Feeding daily with coco

BAKIND

I have read from quite a few of you, that you feed in coco everyday. How is this possible without causing over watering issues, or possibly even build up of salts? I have read in some threads that toxicity is not an issue with coco, however, I am not so sure. For those who feed everyday, can you provide more specifics? Should i be watering till run off? Should i follow the instructions for my nutrients week to week? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I water 4 times per light cycle, 12/12, with a 27 gallon tote, only 15 gallons at a time with 300 to 400 ppm Canna nutes A&B. I get runoff with each drip cycle, and my 1st and last run times are increased to get at least a 30% plus runoff, last cycle has the most time to help clean any of the day's salt buildup. My run times with my drip system are 75, 50, 50, and 90 seconds.

Edit:
I am running straight Canna Coco.

I have read from quite a few of you, that you feed in coco everyday. How is this possible without causing over watering issues

The same way that it's possible to grow a plant that's sitting in a large DWC reservoir full of nutrient solution without causing "over watering issues," lol - coco coir is NOT soil. See: drain-to-waste hydroponics.

I Grow right now the 4th Time in Coco and it's impossible to overwatering! Water 1-2 Times a Day with litte run off, check the run off! If you starting your Plant eat EC what you are feeding when you put 0.8ec in and the run off is under 0.8ec than you now the Plant eat. When she eats more you increase the EC a litte. It's sounds difficult but it's easy. I always feed every day.

Yes, plants in coco must be fed every day - always with runoff. More feedings are better, for the very same reasons that worry you about over watering. Coco must never get dry. When coco gets dry you get the salt buildups you worried about. Continuously doing this will kill the plants, or make them very sick.
I feed my plants every 3 hrs during the light cycle. That's 6 times a day for my 18 hrs of light. Contrary to many other growers, my feeding mixes are a bit stronger - usually about 75% of the manufacturer's recommendations.
I don't know if you got the over watering question answered in the video, but coco holds a minimum of about 30% air regardless of how many times you water it.
Also, a top tip is to not use perlite or similar with coco.

Yes, plants in coco must be fed every day - always with runoff. More feedings are better, for the very same reasons that worry you about over watering. Coco must never get dry. When coco gets dry you get the salt buildups you worried about. Continuously doing this will kill the plants, or make them very sick.
I feed my plants every 3 hrs during the light cycle. That's 6 times a day for my 18 hrs of light. Contrary to many other growers, my feeding mixes are a bit stronger - usually about 75% of the manufacturer's recommendations.
I don't know if you got the over watering question answered in the video, but coco holds a minimum of about 30% air regardless of how many times you water it.
Also, a top tip is to not use perlite or similar with coco.

I am just starting to learn about growing and in coco.

Yes, I got the gist of the video, and it’s starting to make sense to me. I will cut back my ppm and feed 2-3 times a day and i’ll See how it goes. I will produce some pictures soon.

Hi, thank you for the amazing information. I am using 50% coco coir+ 50% petmoss with plenty perlite for autos, just watering every 3-4 days, should I increase the frequency?

Hi, thank you for the amazing information. I am using 50% coco coir+ 50% petmoss with plenty perlite for autos, just watering every 3-4 days, should I increase the frequency?

You'll end up with a disaster if you keep watering at that frequency. According to most in this forum, coco should be watered at least once a day.

peatmoss stays soaked longer It holds several times its weight in moisture, and releases the moisture to the plants roots as needed. It also holds onto nutrients so that they aren't rinsed out of the soil when you water the plant. Peat moss alone does not make a good potting medium

Because coco coir has about 22% oxygen available to plants when fully saturated. You only need to be sure your coco has good drainage.

The reason you do not get salt build-up is because you do not let the coco dry out. If you let it dry out, you will get salt build-up. The nutrients remain liquid in the moist soil and are thus easily forced out when you water with more nutrients until you get some runoff.

Back
Top Bottom