Farside05's Super Secret Weed Feed Grow

Excited to see how this turns out. After three years of using Dyna Gro products as my fertilizer line, and having decent success, I'm doing a trail run on something different. I originally had a big long post of how I came to select this particular fertilizer and all the science behind it, but that would bore the hell out of all the non geeks. Instead I'll just label it Super Secret Weed Feed and run with that. Let's just say that it's very "unconventional" when it comes to cannabis growing, and I haven't been able to find where anyone has used it before. I'm gonna play Guinea Pig. It can go three ways: 1) I'll either get the best crop I've ever had, 2) it won't show any significant improvements over my past efforts, or 3) it will be a disaster. I'm hoping for the first but everyone likes to watch a train wreck (#3). Tune in to find out how it goes.

For this grow I'm growing:

Blueberry Kush Auto - Nirvana
Purple Kush Auto - Buddha
Sweet Ice Cool Auto x2 - Sweet Seeds

The other particulars:

32"x32" Grow tent
4 - Mars Hydro 300w LED lights (140w actual draw)
Reverse Osmosis purified water
Pro Mix BX as the growing medium in 5 gallon fabric pots
27" tower fan for blowing on the plants
6" carbon filter connected to a 400cfm fan for exhaust, vented to outdoors

The seeds made their way into Jiffy Pellets today. Off we go!

PS - If there is enough interest maybe I'll get into my fertilizer selection process, otherwise we'll just let it rest. My guess is that it will only be of interest if I knock the cover off this grow.

OK, a little bit of science...

To keep things fair when comparing with my past results, I'll be feeding at the same PPM of Nitrogen as all my previous grows. 30 PPM Week 1, 60 PPM Week 2, 90 PPM Week 3, and 120 PPM for Week 4 and beyond.

Blueberry Kush and one of the Ice Cool were poking their heads out of the Jiffy plugs before I left for work tonight. Hopefully I'll see the other two when I get home from work. The Blueberry Kush has a blue grey color to her even as a tiny sprout. Hope that continues. Colored plants are pretty.

4 for 4. Jiffy pellets have never let me down. Purple Kush needed a little help getting completely free from her shell. A tiny bit was keeping her cotyledon leafs stuck together. Tomorrow they'll get their big girl pots and their first sip of Super Secret Weed Feed at a rate of 30 ppm Nitrogen plus some Pro Tekt (silica) and Kelp (a new addition to my program). Also probably gonna change from my tower fan to two 6 inch clip on fans that I can mount to the tent poles. In a tiny 32"x32" tent I can use the extra floor space.

Happiness is spending your day off in your grow tent. OK, maybe not in it, its too small to fit my fat ass, but working on it. Got the seedlings relocated into their new homes. I bought some new fabric pots for this grow. I've reused the old ones multiple times and they were looking pretty ratty. The new and the old are supposed to both be 5 gallons. The new ones dwarf the old. I can even take a 5 gallon bucket and drop it inside the new ones with some wiggle room. I'd venture to say my old 5 gallon ones were more like 4, and the new ones are closer to 6 or 7. I replaced my tower fan with a pair of 6 inch models I can mount on the tent poles. Good thing too because with the new huge pots there wasn't going to be enough room for anything else to sit on the floor. They got watered in wit week 1's feed (1 tsp Super Secret Weed Feed = 30 PPM Nitrogen, 1 /4 tsp Pro Tekt, 1 tsp Kelp), pH'd to 6.0-6.2 (it depends on which of my meters you trust).

OOOH, I think I know what you are doing, but I won't tell. Can't wait to see how it goes. I will definitely sub.

OOOH, I think I know what you are doing, but I won't tell. Can't wait to see how it goes. I will definitely sub.

Welcome. If you want to venture a guess via PM I'll let you know if you are correct.

Nice set up so far!

Thanks Pennywise. It ain't big but it's awful pretty. That's what my grandpa used to say about his manhood too. :laugh: I wish I had more space but 32"x32" is as big as my guest room closet will hold. Doubt I'll ever win a POTM with such limited space unless I dedicate the whole tent to one plant, and frankly I'd rather have more yield then a title.

Good set up

Thanks Sara. Not the most exotic but it gets the job done. My old school Mars lights aren't the latest technology but they've been churning out buds for 2 1/2 years trouble free. If and when I decide to upgrade I'll be looking towards your company. I'm a satisfied customer.

Welcome magsteria, the more the merrier.

I haven't been as excited about a grow in a while. I find myself checking in on them every 4 hours or so. The last grow I didn't check on but every couple days.

Back
Top Bottom