still have one more Painkiller XL seed but I just can't bring myself to only start one plant in the tent.

XL14.JPG

XL22.JPG

XL32.JPG

The Tent
Tent87.JPG

My guess is #1&#3 are in bloom? What happened to #4, thought she was going to be massive...

I would try taking some of them fan leaves off dude to let more light in on your plants.
Them are some very tall plants for topping them out and doing the LTS on them like you
did. Must be that strain is all I could guess. Might have worked better for you scroging this grow
like you said. You still should get some nice bud though to add to your collection, so look at it that
way. With your tent being packed like that I would think seriously about defoliage them some to get more light in to your secondary branches.

Good Luck My Friend!

My guess is #1&#3 are in bloom? What happened to #4, thought she was going to be massive...

#4 was always a scrawny girl well behind the others. I wondered if she was going to make it at all.

#1 and #3 are being fed the bloom formula. The grow formula seems to work fine but I'm becoming more partial to the bloom formula. The mixture of the 4 products seems to create a more PH stable end result.

:cheer:you will get very heavy buds.she is amazing.
Day 64/31 of Bloom

It's become apparent that I just don't have enough space in the tent for 4 of these girls. #3 and #4 are suffering for lack of space and #1 and #2 run the show. #4 looks so pathetic that I refuse to photograph her. Since she's crammed so tightly in the corner she has relied on walls to keep her upright and has developed no stem strength. She just flops all over if unsupported. #3 just never branched well due to crowding and shading from #1. #2 is a good looking girl. Her bud structure seems different from the others. #1 is my rock star. I bet I could have had her solo in the tent with a scrog setup and she would have filled the thing all on her own. Probably would have helped keep her height down to a more manageable level if I had done that too, Lessons learned I guess. I still have one more Painkiller XL seed but I just can't bring myself to only start one plant in the tent.

XL14.JPG

XL22.JPG

XL32.JPG

The Tent
Tent87.JPG

:cheer:you will get very heavy buds.she is amazing.

Thanks Sara. I think she (#1) has the potential to be a yielder. Frankly if I get 6oz total this grow I'll be OK with it, although I hope for more. I just want to have the wife try a 1:1 THC to CBD strain to see how it works for her. 6oz will give me enough to make 2 batches of butter (320 cookies) plus plenty for her to vape until we make our next grow decision. She's talking about getting off of the hydros, her prescription pain meds, which makes me happy. Frankly each day I start to believe more and more that they are the devil's medicine, and the doctors dole them out like Halloween candy. Not to say that I don't enjoy one recreationally from time to time with a few cocktails. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And then there were three... Decided to remove #4. She is so pathetic that I think the space she was taking up can be better utilized. I moved the tower fan from the back center to the back left where #4 used to be. Now #1 can sit in the back middle and she can sprawl between the back 2 lights. It also created a bit more room in the front of the tent that way so #2 & #3 can open up a bit more rather than be smashed together. Thinking I'll actually get more yield this way rather than count on #4 to produce anything. In the future I think I'll just grow three plants in the tent. It's a lot better fit and layout. It's just hard not to be greedy and try to grow four plants in there. Not that I need the extra bud. The wife can't consume all I can produce now.

Day 68/35

Happy Halloween

Defoliated some of the inner fans and gave the girls their drink. It's still a bit of a game of Tetris to put them all in the tent, but easier than it was before.

XL15.JPG

XL23.JPG

XL33.JPG

Group
Group193.JPG

There's a thread on Monsanto and gm cannabis.. This pic cracked me up.. Had to drop it on you, hope you don't mind :rofl:

20061222-killercannabis.jpg

Possible headline... Mutant strain from Australia makes its way to the USA, attacks Drug Enforcement Agent, news at 11:00.

Back
Top Bottom