Feeding Plants

ozric420

Hello all,I need some input on Hydro ,My question is if I change my res every week and say I run 1100 ppm,and I check mid week and ppm has dropped to say 700 ppm,would it be smart to add more nutes or just let it go. any input would be helpfull,Thanks in advance.:peacetwo:

Howdy ozric, This is how I do my hydro res, and it works just great.
Theres alot of debate on changing weekly, or topping off. Now Me personally, I top off my res when it gets low, and the ppm drops, Just be carefull not to overdo the top off. If I change my res on say sunday, then fri. comes and it went from 1300 ppm down to around 700-900 ppm, I will top off and bring it back up to about 1400 ppm. I add just a bit, then, when tue or wed. come I top off with just ph'd water, and run it till sunday. So I totally change res every other sunday, and top off in between. So far it works great, and lets me get the most use outta my nutes. And the mini flush I believe just helps a little between feedings. Now this may not be the perfect way, but its easy, and seems to work great.

Thanks for the info,I will give it a try.:thumb:

This is my 2 cents worth I use hydro and I don't bother with this topping, ppm or ph testing and I have had no problems what so ever, I change my tank every 2 weeks sometimes every one week depending on other factors and my plant is looking great, I did test my ph water out of the tap to check that, seems that's what I am using and that tested ok so I was happy but then again I am a poor man so cant afford fancy testers and just use stripe testers

This is my 2 cents worth I use hydro and I don't bother with this topping, ppm or ph testing and I have had no problems what so ever, I change my tank every 2 weeks sometimes every one week depending on other factors and my plant is looking great, I did test my ph water out of the tap to check that, seems that's what I am using and that tested ok so I was happy but then again I am a poor man so cant afford fancy testers and just use stripe testers

Thanks for your input.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom