Father Who Gave 2-Year-Old Daughter Cannabis Oil Visits Her In Hospital

Jacob Redmond

A father in Australia, who allegedly gave his two-year-old daughter cannabis oil, has visited her in hospital after his bail conditions were changed.

The man was arrested at Brisbane Hospital on 2 January and initially banned from seeing his daughter.

However on Friday (16 January) changes were made to the bail, allowing him to see his daughter with a medical practitioner present.

"I'm happy to see my girl, very appreciative of this support," he told media after visiting his daughter.

He allegedly gave the toddler medical grade cannabis oil for her cancer after she was diagnosed with stage four of the rare, aggressive Neuroblastoma on Christmas Eve.

She was said to only have a 50 per cent chance of survival. The toddler was reported to have an 11cm cancerous growth that was wrapped around her spine and put pressure on her internal organs.

The family moved from Cairns to Brisbane for the treatment. The toddler was undergoing a 12-month course of chemotherapy and her father reportedly administered medical grade cannabis to supplement her therapy.

On a donation page the father wrote, "What we saw when [the girl] was given the medical cannabis oil what nothing short of miraculous."

"She would be able to eat like a champion and began to gain weight, her energy was up and wanted to go outside with me instead of lay on her back with legs curled up."

Medical cannabis oil is banned in Australia and the father is facing charges of possessing dangerous drugs and supplying drugs to a minor.

Since the story came to light, he has gained thousands of followers from across the world, while an online petition calling for Australian Premier Campbell Newman to intervene has already has gained over 140,000 supporters.

The case has now been adjourned until 23 February.

Elderly-Oil1.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Father who gave 2-year-old daughter cannabis oil visits her in hospital - Australasia - World - The Independent
Author: Neela Debnath
Photo Credit: UK Cannabis Social Club
Website: The Independent | News | UK and Worldwide News | Newspaper

Back
Top Bottom