FelipeBlu’s Outdoor Hempy Photos & Autos 2020

You must be further inland than me. Supposed to get to 94F here today and 98F tomorrow. I plan to stay inside most of the day!

Yeah, our climate is more like Livermore. :cool:
I have some shade in the afternoon, so it isn’t so bad.

So in the shade (96.6F/10%RH) this afternoon,
07BAC732-AB2B-46E2-B5EA-6B8511B6F6EC.jpeg

I up-potted my last plant for this new moon. The GLGA got an old 5-gallon bucket, but a good one. The re-vegged Auto Jack and last year’s GLGA were both former residents.
62B8E696-4017-45E7-894F-DECCD4DA65EB.jpeg
2B2E5B62-6212-400B-934B-4C13D3C66298.jpeg

Hope you’re having a cool day!

Heya HashGirl,

I want to briefly go back to the previous post when I up-potted the little Auto Ka3.

Something I forgot to point out in the post is that is there is no apparent single “tap root“ to “hit the bottom“ and “cause the Auto to start flowering“.

Instead, what you see is a network of roots that were busy filling the solo cup. If the roots were really so sensitive to disturbance or hitting a limit, I would think that, if bro science anecdotes had any validity, little Ka3 would have started blooming soon after I spilled her out and her roots hit the hot pavers.

No pistils yet..

It’s a little warm today - 101F even in the shade
630FEB21-EB4F-444F-8AB7-58B206F3F45B.jpeg

All the bigger plants were wilting (Ka3 looks great!), so I moved them into the shade of the pepper tree. No photos today - they would be embarrassed.

A hot day today for sure! I was outside for a little while, but I wilted. :laughtwo:

close to 11 hours of direct sun now
Here be monsters :laugh:
damn straight! Gonna be a show here alright :popcorn: :D :popcorn:
dust as a way to decrease the amount of cannabis they were using daily
hey HG :passitleft: actually the Ardent inventor has this as one of her main promos, although she doesnt call it dust, but a bit part of their marketing is promoting the use of decarb’d weed straight out of the Nova as a way of using less of your stash.

I don’t eat cannabis very often during the day - only on higher pain days so the dust isnt my thing but yes I have tried it. Most of the time I dose under the tongue - CBD is more effective that way for pain/anxiety/depression and I use a 1:1 ratio so under the tongue makes the most sense. And at night I like my sweet treat made w infused coconut oil :love:.

For me it was specific to the Candida. I tried another strain called Elektra, it totally removed high I had. Actually Sue was here and said the same. I’ve also tried a few 1:1 cartridges without really getting very high. For me at least I think it’s something about the Candida’s terps. Although it was great, I used most of it for topicals. I guess that shows I didn’t think the high was all THAT amazing. ;)

:passitleft:
:thanks: for adding that info for me. It makes sense - the Candida does have something special going on... I use it dosing and topical oils and think it is awesome in both

Hey Felipe, looks like we are dealing with the same heat! We had record temps here yesterday at 104. The ladies didnt look like it bothered them much at all but I couldn't stand outside for more than a couple minutes without sweating. If i could lift my plants Id totally move them in the shade, but thats not an option so they have to deal with it lol

I don't know much about hempy, Ive always grown in soil. I see many people on here do tho, Ill keep following along this one and see if its something I might want to try one day. This plant constantly amazes me, so many different people grow it in so many different ways.

Perlite is lighter than soil and it uses much less feeding so that weighs less from that point of view. I used to put in about a gallon or more of liquid when feeding a 5gal fabric pot every other day. Now I put in about 1-2 quarts for the same period of time. From another point of view I was using twice a much nutrients since my ratios were the same. Saving money and time is part of the K.I.S.S. strategy that Hempy provides. You will find both @FelipeBlu and myself are really into it. If you are interested check out a group here called Hempy Headquarters. I'll try and find a link to make it easier.

Good morning fellow growers!

Everyone seems to be feeling better today. Keeping up transpiration when it’s 106F/<10% RH is really quite taxing on them. It’s supposed to be cooler today, but I am prepared to move them into the shade if they start wilting again. Being able to easily move the plants is only one reason I love hempy! The 5-gallon buckets, with a freshly-filled 1.3 gallon reservoir, only weigh about 16 pounds.
FADA84D5-64B5-4163-9665-138B73214107.jpeg
E03A11D1-69BC-427D-9FA3-B20A8D19C342.jpeg
180DE036-0350-44C1-9EA4-F385CC7B9A22.jpeg
E5F1E81E-4EAF-42F5-BA7F-1B9D221AE0FB.jpeg

I hope you’re having a cool day! :hippy:

I used to put in about a gallon or more of liquid when feeding a 5gal fabric pot every other day. Now I put in about 1-2 quarts for the same period of time.

This totally changes when you grow hempy outdoors. The 5-gallon buckets have a ~1.3 gallon reservoir, and when it’s hot, like now, the bigger kids require refilling every day (Ka3 every other day).

The plant is just transpiring so much to try to keep cool, it sucks up the solution very quickly. To avoid over-dosing them from all of the nutrients they uptake with the water they want, I reduce the nutrient concentration by about 15%.

Real soil, and not a product like ProMix, has a different approach. You raise bacteria, which feeds the roots with what is pretty much in there, with some amendments for flowering.

I make my own compost, and add it and some perlite to my beds. But the microbeasts don’t do that well in a container, in this heat. Plus, the compost has a lot of fine particles, which compact, and impede drainage in pots.

So I was very happy to find that hempy works for me.

edit: and glad that it doesn’t rain here during the summer. Although, with hempy, I would just do a fertigation with plenty of pee to flush out that nasty rain water. :eek:

I will no longer refer to BeBo1, BeBo2, and GLGA as kids. They have all revealed to me today that they are, in fact, girls.
:Namaste:

:yahoo:

It’s too hot and windy to even attempt to get a photo, but some of the calyces even have brown pistils - presumably from the intense heat.

Back
Top Bottom