GrowingGuru

420 Member
Good Morning everyone!
I need your help! This isn’t my first time growing. I’m not new to the rodeo however I did retire for 3-4 years.
My batch is 3 weeks in. Planted the seeds straight into soil. I keep a log of when I water and what my ph is at. Been keeping ph at a 5.4-5.6ish. 2 of my other plants are striving and doing great (they sprouted AFTER the one in question) However the first plant that sprouted is not doing well. It grew well in height, but compared to my other plants the leaves stopped growing and now they’re wilting bad. I transplanted this plant into a bigger pot since it started in an extremely little one. I figured it needed more room to breathe and get oxygen to the roots. I’m aware plants go into shock- but it’s been 3 days and I’m only seeing things get worse... No progress in recovery if anything it’s worse. The leaves again, there are very little leaves on the plant compared to the others and I’m 3 weeks in. The leaves are starting to dry up and now curling. Why are my other plants doing great and this one not so well? How can I save it? Is it to far gone and unrepairable? Help! I attached pictures for reference

F1A28FBC-117A-4E43-95F9-7542C4A46503.jpeg

175CFE93-EACD-47E0-ABBF-6779EDDC8DE3.png

CA7A809E-53AD-446B-B9C4-58AF6F5060B9.png

3D99EABE-C012-4FF9-8296-6C3A96AEC441.png

C943D01E-D8B1-44E6-A594-36122821BBA8.jpeg
0320B5F9-7049-4D9A-BF60-2C16079964F3.jpeg

These are the only two I have left, I gifted two of them to my brother in law. One thing that concerns me is how the leaves look on the second image (green pot) the ones growing in obviously look okay, but the lower fan leaves look iffy as well.

So much can happen when they’re that small. Just because you lose one now and then doesn’t mean you’ve “lost your green thumb”. If you start to lose a handful at that stage, it might be worth taking a closer look at the method. Share the other ladies??

I started my pH levels at 6.0 I was told it needed to be lowered so I dropped the levels down. As of right now all my plants are in 2 gallon pots, 1200W LED light hanging 36 inches above the plants. I only water them when they are dry up to my pinky knuckle. Using promix
A6107F0B-B77B-420B-B34D-A7C892BEB981.jpeg

Ah okay yeah I believe ProMix is soilless so you use hydro pH.
Ah okay yeah I believe ProMix is soilless so you use hydro pH.
So I’m okay staying at 5.5ish?? Or bring ph up more?
Also, being that I’m starting in 2 gallon pots is it best to just start off in my 5 gallons? I was iffy about planting a seedling straight into a 5 gallon pot but at the same time I’m planning on using 5 gallons due to the size of my tent. I wanted to avoid transplanting if possible but I’m not sure it’s wise to start off in 5 gallon pots

I use coco which is a bit different but still soiless. How strong are you feeding and what are you using for nutrients? I typically start plants in solo cups. I water with PH in the 5.5-6ish range and 300ppm. The grow bible number is 5.8. You’re pots are fine at 2G. I don’t water every day but I try not to let my coco get dry to the touch.

Your plants will pull through. I’ve got a hunch of what’s going on (because I live and tolerate it) with my seedlings. I’d like to hear your feed program though

answers for ph are gonna be all over the map. bx is lime buffered.
some guys run hydro ph - 5.8, some let it run as a soil - 6.3. some in between. some don't ph at all.

edit : agree with the above comments needing a bigger pot.

Back
Top Bottom