Feature Request

If you wouldn't mind, could you pass this one on to the forum software developer?

The forum search routine can be set to search everything, a specific (sub)forum, even a specific thread. However, there appears to be no option to search only within our set of subscribed threads. Unless I missed it, that is - but I tried going to my list of subscribed threads and hitting the search icon, like I would go to (for example) the Completed Journals section and use that method to select only results from that set of threads.

Currently, I have 3,236 threads on my "Subscribed" list. That's probably a good many more than the average member has, granted. But even with substantially fewer, it could still be of use, IMHO. Oft times, a search will return lots more results than the one(s) that the searcher is trying to find, and this would help narrow the list of results in the same way that the ability to search only specific sections of the forum would. Admittedly, digging through search results is generally only a minor annoyance when the user is sitting at a desktop or laptop computer - but when the person's computer is their cell phone, lol, the process becomes somewhat more than a minor annoyance.

Thank you.

Yesterday I pared down my 'Watched Threads' to three pages from over 50. That has helped. I can still see most of those threads by going to 'Threads with your posts.' Thread management can be a huge problem.

I second @TorturedSoul's request for search functions that target groups of threads. There's a lot of information there I spend a lot of time searching for when it's relevant to a question asked by a member. I hate having to say 'I read in a post here that...' whenever I can't find the reference.

Back
Top Bottom