FelipeBlu’s Outdoor Hempy Photos & Autos 2020

Will need more perlite to fill those suckers. After seeing this price online!!

24DFF57B-4D39-40DB-B562-FB96A458B347.png

I called my local hydro store (they’re open!), and can still get the 4 cu. ft. bag of #4 chunky for $28! Carried out and put in the trunk too. Gonna get two bags.

I'd check around. I just called SD Hydro and they have Mother Earth #4 Big and Chunky #4 for $30 and I checked it on Amazon for about $66 and #3 is $75. I think you are going to need at least one bag per. Just guessing.

Mother Earth #4 Big and Chunky #4

This is what my local has for $28 for a 4 cu. ft. bag. Yeah, one per tub. But I’m only going to put the BeBos in something that large. I have enough already to up-pot the GLGA into a 5 gallon bucket.

I think my brother’s issues with the roots was due to him using regular rose pots instead of hempy buckets. The water roots don’t tend to creep out of the hempy pot since the reservoir is there, and the root system development is more thorough. I didn’t experience any of those problems, and probably pulled >100 lbs of tomatoes from three 7-foot plants, even after losing to initial assaults by rats. Now :rip:

Looking good blue. I was poking around some of @BTzGrow past grows and he mentioned you turned him onto ebb and flow. I am moving the hempy train that way myself.
Yes, FelipeBlu is correct. I went with rose pots and they had holes around the sides at the bottom so the roots traveled outside the pot and really created issues on several layers. If I had it to do over again I would use my regular Dollar Tree or Lowe's buckets. I'm sure it would work really well. For now I'm going back to my original successful process of just watering the hempy buckets every couple of days and not deal with the Ebb&Flow reservoir.

The zon just dropped off a 2' x 2' hydrofarm unit. I will be cracking it open this weekend. I think what I am going to do first with it is convert it to a top feed and drain into my hempy solo cups. Maybe get them dripping down once a day to increase the fertigation rate (which I have proven works in my set up). From there I can adjust times and see if I can automate this thing down to a more precise schedule. RO system is on its way so I can stabilize the water source (415ppm meter at .5 taken yesterday). I am having concerns with how my PH swings using megacrop and am hoping the new filtration systems solve that (I am doubting it). I think this process is an evolution in my growth that will lead to full flood and drain. I like what I have seen using the system with coco and am looking forward to reducing mixing and waterings.

After the showers yesterday and this morning, it was nice and sunny this afternoon.
Time to stretch...

BeBo1
6A99733A-57D9-48AC-B441-15830C33B448.jpeg

D321E3A5-B042-4454-97DA-79EDBF58EDB8.jpeg

BeBo2
87B946D2-390A-44A9-8A79-F356A50745C9.jpeg

3F896E47-CB28-4D40-9C85-B4A59B8DFB7D.jpeg

GLGA
CF6C7ABC-F9BA-4DD6-B376-A17F58E2F33B.jpeg

Based on the occasional darker green and slight claw, I’m reading that I am pushing the limits at the current dose. Growth and organic material is increasing though, so I am going to stay at this dose for the present.

Hope everyone is well and happy!
Stay safe!

Love the training on the plants Felipe, I plan to start bending mine soon. I need them to stay under 6 ft tall this year, I am hoping that becomes a challenge for me :). Everything is looking green and healthy, I cant wait for mine to start taking off and filling those pots I bought!

A weird day - on and off cloudy, cool, and even a couple light showers. Not what I expect here for mid-May!

I’m 90% sure that BeBo1 is female. Saw one preflower with what looked like a short pistil. But although I could (barely) get the loupe in there, it was too dense to get the phone in for a photo.

Couldn’t see any preflowers on the other two yet. Which in itself is somewhat encouraging since it has been my experience that males show before females, typically before 6 weeks.

They’re all going to be 6 weeks this week, with about 6 weeks to the Solstice. So hope to see more preflowers soon.

Would really like to sex them all before up-potting again - especially to something like a 30 gallon tub. :p

Even if both BeBos are female, I think I’ll only put one in a 30 gallon hempy tub. Then I can see how big it can get this year. Not sure my wife is going to go for two huge shrubs in the backyard. From looking at other hempy grows on the web, I already know that they can pretty big in a 5 gallon bucket. And I won’t be drilling holes in both tubs - in case I want to do ebb and flow again.

Back
Top Bottom