Feds Close Down Marijuana Candy Maker

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
After a two-year investigation, federal agents busted an Oakland-based marijuana candy maker this week, seizing hundreds of marijuana-laced products and nearly 460 marijuana plants.

Drug Enforcement Administration agents, with assistance from the Food and Drug Administration and Oakland and Concord police departments, served multiple federal search and arrest warrants Wednesday relating to an investigation into Tainted Inc. -- manufacturer of marijuana-laced candies -- and its owner, Michael Martin, 33, of El Sobrante.

Martin is a fugitive, authorities said.

Three others were arrested in connection with the raids: Jessica Sanders, 30, of San Leandro, and Michael Anderson, 42, and Diallo McLinn, 35, both of Oakland. It is believed Sanders was the manager at Tainted Inc., and the other two have been identified as couriers. Each is charged with conspiracy to manufacture or distribute controlled substances. The maximum penalty for the violation is 20 years' imprisonment and a $1 million fine.

The searches of five locations turned up marijuana plants, an undisclosed amount of money and hundreds of marijuana-laced products, including chocolate candy bars in multiple flavors, cookies, ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, barbecue sauce, chocolate syrup, flavored energy drinks, granola bars, moon pies, brownies, chocolate-covered pretzels and "Rice Krispy" treats.

The investigation into Tainted Inc. began nearly two years ago when the DEA's Oakland office received information on Martin and his company. According to the criminal complaint, Tainted Inc. began in Oakland as a small operation, initially cooking marijuana leaves in butter and making chocolate truffles. Tainted Inc. expanded into making marijuana-laced candies and supplied cannabis clubs in the Bay Area; Seattle; Vancouver, British Columbia; and Amsterdam, Netherlands, as well as being connected to multiple cannabis clubs operating in the Los Angeles area, authorities say.

Product order forms seized from a cannabis club in Southern California show Tainted Inc.'s products were offered for $2.50 to $20 per item, depending on the type and strength of marijuana product ordered. An affidavit details how investigators believe that Tainted Inc. ordered almost 4 tons of chocolate in the past two years that was used in making the marijuana-infused candy.

The investigation led to Wednesday's raids of Tainted Inc.'s factory and marijuana-growing facility -- both in North Oakland -- Martin's residence and the residence of several other Tainted Inc. employees.

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in Oakland, CA displayed samples of marijuana-laced candy seized during an investigation of Tainted Incorporated. Tainted Incorporated is a manufacturer of marijuana-laced candies. Photo taken on Thursday, September 27, 2007. (Karna Kurata/The Oakland Tribune)

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: San Jose Mercury News
Author: Chris Metinko
Copyright: 2007 San Jose Mercury News

Is this not happening on a daily basis? I dont understand how california ISN'T in kaos over this matter, the fed. government is directly violating our rights, daily. I feel so small and helpless in this war, I sit here literally screaming at the computer screen, "WHAT CAN I DO!?" I hate our fucked up, shady ass govt. but What can I do? This is a DEA dictatorship, IMO! People vote on a matter (legalizing med mj) and the gov. is basically telling us all to FUCK OFF and that they don't give a shit what we want. To the DEA its just a war, a game they feel they MUST win at all costs. If they only knew what its costing us all....

Was the talk of the town today. This company had quite an operation and they've been around forever. They will be missed.

This is California...as soon as one goes down, another pops up.

Gitten them pot smokers is the DEA's mandate...till the Republicans are out of office.:peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

Was the talk of the town today. This company had quite an operation. This is California...as soon as one goes down, another pops up.

Gitten them pot smokers is the DEA's mandate...till the Republicans are out of office.:peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

In all fairness, the Democrats have a bad record as a whole with maybe a few good individuals. It seems there is no party that will support us.

What the fuck was I thinking, must be the drugs...you are correct...the Dems are just a big brick in the wall. :peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

On September 26th, the DEA attacked Tainted, Inc., an Oakland edible manufacturing company, by raiding several of its facilities, arresting 3 employees, and shooting an employee’s dog. Thousands of California patients rely on ingesting medical cannabis through edibles. These raids have severely limited their safe access.

These raids must end! Join us on Thursday to show solidarity for all medical cannabis providers and for the four victims who have been charged in connection to the Oakland raids.
What: Press Conference Speaking Out Against Raids in Oakland
When: Thursday, October 4th at 9:00am
Where: Oakland Federal Building at 1301 Clay St.
What to Wear: Business Professional Attire

For more information, contact Sonnet@AmericansforSafeAccess.org.

Back
Top Bottom