Feeding, How to cycle

jlt1202

Ok iv been doing some research on diffrent watering techniques, and most are focused on when to water and fed and what i have come down to is this.

When the plant is 'light' meaning that little to non water is in the soil and is easy to lift, it is ready to feed.

you mix your solution and feed each plant untill they leak from the bottom, (i leave extra runn off in the bottom of the tray for bottom feeding).

this is where i get edjy,;

What im geting is that after 24 hrs you want to then flush with regular water untill it is clean/flushed of the nutes to the best of abilty.

and that is your water when you flush.

now idk if i can leave my nutes in longer or should nute less. i know that i need to use less then 'recommended dose' is and cut back use 2-3 weeks at end of flower but i wanted to know if my plants dont show any stress from over nuteing can i feed and flush every time if im waiting till it is completely dry each time?

Ok iv been doing some research on diffrent watering techniques, and most are focused on when to water and fed and what i have come down to is this.

When the plant is 'light' meaning that little to non water is in the soil and is easy to lift, it is ready to feed.

you mix your solution and feed each plant untill they leak from the bottom, (i leave extra runn off in the bottom of the tray for bottom feeding).

this is where i get edjy,;

What im geting is that after 24 hrs you want to then flush with regular water untill it is clean/flushed of the nutes to the best of abilty.

and that is your water when you flush.

now idk if i can leave my nutes in longer or should nute less. i know that i need to use less then 'recommended dose' is and cut back use 2-3 weeks at end of flower but i wanted to know if my plants dont show any stress from over nuteing can i feed and flush every time if im waiting till it is completely dry each time?

I think I know what you're asking;" is this the correct way to view feeding and watering schedules?" ? If that's your question, then here is AN answer, from this question you're getting into techniques, and they are as the sands by the sea....LOL. Hydroponics would be fed with each cycle, flooding, whatever, depending on the style or type of hydro you're running. Soiless soil may or may not have nutrients in it, and is "loaded" sometimes with nutrients and living organisms. Soil has nutrients in it that become available to the plant as they are broken down by living organisms in the soil. I'm going to stick with the soil and soiless mediums since you mentioned the weight of a pot, which would exclude std. hydro. You would never want to flush nutrients from soil or soiless mediums unless you suspected a buildup of salts, more common in soiless mediums, or you had indications of nitrgen burn or another symptom of an excess of one or more elements. As for nutrient applications, they can be done in any combination, as long as the plant is not over fed, so to speak. You could feed more often if you added less nutrients. You want the plant to dry out between waterings, not DRY DRY, that's a term we use to say; "when the plant needs water , but is not wilting". It's good to water til a little comes out of the drains, but more than that and you're washing nutrients down the drain, that you're going to have to replace sooner or later. Rambling answer, multi pronged, difficult question...LOL...Hope it helps:peace:

ok so stick to soil for this convo lol because thats how im running this,

what is the diffrence from when i feed and when i water if i dont have a overload of nutes, ovcourse if i did i would flush and just water clean to get back to normal.

ok so stick to soil for this convo lol because thats how im running this,

what is the diffrence from when i feed and when i water if i dont have a overload of nutes, ovcourse if i did i would flush and just water clean to get back to normal.

All nutrients are specific to themselves, and following the mfgrs. instructions is a starting point. I use all organic nutes and soil, my nutes take anywhere from 2-5 days to show effect on the plant. My goal is to anticipate my plants needs before it shows signs. I use about 4 different amendments, at different times during the life cycle of the plant. I may at times rush a feeding, or a watering, if i need to get insecticide in the soil or they're looking extra hungry. But, this IS Exactly what I'm doing right now; We'll say flowering; bloom food, water with molasses, water, grow food, water with molasses, micronutrient tea, water, water with molasses.....repeat. And whenever you water or feed, just let it run out the holes a little and you'll be fine, this just ensures that the whole soil mass is getting watered.

LOL so im just guessing im going to just nute as much as poissable and just watch the plant to see how it responces to the nutes.

only thing i thing i got to change is the flushing, so ur saying in soil i only should flush toward the end of bloom cycle or should i be doing it befor a feeding to remove old sedements in the soil.

LOL so im just guessing im going to just nute as much as poissable and just watch the plant to see how it responces to the nutes.

only thing i thing i got to change is the flushing, so ur saying in soil i only should flush toward the end of bloom cycle or should i be doing it befor a feeding to remove old sedements in the soil.

You wanna see what what the mfgr. of the nutes recommends, then start with half that, let them get used to it. When they are healthy, give them a full dose and observe, they'll show if they want more, older leaves lighter green is an indication they're hungry...ON A HEALTHY PLANT. If you're using non organic nutrients I would flush a week before harvest, with organics there are different advanced techniques that are so particular to so many factors, styles, grower preferences that it's moot to go into that now. The link to my current journal is at the bottom of my sig page or whatever it's called, I get specific on style and technique, stop by and say hi if ya get a chance....peace. Flushing has a couple of different meanings to growing.

Ya i just uped my dosage from 1/2 to about 3/4 of recommended im WAS just haveing trouble geting all info i needed because everyone was talking about diffrent styles that didnt apply to my growing medium, ect.

thinking this will help, so if lighter green (not yello) is plants that can take on more nutes, so the parrelell would be that if my plants appear DARK green (iv seen when over nutes brown and almost carmalize the plant with a decay) then i should just water and mabe do lil flush if continues?

Ya i just uped my dosage from 1/2 to about 3/4 of recommended im WAS just haveing trouble geting all info i needed because everyone was talking about diffrent styles that didnt apply to my growing medium, ect.

thinking this will help, so if lighter green (not yello) is plants that can take on more nutes, so the parrelell would be that if my plants appear DARK green (iv seen when over nutes brown and almost carmalize the plant with a decay) then i should just water and mabe do lil flush if continues?

Dark green is good, I push mine to blue, then burn it out when they are finishing....advanced techniques......time is a great teacher. If you have a journal, or start one, I would be happy to follow along and watch you progress. A plant can also lighten up because of nutrient lockout...exact same symptoms....because the nutrients are in the soil, but the plant may be unable to utilze them for different reasons. It's all good, it's not that hard, there are sound methods for diagnosing plant problems, anything I can do to help! Pictures help alot!

YEP im looking at starting one with the clones iv started in a aero bucket, when i plant thos im going to start the journal on them, ones i got right now idk how old they are and they had issues with spidermites in early stage so i think there are acually older then they appear because they were stunted from the stress of bugs X ( * all gone now tho so there fine.

YEP im looking at starting one with the clones iv started in a aero bucket, when i plant thos im going to start the journal on them, ones i got right now idk how old they are and they had issues with spidermites in early stage so i think there are acually older then they appear because they were stunted from the stress of bugs X ( * all gone now tho so there fine.

Cool, please stop by my journal when you start it and let me know or just stop by anytime! mcloadie

Back
Top Bottom