Fast Buds Fun Time Wiv Ya GanjaGrandaddy: L.O.S. V Coco Shootout

I have just been reading the specs and all though I don't quite know the science behind it the numbers look better compared to my SP250's I just got, I noticed your two tsl's are spaced apart, I'm wanting to put two of them in a 4*3 so I'd hope I could one day achieve that 25oz :).
They will be excellent in that space. I added the sp250 to cover the center 6 as I had to widen the coverage from 4ftx4ft to get all my plants in. No regrets here at all. I prefer the tsl for their coverage and intensity too but the sp250 has a better veg coverage In my exp of them. capable in flower but my set up already had the 2 tsl running last run. I do love these lights and the no heat ect...

I do this all the time too mate. so much choice out there and sometimes they just call out. good luck with your choice buddy.

They won't be dropped until mid March, but always good to plan ahead me thinks. :D

That's what I'm thinking but with them being 300w is there a dimmer setting on them or are they on the ballast where you need to undo it?

Yeah I love the no heat malarkey, my extractor is barely on and that's one of the many reasons switching to Led so I can continue to grow throughout the summer.

They won't be dropped until mid March, but always good to plan ahead me thinks. :D
I think the same as you but now have the next 4 runs to worry about !!!. lol

That's what I'm thinking but with them being 300w is there a dimmer setting on them or are they on the ballast where you need to undo it?

Yeah I love the no heat malarkey, my extractor is barely on and that's one of the many reasons switching to Led so I can continue to grow throughout the summer.
They are adjustable from above the drivers. easy accessible and well marked. I hated struggling every year with hps and I ran cool tubes straight through. so much easier now.

You do see some beautiful shots in it now. I am on a camera phone so limits a little but it does have a lot of very capable settings for pro , basic scene optimizes and all sorts. no idea how it actually works mind you but it was a selling point for samsung in this model. You have started something now @MrSauga . Any better
20200112_015935.jpg
Now you got it! That wasn't so difficult now was it? See how you pulled the colors out now? When you look at the first and the last you can see the improvement. So the only thing you can play with now is the exposure. Some points are a little bright, or blown out, so you adjust the exposure down one stop and see what happens. Right now it's a beautiful picture and you did a great job learning that quickly!

Wait, I can use lightroom/photoshop/etc to clean pics up?

Man oh man. I may have to get off my duff before long and break out a body and some glass. :D

Now you got it! That wasn't so difficult now was it? See how you pulled the colors out now? When you look at the first and the last you can see the improvement. So the only thing you can play with now is the exposure. Some points are a little bright, or blown out, so you adjust the exposure down one stop and see what happens. Right now it's a beautiful picture and you did a great job learning that quickly!
Thankfully there are a few filtered setting choices and so many tweaks to apply if I had a clue.lol Ironically , I was a black and white photographer and developer for years as a hobby so always been tucked away in roof spaces like Quasimodo to do the dark room work now the grows !. Would explain the hump on my back and my fear of Bells. Will have to tell Esmeralda ( Mrs GG) about my revelation. No wonder I didnt think "Anne Franks " was such a heroine and that diary !!!!
day 26 : woke up ,germans downstairs , stayed in
Day 27 : Woke up, Germans still around , stayed in.
What a rubbish blogger !

Man oh man. I may have to get off my duff before long and break out a body and some glass. :D

I have always interpreted the rules as “no photoshop “ means no editing photos in any way but that’s why I never win :laugh:

6. Editing Photos: Please do not add text, images, or special effects, otherwise your submission will be disqualified. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them. Color correction and cropping are acceptable parts of creating a digital photograph, however we do not allow obvious image enhancement or manipulation.

I have always interpreted the rules as “no photoshop “ means no editing photos in any way but that’s why I never win :laugh:

You can use the features built into the camera for the most part but can't add effects. All the tips I gave GG are there for all to use. Lightroom is a perfect example where you can adjust the camera settings for the picture without using a photo editor.

So here we are with the end in sight , some amazing colours being thrown out by these Fast buds beauties ans hopefully a great harvest of the other 2 strains in sight now. The Dragon Force is doing its job now and the extra boost is well under way alongside their swelling period too .
20200111_222448.jpg
20200111_222353.jpg
20200111_222329.jpg
20200111_222322.jpg
20200111_222227.jpg

The space is now more available for spreading out a little for lowers to see the light too. I didnt strip out too much once flowering began and now feel I could have without harming their progress.
I am now thinking "What next ?".
Knowing I have to keep going now and cant let the council stop me without a fight ( which takes them time too !) , I hit the seed box...
20200112_121620.jpg
20200112_121534.jpg
HOLY COW !!!! I knew I was hoarding but this is stupid now.!!!. I was already in a quandary on which of the Fast flowering FB to test but now am even more split. My decisions for the testers need to be based on 4 only for this run as I want to run a shootout of all the breeder strains too so it's a total of 10 this next run with the six other being one each of the Zamnesia seeds , C Banana and Monster Zkittelz.
Original Sensible seeds , GG#4 , Wedding cake , Black Ghost OG and White Critical. I love variety and for me it also avoids tolerance issues when I stick to a single strain.
The Testers have some basic info that came with them
Flowering times in days and basic info on testers:
FF 1 - 50 days Mostly Sativa 80-140cm
FF 2 - 55 days Mostly Sativa 90-150cm
FF 3 - 49 days Sativa / Indica 100-160 cm
FF 4 - 56 days Sativa / Indica 70-130 cm
FF 5 - 42 days Mostly Indica 90-140 cm
FF 6 - 50 days Mostly Sativa 90-140 cm
FF 7 - 45 days Mostly Indica 80-130 cm
FF 8 - 62 days Mostly Sativa 90-160
FF 9 - 49 days Mostly Indica 100-160 cm
FF 10 - 55 days Mostly Indica 100-160 cm
FF 11 - 49 days Indica / Sativa 70-150 cm

I had to decide which 4 to test so went with the smaller size in height to be able to compare their growth with better alongside the others and give me a chance to keep things even with the canopy
1,4,5,7 have been selected so here goes the germination time. I will run a new perpetual journal for these and my future grows as suggested by a couple of members and to keep it current. I am a good few weeks away from the end here though but want to use the 18hours light to help kick things off while there is spare gentle lumens to exploit. Thanks for sticking with me this far. your inputs have been brilliant and very much needed. big hugs to the Growmies.

You can use the features built into the camera for the most part but can't add effects. All the tips I gave GG are there for all to use. Lightroom is a perfect example where you can adjust the camera settings for the picture without using a photo editor.

Photoshop has a really good set of filters with it as well. I find lightroom excellent for large batches of images and managing a catalog. Photoshop's filters are also really good, and sometimes for a quickie I'll use that over lightroom.

I find a smaller box helps those with seed addictions! If the box is smaller there's less of a need to buy more... until you figure out there's boxes bigger than the one in use :cheesygrinsmiley:

Or that in an effort to turn a profit, the box company made more than one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That bud looks really good GG. Very nice run mate.
thanks lewy. Always a pleasure mate. They are impressing the hell out of me to be honest , now the flowering is well underway it feels more familiar ground too. I am seeing good results on the shogun too so that should finish them as fatties too. Am loving the look of the finished strain too and the Lsd-25 I took. I think they will be show stopping buds when dried and cured a little.

I find a smaller box helps those with seed addictions! If the box is smaller there's less of a need to buy more... until you figure out there's boxes bigger than the one in use :cheesygrinsmiley:
nothing better than a little neuro linguistic programming to cure the hoardings. I wont need seeds for a very long time at this rate and with the cloning possibilities too !!!!. I wish I knew the strains of the testers but I have 3 seeds of each of the 11 strains ,so if they are as good as I hope , I may find a keeper with a quicker turnover too. Love the possibilities and that's without the breeding seeds purposely "itch" that began with the Gelato41 drama. Watch out breeders, there could be a new kid on the block and I ain't fucking around !!. heehee That sounded so macho grrrr. lol.

Photoshop has a really good set of filters with it as well. I find lightroom excellent for large batches of images and managing a catalog. Photoshop's filters are also really good, and sometimes for a quickie I'll use that over lightroom.

Or that in an effort to turn a profit, the box company made more than one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I use my phone for all my stuff , laptop is crap at transferring then posting. Would be better for my typing though ( fat thumb twat!) . It keeps things in one place and easy to go to quickly when I grab a minute.I usually have to wipe snot or fingerprints off it before I can use it but with all these princesses but still easier than the laptop wrestle.

Day 72: All present and correct in the rooftop garden today.
The results of using the Dragon force are showing quite well now with lots if new sites mushrooming the tops on the smoothie#3
20200113_101032.jpg
20200113_100826.jpg
20200113_100826.jpg
20200113_111552.jpg

The Lsd-25 los lady is still pushing new pistils and swelling . she has started her fade now so I think its soon her time too
20200113_111957.jpg
20200113_111817.jpg

Bluedreamatic are gaining some nice sized colas too now and colouring up more with a beautiful pineapple scent around them.
20200113_100756.jpg
20200113_100744.jpg

Lsd-25 sister from another mr still packing on size too
20200113_112100.jpg
and her sister is coming out of the dark for a trim and dry hang session later
20200113_112925.jpg

The BlackBerry are slowly settling down into their drying now and I am hoping another week at least before they will be jar ready.They are frosty as hell now too so cannot wait to sample it .
All being fed daily on 40ml Dragon force and 20ml sumo boost to 10L water and loving it.
Peace and blessings

NFT and Los pots for the next runs medium. I want to try the MC in the quickest method of growing monsters. !!

Back
Top Bottom