Fast Buds Fun Time Wiv Ya GanjaGrandaddy: L.O.S. V Coco Shootout

It does ship directly from their site too but they have supplies in European storage. mine came next day from amazon so there must be some in a warehouse here. just a thought. It sells out in smaller amounts as soon as they produce it but the bigger bag is a huge saving over time too. worlds through drippers too and is used as injected feed for big projects too.
Thanks, will check for my next grow if they sell it in Holland.. I'm always up to try something new :D

They'll definitely keep you busy for awhile- I would have to adjust the tiedowns on those autos I'm growing twice a day sometimes- they actually grew an inch and a half a day for about a week,then they slowed down a little for the next two weeks or so.
You're going to be the auto/quad expert by the time you're done with these 12 !:thumb:
Only if it happens by a freak accident and goes well.lol
I feel like a Monty python sketch on most grows with a hint of Mr Bean thrown in for fun. just got to keep active with the training.
Cheers Cass.

Welcome aboard the fun grow coaster ride. Hands and feet in the cars at all times and the louder you scream the faster we go !!.

It seems like an eternity since my last harvest ( sept) and I have been cod blocked to get this up and running again with council repairs and cancelled jobs now giving me the chance to get it on again for a Christmas harvest. I had planned on a total rebuild but their cancellation has that on hold and a temporary room rebuild has had to be the order of the day. I have managed to build an insulated box loft but my plan to use the ex tent as another layer ( cut to measure) will wait till I can rebuild after the works have finally been done.
20191004_162343.jpg
20191030_170706.jpg

so enough pre waffle , how about the info.
STRAINS: 12 fast buds autos with 4 each of LSD-25 , Smoothie , Bluedreamatic and BlackBerry. I have a green crack seed that is doing nothing so far so it looks like 12 it is.
20191027_232731.jpg

MEDIUM: 3 of each strain in 20L fabric Coco pots with Ecothrive Charge and Shogun Coco , Silicon , sumo boost , PK warrior and finishing on Dragon Force .
20191030_174706.jpg

1 of each strain in 37L fabric pots with New Ecothrive Living Organic soil and amendments Charge , Biosys ( tea), Life cycle and Charge.
20191031_185226.jpg
20191030_174444.jpg

I have used a few worms in the pots too to aid with the breaking down of waste ect.. I am hoping to continue using the LOS in a bigger bed ( 200L) if successful and as amazing as I expect it to be. I am also composting my own mix to add to it as time passes and more worms to the roots once I have been hunting !. I have avoided soils forever and been a stalwart coco/hydro/nft user for decades but this stuff has me down the rabbit hole with the processes and benefits so here goes.

LIGHTS: 2xMars Hydro full spectrum TSL-2000's ( 300w draw each) and a new Mars Hydro full spectrum SP250 ( 230w draw). This will give me a flowering canopy of around 7ft x 4ft hopefully with great penetration for those solid , stone nugs.

FANS: 1 KVh 6inch exhaust for smells -timed exhausting.
4inch duct fan bringing fresh air from roof eaves.
1 Tower fan , 1x 15in room fan , 2 x 5in ram air clip on fans
Exhale C02 Bag
dessicant dehumidifier.

To date : I decided to start germination on Monday 28th Oct after staring at these great packages from a generous gift from them months ago. I have been dying to get an autos grow under my belt. I didnt soak the seeds at all but did soak and shake the root riot plugs before placing each seed in them about halfway down the seed hole. I have found these plugs to give me my best sucess rate when used like this. I ensured they were wet enough to penetrate the seed casings for the first night and allowed them to dry a little before I gave them a few ml each again the following night.
20191028_010154.jpg

I had the first shows above the plugs on the morning of day 3 and now at the end of day 5 after a little bit of helmet removal surgery to a few and all 12 have got their first true leaves forming and praying to the light.
20191101_163959.jpg
I am only using the sp250 at 24inches to get them moving before I pot them up in the morning to their final pots.
20191101_170931.jpg
Their roots are well out of the plugs now so i dont want to hold them back and damage any of them.
I have used a layer of coco on top of the pots to allow them to adjust before they get busy in the Los and coco nutes too.

TRAINING: I am hoping I can quadline them as they grow and am also considering minimal cuts and bending the 1st main instead of any toppings , any advice more than welcome here !!!. never done autos so help is appreciated guys ( and Gals , if offended to be considered as a friendly non gender specific term ! heehee).
I want to start by saying I know how scarily busy most of you are here but I would feel bad if I didnt at least invite you in for some of the ride with me. If I forget anyone please dont be offended ( or relieved !!!.lol ) Any advice , humour , comments ect.. ( but no dog shit on your shoes please!!!) are more than welcome , as are any new visitors , inquistitors or fashizzishtas. Pull up a chair and shoot the breeze.......
@ProfessorFlora @MrSauga @Emilya @Preston9mm @InTheShed @Peter Green @Virgin ground @Heavenly Hybrid @Pennywise @DonkeyDick @carcass @N420 @irie lion @Dutchman1990 , sorry if I missed anyone. No pressure folks , even a polite middle finger is welcome ( not detached @MrSauga !!!!). Have a green day all
peace and love
I'm in for the show fellow-granddaddy! This should be a blast.

Day 2 ( dont panic , wont be daily journal.lol ).
I have decided to use the 2 TSL-2000 to kick them off as they are a better spread with the big pots. I have to say , in the hour I was in the room after the switch , one or two straightened their tiny leaves out properly to full pray. I think with photos ,the up potting will allow for a single light to bring them on but as I am a total newbie with the autos and reading up on the potting them up stress , I had to go into the finals. The soil are big buggers for autos I reckon but will be interesting to see them reach the sides.
I have noted that they have grown around half an inch since I potted them last night which is a comfort . I have noticed tiny fungus gnats knocking around , more annoying than worrying so will deal with them.
Temp has risen to a comfortable 22.5°c. not checking Rh yet but the pots are nice and moist so not concerned either. Good to be back in the weed world again.
20191103_134908.jpg
20191103_141700.jpg
20191103_134857.jpg
20191103_134848.jpg
20191103_134844.jpg
20191103_134817.jpg
20191103_131854.jpg
I love them when they are that size. Fragile, little babies! Enjoy them. They won't stay small for long!

I'm in for the show fellow-granddaddy! This should be a blast.
Welcome aboard old fella , more the merrier for me. Enjoy your stay and have as much fun as you like. Some great folks about and always open to new eyes on these sneaky buggers. lol . Nanner spotters and any other issues greatly recieved.

I love them when they are that size. Fragile, little babies! Enjoy them. They won't stay small for long!
This is what I am finding now. lol. so used to steady Eddie photo periods . These autos are devils work.hahaha.

This is what I am finding now. lol. so used to steady Eddie photo periods . These autos are devils work.hahaha.
They grow crazy fast all of a sudden!

They grow crazy fast all of a sudden!
I have my running shoes on, thanks for the heads up too. The girls in the L.O.S have got the edge on the others so far it seems . Only had the first stake out and need moving again.lol Hoping to tie up to edges by weekend then all systems go hopefully.

I have my running shoes on, thanks for the heads up too. The girls in the L.O.S have got the edge on the others so far it seems . Only had the first stake out and need moving again.lol Hoping to tie up to edges by weekend then all systems go hopefully.
I have no experience with the stakes but am looking forward to the experience. My yields suffer I'm sure because I don't train my plants very much. This is my last auto grow at around 50 days.

Jungle.JPG

I have no experience with the stakes but am looking forward to the experience. My yields suffer I'm sure because I don't train my plants very much. This is my last auto grow at around 50 days.

Jungle.JPG
Big ladies. They look happy enough for not being trained tbh.nice job .
I am ok with photoperiods but new to an auto grow exp so it's all mew ground. I love training bit being autos I know they can be harder due to recovery times ect. I love quadlining my plants and am attempting it with the majority of them as I go. I see a lot of great quads using this method for autos and expect it should go fairly well . Asino is the master of this method for autos and has some amazing examples and a step by step for quadlining in his thread. ( in my signiture below as quad squad. 1st couple of pages are brilliant to learn how easy it is and damn productive too. Great for limited height and doesnt show them too much while training. Love 420 for the amount of new ideas and pioneering techniques that drive yields and quality.

Big ladies. They look happy enough for not being trained tbh.nice job .
I am ok with photoperiods but new to an auto grow exp so it's all mew ground. I love training bit being autos I know they can be harder due to recovery times ect. I love quadlining my plants and am attempting it with the majority of them as I go. I see a lot of great quads using this method for autos and expect it should go fairly well . Asino is the master of this method for autos and has some amazing examples and a step by step for quadlining in his thread. ( in my signiture below as quad squad. 1st couple of pages are brilliant to learn how easy it is and damn productive too. Great for limited height and doesnt show them too much while training. Love 420 for the amount of new ideas and pioneering techniques that drive yields and quality.
Thanks for the reference Granddad. I'll check out the thread.

How are your babies doing?

Thanks for the reference Granddad. I'll check out the thread.

How are your babies doing?
All going good now they have been opened up a little. still on the way to the burst of speed but certainly close. I have managed to stretch them more towards to edges today and finished the second sides 1st training session. Always look like crap when you first take the pic after too. The 1st trained have gone way past their staked position so needed re doing which gives them a decent foot print already. Lots of mains to begin positioning for the push. My hope is that they will hit their max height with a little for the lights to sit in without having to bend any mains over. my quadding is a rough version so far and I am attempting to get the best i can from the available limbs with sites waiting to go. The Mc has been brilliant so far but I needed to back off a little as they are just hitting some clawing from the N i think.
Heres some from today at day 31 since seed planted

The whole Fast Buds Gang. guess which just got trained?.
20191127_231233.jpg
20191127_231102.jpg
20191127_231049.jpg
20191127_231006.jpg
20191127_230959.jpg
20191127_230947.jpg

All going good now they have been opened up a little. still on the way to the burst of speed but certainly close. I have managed to stretch them more towards to edges today and finished the second sides 1st training session. Always look like crap when you first take the pic after too. The 1st trained have gone way past their staked position so needed re doing which gives them a decent foot print already. Lots of mains to begin positioning for the push. My hope is that they will hit their max height with a little for the lights to sit in without having to bend any mains over. my quadding is a rough version so far and I am attempting to get the best i can from the available limbs with sites waiting to go. The Mc has been brilliant so far but I needed to back off a little as they are just hitting some clawing from the N i think.
Heres some from today at day 31 since seed planted

The whole Fast Buds Gang. guess which just got trained?.
20191127_231233.jpg
20191127_231102.jpg
20191127_231049.jpg
20191127_231006.jpg
20191127_230959.jpg
20191127_230947.jpg
Batman!

All excited now. Fast Buds Photoperiod , Fast flowering tester seeds arrived today. 11 well known strains ( Not revealed to me besides basic info on pheno and flowering times expected. ) Plan is to germ a few of them in a couple of weeks as these autos near harvest. all that over spilling light to very good use if I can get them to about 3 weeks veg before they pot up to their final pots for training and a couple of weeks growing. Very excited to see how these fast flower harvest now. Average is 2 weeks earlier than their original strain. Could be a winner for sativa lovers ( like me) that hate long flowering periods by reducing them to 8-9 weeks. Will be working through them on the next run with some Serious sensible strains too. Run after that will be zamnesia strains with my X gelato seeds being given a run out too. Lots of plans afoot.!. No doubt the landlord will halt proceedings at some point to do the electrical wiring update and means a total shutdown with loft boards coming up for access to lighting in bedrooms hahahaha hate them idiots now so much but cant hold them off forever.lol
20191128_153504.jpg

Day 32: training is going ok so far and they are happy enough to be repositioned as I need to. I am not sure about this issue I have with the tips clawing not being my over zealous watering ?. I plan on leaving the Los girls to dry out a bit before any more watering as the appearance of some leaves look more like overwatering than N issues
20191128_201406.jpg
20191128_201420.jpg
Any advice welcome here. I hate soil for this very reason and avoided it for decades. lol
There is some tip claw on a couple of leaves in the coco girls too which initially led me to the N concerns. Overall they look ok at this point and now they are all recovering from the re-jig and staking well so far and I still have no signs of actual flowering stretch starting yet.
20191128_202305.jpg
20191128_202254.jpg
20191128_202243.jpg
20191128_202230.jpg
20191128_201736.jpg
20191128_201603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom