Fast & Vast Auto Grow Round 2

Smoke3js

Greetings and salutations fellow cannabis enthusiasts. I'm pretty new here but not entirely new to growing. I still consider myself a rookie trying to learn. This is my first grow journal here on the site, but not my first grow, it's my 4th planting. My first grow was successful. I grew 14 plants, 5 different strains (Lesson #1 focus on fewer strains and better quality with one strain). I ended up pulling 6 oz of dry bud and 1.5 oz of sugar leaves out of that first harvest, which made me very happy. I grow in one of these:
https://-----------.com/product/grow-boxes/superstar-led-stealth-grow-boxes/

It's a combination of DWC and top-feed hydro. Its proven to work as advertised. Not bad pulling 6 oz out of it on my very first attempt. After that I grew 4 of these Fast & Vast autos. They finish in less than 60 days! And the smoke is very nice. 4 plants yielded me 6 oz dry, in less than half the time of the plants I grew on my first grow, which weren't autos. My 3rd grow is actually about 4 weeks in. I threw 2 Skunk 47 and 2 Trans Siberian autos into the mix and they're doing just fine. I decided to grow a quick stash by finding the fastest maturing autos I could find so away we go! This grow will be 8 Fast & Vast Auto plants. For more on this strain look here.

Environment: Seedlings are just sprouted. I've got them in rock wool cubes which are sitting in 2" net pots and sitting in the cloning chamber of my grow cabinet under a couple of T5's on 24/0. Right now they've got plain old tap water. PH is 5.7, Temp 78F, RH 28%, TDS=175 (that's how it comes out of the tap here)

01-31-2015_FV2_Day01.JPG

Now the plan is to let them develop a decent amount of roots. Once the roots start popping out of the sides and bottom of the 2" net cups I'll transplant them into 3" net cups and move them down into the main chamber where they'll grow under a 300w LED.

Welcome aboard to anyone who wants to follow.

Cheers,
Smoke3js

OK back for week 2 with our Fast & Vast grow. This week was transplant week. This will be the only transplant these little babies will undergo. In another 50(ish) days they'll be ready!

A last look at them in the upper chamber of my grow box.
IMG_146917.jpg
01-31-2015_FV2_Day01.JPG

These guys will be going downstairs under a 300watt LED and a couple of T5's. Getting the bottom level ready:
IMG_152318.jpg

IMG_152721.jpg

Now getting my little babies ready:
IMG_153019.jpg

IMG_152616.jpg

So, the seedlings are now in the 3" net cups. They'll be fed during the first week from below only. Once they show me a new set of leaves in their new environment, I'll start sending them a little love from above x 4 daily.

Just FYI, the other plants already growing in there are also Auto Flowering and are about 4 weeks old.

Greetings and Salutations Friends

Here we go with week #3 of the Fast & Vast Autos - they're right on schedule, just in the last few days my crop leader now has her 3rd set of leaves.
week03_08.jpg

All 8 F&V babies look healthy, green, growing at a fairly even clip:
week03_06.jpg

And their next door neighbors, 2 AK47 Skunk Auto and 2 Trans Siberian Auto
week03_05.jpg

week03_01.JPG
week03_02.jpg

Starting to get a little odor from these, which is expected with both breeds.

I've got about 50 to 55 days left with these and then the F&V are ready in about 59 to 65 days

OK, back to the actual plants I'm supposed to be writing about. This week I noticed an uptick in the amount of water they're soaking up. I had to add water to the reservoir for the first time with this grow. Here are a few shots of how they're looking as of last night:

First a close-up of the crop leader:
FV2WK4_01.jpg

And a couple of quick shots of everyone:
FV2WK4_02.jpg

FV2WK4_03.jpg

Based on my previous experience with this strain, these little ones seem to be doing great. :thumb:

I'll be along for this one. I'm about a week and a half ahead of you on my first grow (mine broke the surface Jan 22) and she is throwing pistils everywhere and starting to bud up a bit. I'm growing mine in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with GH nutes at 75 to 100% and under 200W of mixed spectrum CFL. This plant will take whatever you throw at it in stride!

Howdy landlocked and welcome to the forum and my journal. You are absolutely right about the vigor of this strain. It grows like a weed. **rimshot**

:;):

Looking good, looks like your link was censored out. I'm curious who makes that. I got my card today. Thank you for your help ;) Good luck with your pain.

I'm watching to see what ya do!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom