FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

Thanks Shed. They really are fattening up. This photo is from today. They are starting to get heavy and lean. Will try to use opposing stems to support each other.

Thanks to All, and to All a High Time! :ganjamon:

Make sure your colas have the same weight/height ratios!

Hey, I’m a geologist, not an engineer! They might not be evenly matched, but none will fall over on my watch! :green_heart:

Today, Jackie turns 100...days. She’s in her 11th week since first pistils, and she’s still pushing them out. Mostly (~80%) milky trichs, so almost there. Starting to foxtail now, but calyxes aren’t quite swollen enough for me yet.

Thanks for stopping by! :theband::welcome:

Oh yeah, the window is definitely open! :yummy:
So far, not very many amber trichs, so I can afford to practice some patience. :popcorn:

However, I’ll be tapering off the nutrients over the next two waterings, in preparation for a probable harvest weekend after next.
:yahoo:

do they still swell this late in flower ??

Ptero, at what point during flowering have you observed the calyxes swelling? IME, it’s one of the signs of ripeness that I look for.

Perhaps it’s the strain. I know that many Sativas have smaller seeds, hence a smaller calyx.

i have observed swelling stop 1-2 weeks before they are ready on many occasions and i dont want ambers to much unlike you so i wonder in the weeks before you harvest wether the calyx keep swelling i believe there is no point in further energy expenditure from the plants perspective once the pistils turn colour as they should become unable to receive pollen hence procreate

Ok what is this pistils turning color thing? Lots of my pistils are turning a burnt orange/brown rust color. I'm hoping and assumed that had nothing to do with getting close to harvest, because my buds have a long way to go in the fattening up department.

Ok what is this pistils turning color thing? Lots of my pistils are turning a burnt orange/brown rust color. I'm hoping and assumed that had nothing to do with getting close to harvest, because my buds have a long way to go in the fattening up department.
Fattening up is not a sign that harvest is approaching. If you don't have a loupe or a good macro setting on your camera/phone, orange pistils are the way to tell that it's getting close to chop. The only true way to know when to harvest is by looking at the trichomes. They go from clear (lower THC) to milky (peak THC) to amber (THC converting to CBN...couchlock territory).

Whew! I do have a 40X loop and can see my Trichomes pretty well. They are clear at this time with little mushroom heads. But many if not a majority of the pistils are as described above. I would like to see some more fattening up at some point.

Whew! I do have a 40X loop and can see my Trichomes pretty well. They are clear at this time with little mushroom heads. But many if not a majority of the pistils are as described above. I would like to see some more fattening up at some point.
Fattening up either happens or it doesn't. Like I said, that's not what tells you when to harvest. Some strains get fat, some don't. Some grower do better than others. You get what you get when the trichomes say cut.

Back
Top Bottom