FelipeBlu’s Outdoor Hempy Photos & Autos 2020

Once ya get bit by the LST bug...
31FF376D-EE55-4DCC-9750-6A86ABCA0CCE.jpeg

Anything is fair game

Auto round 2 (probably starting in early July) will be a Dutch Passion Blueberry, a Spliff White Widow, and a Jack Herer from Advanced Seeds. The last time I grew the JHa was when I got a reveg run from it (see journal in sig).

Great journal so far, FB :thumb: I've never really understood "hempy" grows much, so this is quite educational for me. :nomo:
Oh, and you plants are looking awesome!

That would be great fun!

G'mornin Felipe, Beez, Mr.S :passitleft: Jumping in way late, Felipe but very interested in the hempy thing. Wonder how it would work in a greenhouse in the desert?
20200518_084317.jpg
I just finished my first indoor coco grow with, IMHO, pretty good results but outdoors the fabric pots dry pretty fast in this climate. Nice LST! Been training my tomatoes but not as extreme. Here's an Afghani that I'm getting ready to scrog in greenhouse 1. Stay safe and stay stoned!

Welcome Fred!

Thanks!
:passitleft:

Well, to answer your question, I don’t live in the desert, but the RH frequently gets below 20% here during the summer. IMO, hempy works very well in this environment if you are around to provide water daily when needed. If not, it’s easy to set up an automatic drip system.

I tried growing in a greenhouse a couple of years ago, but it didn’t have an automatic vent, and it would get to 125F inside when it was 100F outside. Plus, I still got pests, but not as many beneficial predators as out in the open. If you need to provide some relief from the intense sun, you can always use shade cloth.

Your Afgani looks terrific! How old is it?

Welcome Fred!

Thanks!

Well, to answer your question, I don’t live in the desert, but the RH frequently gets below 20% here during the summer. IMO, hempy works very well in this environment if you are around to provide water daily when needed. If not, it’s easy to set up an automatic drip system.

I tried growing in a greenhouse a couple of years ago, but it didn’t have an automatic vent, and it would get to 125F inside when it was 100F outside. Plus, I still got pests, but not as many beneficial predators as out in the open. If you need to provide some relief from the intense sun, you can always use shade cloth.

Your Afgani looks terrific! How old is it?
I use the green cloth on one side of both greenhouses and on top of one as well. It works great. The Afghani is 6 wks. They're in my journal.

1.6% CBD to 17% THC, for a 1:10.6 CBD:THC. That makes sense. It does relieve a lot of my arthritis pain.
this is interesting! Ratio wise 1:1 gets talked about a lot for pain, and it‘s what I use, but there are lots of folks who get the relief they need from CBD w less THC too and I know someone who is struggling with getting pain relief without unwanted THC effects at the moment. I’m going to suggest this ratio and see how it goes.

I have recently recommended a 10:1 CBD:THC ratio to a different friend because it is recommended, in lots of literature, for depression and this friend is finding that ratio very very effective :thumb:

this is interesting! Ratio wise 1:1 gets talked about a lot for pain, and it‘s what I use, but there are lots of folks who get the relief they need from CBD w less THC too and I know someone who is struggling with getting pain relief without unwanted THC effects at the moment. I’m going to suggest this ratio and see how it goes.

I have recently recommended a 10:1 CBD:THC ratio to a different friend because it is recommended, in lots of literature, for depression and this friend is finding that ratio very very effective :thumb:

Thanks for that info. I know that there’s a lot of commercial interest in promoting CBD with low, or even zero THC. But I don’t have a problem with THC, legally or otherwise. In fact, I find that the psychoactive effects of THC help ameliorate the pain by taking my mind off of it, and replacing it with euphoria. So while I appreciate the contribution of CBD to the experience, I’m really not interested in a purely high CBD strain that essentially eliminates what I know and love about this wonderful plant.

find that the psychoactive effects of THC help ameliorate the pain by taking my mind off of it, and replacing it with euphoria. So while I appreciate the contribution of CBD to the experience, I’m really not interested in a purely high CBD strain that essentially eliminates what I know and love about this wonderful plant.

I totally get that :thumb: a little bit in that camp to some extent myself. I do have THC intolerant friends around me tho(not legally ;), physically)

I use 1:1 to manage pain (so that I don’t have to use opioids) and I regularly take a ‘break‘ from the CBD because I “just want to get high today”! :D I do get more full relief from pain w CBD in the mix, and it manages anxiety/depression as well - but I definitely feel i can’t get high the way I like on high CBD days, so my weekends are often spent without it... blazed :ganjamon:

It’s weird too becasue @SweetSue and @DrDoob have experimented with smoking CBD alongside THC and swore it made them massively more high... that’s definitely not the effect I get... :hmmmm: different strokes for different folks really is strong in relation to humans and cannabis.

It’s weird too becasue @SweetSue and @DrDoob have experimented with smoking CBD alongside THC and swore it made them massively more high... that’s definitely not the effect I get... :hmmmm: different strokes for different folks really is strong in relation to humans and cannabis.

IKR? All CBD does for my highs is bring me down when I've had a bit too much. Have you tried dust, Amy? (Do you know about dust? :hmmmm:) Sue and various others are getting really high on 1/8 teaspoon of their strain of choice? But, this is something else that doesn't work that way for me. Sue and gang came up with the idea of dust as a way to decrease the amount of cannabis they were using daily and since I always have to take a gazillion capsules to get high and also have to track those capsules on my nutrition tracker since the amount of oil I take is usually around 3 teaspoons and 3 teaspoons of oil equals roughly 120 calories and I'd much rather eat 120 calories worth of food not oil so I was excited to try this dust thing.

But, like everything else that Sue has success with, it didn't work out that way for me as the lowest amount of dust I can eat to get decently high is 1.5 grams, which isn't a lower dose for me but it's close enough to the amount of oil I normally take so because it's essentially calorie-free other than what I mix it with and it gets me high, I'll keep it in my repertoire. :battingeyelashes:

Hi @FelipeBlu et al. Sorry to have hijacked your thread with my dust tale but I didn't really realize where I was answering Amy and kind of assumed I was answering her in one of her threads but I'm high and it just seems kind of complicated to move everything somewhere else and I know you won't care, right? :laughtwo:

Here I'll share. Here's something for everyone:

:passitleft::yummy::volcano-smiley::hookah::roorrip::bong::bongrip:

For me it was specific to the Candida. I tried another strain called Elektra, it totally removed high I had. Actually Sue was here and said the same. I’ve also tried a few 1:1 cartridges without really getting very high. For me at least I think it’s something about the Candida’s terps. Although it was great, I used most of it for topicals. I guess that shows I didn’t think the high was all THAT amazing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom