Felonious Punk's & HashGirl's First Indoor Auto Grow - 2017

I looked at the leaves when we had them out for pics tonight and didn't see any. That said I'll get my magnifying glasses out in the morning and have a look again.

When you had your issue with the thrips did you catch it early enough that they only infected one plant? Are they partial to one strain of cannabis? Do they only attack flowering plants?

Thanks.

Peace.

I looked at the leaves when we had them out for pics tonight and didn't see any. That said I'll get my magnifying glasses out in the morning and have a look again.

When you had your issue with the thrips did you catch it early enough that they only infected one plant? Are they partial to one strain of cannabis? Do they only attack flowering plants?

Thanks.

Peace.

You can usually see them with the naked eye but doesn't hurt to look with the magnifying glass. they were on my mother plant and actually spread to my entire flowering room (20 plants) but I just used 1 dose of Monterey Gardens insect spray w/ spinosad and it wiped them out completely within 2 days. They never came back after that. They will attack any strain, often most of these pests will already be in your soil/coco and make their way up to the plant.

but like I said before, it could be a phosphorus deficiency. You need to make sure you PH water and when feeding, not sure what your level of experience is but if you have any other questions feel free to ask, I can help you out with whatever I know!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Slicknick909,

I'm ordering Ph and TDS gauges. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for the help (for some reason the Thank/Like button isn't on your post)

Peace.

HM digital 80 PH pen works great and is a reasonable price. You can get a $15 ppm meter off amazon, the cool blue one I got works like a charm, no calibration needed and provides instant readings. PH meter is more expensive but definitely worth it to not skimp out on that

Wednesday at Noon

Hi All,

Ordered ppm and Ph meters this morning. They arrive tomorrow.

I ran into this problem last year and forgot about the meters. I got by with a Ph kit that I didn't like. Thanks for the help, it should be much easier now!

Peace.

Saturday Morning, 08:30hrs.

Good Morning All,

The meters arrived on Thursday. I tested our well water and found that it came in with a pH of 7.8 and the ppm was 331. I was surprised at the ppm. I thought it would be higher.

So late yesterday I went to Happy Hydroponics to get some pH Down to solve the water pH. I also got two 16" pans to put the plants in when I was checking the pH of the runoff.

So here are the 3 runoff results from last night.

Dark Devil 1 : 5.6 pH
Dark Devil 2 : 5.8 pH
Northern 2 : 6.2 pH

Do I need to flush the Devils to get the runoff pH up to 6.0-6.5 pH?

I hope to get the other three plants measured this weekend.

Peace.

Saturday 9:30 pm

Hi all,

Hey kushnoj27. In answer to your question I am a newbie and lucked my way through last summer's grow. I am unclear about feeding. I'm using soil and my bloom mix says to use 1.5g per 2.5 L of water.

So tonight I flushed Dark Devil 2 with 4 litres of water and the pH of the runoff water in the tray came up to 6.2 from 5.8 pH. I mixed the bloom booster as instructed into 6.3pH water and gave about a half litre of the mix in the soil before putting her back in the tent. Is this reasonable? If so I will do the same to Dark Devil 1 and hope for the best.

Peace.

Not an expert by any means, but it looks like a possible phosphorus deficiency.
I am sure that others will help us out.

Cheers.

I'm not an expert either, but I went looking and I'd have to agree with Ditch on this one. What's your pH? This usually happens when the pH is over 7.0.

Hi Sue,

The well water I've been using has a pH of 7.8 I semi flushed the plants and found the pH coming out of the pot is 5.6 and 5.8. That was a bit of a surprise. I guess this means the soil must be acidic. I got a pH meter and was able to learn something. Of course I don't know what takes precedence, the water or the soil. So much to learn.

Peace.

Hey there. If you are growing in soil then you will definitely want to keep the ph between 6.3 - 6.5

Now that you have a ppm and ph meter, it will be a million times easier for you to judge nutrient deficiencies and to keep everything in check.

When you water your plants, make sure to get about 20-30% runoff coming from each pot. This ensures that excess salts are washed away. Although it is recommended to flush the soil or coco at least once a month for better reduction of salts in your growing medium.

You will need to calibrate your ph pen at least once a week, I honestly recommend calibrating before each feeding just to be sure. The ppm meter auto calibrates no need to worry there.

Try and follow your nutrient feeding guidelines. Typically you will use 1/2 of what they recommend, but each strain will have its own dependencies.

keep within those guidelines and you should be off to the races ! Measuring run off ph and nutrient solution ph is key to a successful root zone which in turn will yield you with some fat nuggets!

Sunday 0800hrs.

Hey Folks,

When I was at the hydroponics place I picked up 7.0 calibration solution for the pH meter. I have found that just under an ounce of fluid in a shot glass is an ideal way to check the calibration.

I am going to cut the nutrient solution that I mixed with pH 6.3 water.

While the leaves on the Dark Devils are looking terrible, the buds don't seem to be affected. We are at day 36 (I think) of the Dark Devils. I expect if it all goes south, these two plants will yield a very small amount of not so perfect buds, depending when they (if they) go south. I'm learning but have quite a long way to go! Thanks for the help.

Peace. :peace:

To properly calibrate your ph pen you need both 7.0 and 4.0 ph calibration solutions. You need to calibrate once at 7.0 and once at 4.0, this will give you the most accurate readings. Calibrating with just 7.0 ph is only doing half the job.

All caught up n subbd.

If the problem persists, I'd flush with low strength nutrient solution ph'd to 6.3-6.4. Make sure you get a good amount of runoff. Need to flush really good and get your soil pH balanced. When your runoff reads the same pH as you put in your good.

A quick note on thrips! Your leaves will appear to have a silver sheen to them (viewed under normal light not LEDs). They tend to hide next to the leaf veins on the underside or in the leaf stem nook where it connects to the branch/stalk.

Peace!!

Here's a reply from Rifleman on the Dark Devil Community Grow thread where I also posted the plant photos with leaf issues:

Top photo is nitrogen toxicity. DDA don't need a heavy feed. Bottom photo appears to be a calmag issue, I'm not a soil grower so take that with a grain of salt. I'm getting ready to harvest 2 of my 4 DDA probably next week. Stop by The Roost and find a chair for the mutilation :biglaugh: the door is always open. :)

Good afternoon, folks. It's time to post some new photos. We have 3 at 42 days (North 2, Dark 1 and Dark 2), one at 37 days (North 3) and 2 at 28 days (Train 1 and Train 2).

North 3 has made a great comeback since Felonious added some root booster to it. The leaves on the Darks still don't look great but Dark 2's flowers are really looking great. Love the purple. Dark 1 is a little bit behind. No purple yet and just starting to flower it looks like.

Anyhow without further ado, here are this week's photos:

NORTHERN LIGHTS 3 - DAY 37
Photo_1607.jpg
Photo_2539.jpg
Photo_3446.jpg

NORTHERN LIGHTS 2 - DAY 42

Photo_4346.jpg

Photo_5232.JPG
Photo_632.JPG

DARK DEVIL 2 - DAY 42
Photo_726.jpg
Photo_830.JPG
Photo_914.jpg
Photo_1020.JPG

DARK DEVIL 1 - DAY 42
Photo_11109.jpg
Photo_12106.jpg
Photo_13105.JPG
Photo_14104.jpg
Photo_15100.JPG
Photo_1614.jpg

TRAINWRECK 2 - DAY 28
Photo_173.jpg
Photo_1814.jpg
Photo_1913.jpg

TRAINWRECK 1 - DAY 28
Photo_2012.jpg
Photo_21101.JPG
Photo_22102.JPG

Sorry for the blurriness. I should really use something better than my phone camera. Maybe next time. But it won't be next weekend as I'm away.

Back
Top Bottom