Fem Blueberry

Boobeary

420 Member
Has anyone grown this outdoors.

signal-2021-08-17-174921.jpg

Nice. If that were mine, I'd get some kind of heavy twine / rope / cord that was thick enough to not cut the branches, and use it to "stake out" some of them in such a way that it opens up the interior of the plant a bit. Even sunlight can be blocked or at least reduced by a thick canopy, and doing so well also somewhat reduce the chances of mold by allowing more air to flow through (and for transpired moisture to evaporate quicker).

BtW, I hope you have a reasonably long growing season, lol.

I just stumbled on this post today,, such a gorgeous plant. I grew Blueberry "Auto's" indoors last Winter and she is a crowd/famliy favorite for me. Aroma and taste are something to cherish along with a pleasant mellow buzzzz for this old man.

Only thing I can say is way back in her growth I would have used some "LST" training as mentioned above to open her up to air and light penetration. Its not too late to do some serious defoliation to help her breathe better and help prevent mold from being so bushy! Otherwise great job friend! I am including a pic of my last outdoor girl to give U an idea of what I like them to look like close to harvest! She is of the AC/DC strain!

AC:DC. 4 months,,,8-11-21.JPG

I grew someone's version of blueberry, years ago. At first, it smelted like blueberry in the grow space. Then, it smelted like a skunk has urinated in a blueberry patch. Later still, it smelled like a skunk had eaten a blueberry and then sprayed every wall in there, lol. After harvest, and the mandatory long, slow dry/ cure, there definitely notes of vaguely blueberry-scented fruit in the bud. But you could smoke a gram or two and fall asleep, which wasn't something I was interested in at the time. Kind of wish I had some now for nighttime use, though.

I would have used some "LST" training
I agree with Seniorweeder 100%. In fact the pic Seniorweeder provided is very similar to my Blueberry currently growing in my outdoor garden and will be ready for harvest in the next 2 weeks.
Too late tonight, but in the morning I'll snap off a pic of my lady to show the similarly of our LST training.
Spark up.

My other Blueberry plants and a recent pic of the Blueberry I posted earlier.
I agree with Seniorweeder 100%. In fact the pic Seniorweeder provided is very similar to my Blueberry currently growing in my outdoor garden and will be ready for harvest in the next 2 weeks.
Too late tonight, but in the morning I'll snap off a pic of my lady to show the similarly of our LST training.
Spark up.
20210913_125116.jpg
20210913_125107.jpg
20210913_125116.jpg

20210921_183350.jpg

20210920_100411.jpg

20210920_072422.jpg

20210913_125116.jpg

20210913_125107.jpg

That one picture - perspective makes it look like it ate your house, lol, nice.

Hey, did yours produce "wrinkled" leaves at first, when it first began friends true leaves?

Dang friend,,U have some Monsta's there. Just awesome,, must be nice to be in a "legit" state. If U can get all them to harvest with no mold issues U will have a serious bounty for sure. Did U cut and place that one in the table for trimming or is it a new growing method?...:)

Yummy! So jealous of you to be able to grow outdoors and grow such a beautiful plant the size of your house! Nice harvest and trim job. Better get them neighbors over to help you finish snip snipping

Back
Top Bottom