Federal Raids Against Medical Marijuana To End If Democrat Elected

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Federal raids of medical marijuana users will end under a Dennis Kucinich administration, implied the Democratic Presidential candidate in last night's LGBT Presidential forum. Competing candidate Mike Gravel went further by saying marijuana should be sold alongside alcohol in liquor stores and that all hard drugs should be decriminalized.

The answer was prompted by a question from cancer sufferer Melissa Etheridge -- who noted that federal raids still take place in the 11 states have legalized medical marijuana -- as medical marijuana can be used to ease pain by many people in the LGBT community who have "AIDS and HIV, and then many people in general with cancer."

Every Democratic candidate has taken a similar position, with Barack Obama being the only one who has yet to explicitly state he will end federal raids in states where medical marijuana is legal, according to Granite Staters. Obama did, however, vote against an amendment offered to undermine state medical marijuana laws.

Tommy Thompson and Ron Paul are the only Republican candidates who agree with this stance -- the majority saying they will not stop the federal raids, as other pain management options need to be researched and explored.

Update: Republican Tom Tancredo has taken a position similar to Barack Obama's, according to Granite Staters. He has voted against legislation that would undermine state medical marijuana programs, but has yet to state explicitly that he would end federal raids.

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: Wired Science
Author: Steven Edwards
Copyright: 2007 CondéNet, Inc.

I'm with DaMagoMan. Ron Paul's stance on the feds & medMJ is just one of his important positions. Check out what he says about going to un-declared by Congress war, the war on drugs, taxes, the privately owned "Federal" Reserve, getting rid of the IRS, reducing the size & scope of Government & other important issues at

Ron Paul 2008 — Hope for America

Also YouTube has videos that have good info. Some don't like Ron, but each of us needs to check him out before we decide. I think there is a link from Ron's site to YouTube.

He may not be perfect in every area, depending on individual points of view, but to me Ron Paul is the best candidate to come along in my life time. Especially if we want the feds off the back of State's rights. I think he is a better candidate than even JFK. But only because gov has gotten worse since JFK was Prez. & other issues are on the table that JFK did not have to face, like medical cannabis & State's rights.

Ron has the voting record to back him up on his stands. He has not done the flip flopping so popular among other candidates, like John McLaim or Hillery.

mM

wonder what would happen if bill gates was a pot proponent and spent some of his $$$$ suing the feds to update DEA schedules at least once every 10 or 20 years to comply with the Constitution's own language in article 1 paragraph 32 " to promote the progess of science and useful arts " patents and copyrights and right to use their discoveries .

admittedly DEA has a clear vested interest and a conflict of interest due to the access to forfeiture laws Money and property if a business 's testimony in court can be shut because of conflict of interest or purposeful exclusion of fact contrary to their agenda [ that big tobacco lawsuit recently does that set precedent to make congress rehear / revive commitee hearings regarding drug law based on on myths and not fact]

DEA is also working to push FDA propaganda such as "marijuana has no medical use". They lie.

I think Mike Gravel is right on but it may be a bigger step than the country is ready to take because of the "Reefer Madness" bilge that is still being pushed today.

I'd like to see Ron Paul & Mike Gravel as running mates in an independent party if they can't get nominated. You know the big timber, synthetic clothing, plastic ect. interests will oppose hemp. The big Rx paharma companies & probably the drug cartels will fight against cannabis. They will spend a lot of $$ to protect their profits as they know hemp & MJ will eat them out of house & home if the US gov gets a prez like Paul or Gravel & hemp & cannabis are RE legalized.

Yers for the overgrow!!

mM

Back
Top Bottom