Father & Sons Perpetual Hydro Grow In Aqua Farms

Hello paul, yes we are using 2 400's but late in flower we can put the ballasts on to super setting which makes them 440W.

If you use a air cooled hood then you can get the light much closer to the plants which would mean good penetration.

I top mine once when the plant reaches about 5-6 nodes and also do heavy LSTing at the same time, you can always tie and re tie to shape the plant just how you want it within reason.

The is so much elements that can effect the size and height of a plant as i'm sure you know but as a example i have pulled nearly 10 ounces from one plant grown under a 400.

If you look at my last journal with the AKxNL those plants got tall!! more then I expected, there were a small amount whispy bits at the bottom but not much to worry about.

Basically my advice would be stick to indicas or mostly indicas, top them once do some heavy LSTing, a reasonable veg time and a 400w can give you monsters, especially if you use hyrdro.

Yay! I send some pictures to our national growing/info news paper, Soft Secrets. (UK but Published in Netherlands) and we got one printed :)
IMAG07595.jpg
IMAG07614.jpg
IMAG07626.jpg

The News paper is also free to read on their site.
The original cannabis newspaper for growers and smokers, since 1985.

thanks for the info,
great news on getting in the paper, well done,

i just made some hash using one of the methods you can use, i did not use bubble bags i used the gravity type system where you fill a big jug with freezing water, add trim and whisk away, then work it a couple more times to remove all trichs, then all the trim floats to the top and all the trichs sink to the bottom, i only did a small jars worth of trim and got a decent amount, i just put pics up on the last page of my journal,

i thought i would need lots of trim so since i started growing i kept all the best sugar leaf and stems from trimmed buds, so i got 3 big shoe boxes full of trim, then i got a few big jars full of trim, i thought id run a test first to see how the process works and just used 1 jar and i got a decent amount, so ill use this method for the rest of the trim as it saves me buying bubble bags, i know i dont have the different grades of hash but i think if you have severa different grades then you will be super happy with 1 grade and less impressed with the other grades, but using the method i used its all mixed in so it should all be pretty decent, just got to wait for it to dry now, not sure in dry weight yet but didnt do to bad for my first go round,

thanks for the info on the light/plant size, i will cut my numbers down over the next couple of grows and do a longer veg, im pretty sure i can hit the same yield or even increase yield by having 1 or 2 big plants, so i think ill be going down that road in the near future

Cannabis Connoisseur, Yeah a spot of luck getting in the paper, next time the missus is going to take some time taking some sexy pictures, I think with a bit of titty action :) some sexy lingerie, high heels etc... she could stand a good chance in getting photo of the month which will win us 9 top quality fem seeds! fingers crossed!

I have made some hash before and want to try different techniques, my Dad loves his cakes so a lot of trim gets used for that but we still have lots left and our next crop is due soon! so will have enough to experiment with making small amounts of hash, our trim is very good quality as lots of half decent pop corn buds get slung in and our plants seem to have lots of trichomes all the way down the leaves.

Yeah I think I will always prefer to do smaller amounts of bigger plants.

you and the mrs have got every chance of winning, i got to admit you have got yourself a very nice lady, looks like she got some nice art work as well, so with buds like that and a mrs like that im pretty sure you will win that prize,

your one lucky bloke,

thanks for the reps my friend,

sent you some reps as well for getting in the paper.
sounds like you both deserve each other, you cant ask for more than that my friend.

well done

Thanks to anyone that might still be watching this, I was meant to do a update of the Mazars a long while ago in fact it's been so long I now have some White Widows nearly a week in to flower, will upload pics of them later when the lights come on.

Here are some pictures of the Mazar, the yield was a bit disappointing as we had very high temps and humidity and during this time we had to go without our intake fan not a good combo and as you can probably see from the pictures the plant on the left was strange it never truly filled out at all, was just covered in small buds. We only got about 13 ounces.

White widows are looking very good I will definitely upload some pictures of them later.

IMAG004919.jpg
IMAG004720.jpg
IMAG004616.jpg
IMAG004319.jpg
IMAG004421.jpg
IMAG004519.jpg
IMAG004223.jpg
IMAG004120.jpg
IMAG004024.jpg
IMAG003921.jpg

As promised pics of the White Widows, we are expecting a big yield this time as they look nice and the weather will be cooler we also have our intake fan back so we can put our lights on super lumen and squeeze 40w more of each bulb, so 880w in total isn't bad for such a small area and the plants must love where the light crosses over each other in the middle!

This time round we have dropped Canna boost as we didn't think it preformed well for £60 a litre! so we are using Advanced Nutrients, big bud and over drive which comes to about £45 in total and you get more and use less, fingers crossed it will work well.

These plants are just under a week after the switch to 12/12

20130912_204446.jpg
20130912_204412.jpg
20130912_204403.jpg
20130912_204425.jpg
20130912_204356.jpg
20130912_204342.jpg

Hello all I haven't updated this journal for ages so here goes, the White widows have looked good through out the grow no problems at all all thou they did stretch a lot! so much so we had to super crop quite a few of the taller parts of the plant, we did this nearly 3 weeks in to flower I think it went quite smoothly I just crushed the stem where I wanted to make the bend and gently moved it from side to side until it bent over. They healed up in just a few days, after they healed we tied down the top of each super cropped stem so that they stayed more or less at a right angle. even after doing this the plants are still about as close as I'd like from the lights which are as high as they can go but I think we just about got away with it.

These plants are huge with lots of mass! judging on how they look now if they bud up nicely we could be looking at the biggest yield yet in this system, we got about 18 ish ounces from the NL X AK's and these look better and the canopy is more even this time. It's getting cooler here now aswell so will have nice temps and humidity.

Here are some pictures they are 4 weeks since the switch, I couldn't take a good picture of the top of the canopy because it goes above the door! the last picture is a example of a super cropped stem that has healed it looks like a knuckle.
20131006_175542.jpg
20131006_175626.jpg
20131006_175618.jpg
20131006_175559.jpg
20131006_175652.jpg
20131006_175724.jpg
20131006_180155.jpg

Hello everyone, our new strain has officially started, it's White Russian and the seeds got droped in water today (19:00 09/10/13) I have dropped the seeds in spring water with a E.C of 0.4 and for the rock-wool cubes I have made 8 liters of spring water with full strength rhizotonic and put vita link plant start feed in until the E.C hit 1.0 and pH'd it to 5.5 I will soak the cubes for about 12 hours and use the solution as feed until they are ready to go in the aqua farms.

start6.jpg

Seeds cracked today pretty much 24 hours after I put them in water, I like to keep a close eye on them so I can catch them when the seed has just cracked with no protruding tap root, this way I can get them the right way up in the rock wool without damaging the tap root.

Back
Top Bottom