Feeding and nutrients

Austinpalm36

Does anyone use fox farm nutes? Wondering if the feeding schedule I seen online is an accurate measurement. 6 teaspoons of big bloom on week one seems a bit much. I know your supposed to use 1/4 to 1/2 the amount. My plants just sprouted so I haven’t fed yet. But I’m really confused and the more I research the more confusing it gets. I tried to research what exactly the first week of the veg state is because technically doesn’t the first “week of veg” start when if sprouts. If so the chart tells me to add 6 teaspoons of the one nute. But on YouTube the only video I could find of any plant in the first week of veg (the guy said first week) but the plant had like 4 sets of leaves. Can someone please tell me when to start feeding my plant and if the chart is reliable. What should my runout ppm be or the ppm of my feeding water be for my first feeding.

An example. The chart says 6 teaspoons of only big bloom for week one. But on YouTube the guy used big bloom and grow big. Also cal mag but that isn’t fox farm so not on the chart.

Does anyone use fox farm nutes? Wondering if the feeding schedule I seen online is an accurate measurement. 6 teaspoons of big bloom on week one seems a bit much. I know your supposed to use 1/4 to 1/2 the amount. My plants just sprouted so I haven’t fed yet. But I’m really confused and the more I research the more confusing it gets. I tried to research what exactly the first week of the veg state is because technically doesn’t the first “week of veg” start when if sprouts. If so the chart tells me to add 6 teaspoons of the one nute. But on YouTube the only video I could find of any plant in the first week of veg (the guy said first week) but the plant had like 4 sets of leaves. Can someone please tell me when to start feeding my plant and if the chart is reliable. What should my runout ppm be or the ppm of my feeding water be for my first feeding.
Hiya Austinpalm, technically the plant is a seedling for the first 2 weeks or so, then it has entered veg stage.
For the first couple of waterings it's best to give just plain ph'd 6.4 water.
Then after two weeks or when the plant tells you, you correctly give 1/4 strength nutrients.

So at two weeks should I transplant and feed or transplant and wait a couple days. I think around that time is when you transplant right?

Hi there. I use Fox farm nutes and their soil. I never feed the plants that young. I normally don't start feeds until about a week after I transplant. It says 6 per gallon at week 1 but first feed go in at 25%. What kind of medium are you growing in?

Hi there. I use Fox farm nutes and their soil. I never feed the plants that young. I normally don't start feeds until about a week after I transplant. It says 6 per gallon at week 1 but first feed go in at 25%. What kind of medium are you growing in?
I am growing in soil. The fox farm ocean soil stuff was not available on prime so I got a local soil

I wouldn't feed them anything then. Specially while they are young. They don't need much of anything at this point. When you do start feeds though, start at 25% and see how they respond in a few days. If they do just fine, then you can move to 50% next feed. I feed once a week and water once a week but this is when they are at least 4 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom