Fem Gelato & Bag Seed GSC

Stormblessed

So I got some girls vegging in wait for my tent to free up, just flipped to flower so it will b awhile, they will unruly beasts by the time they go in I’m sure, anyway I wanted to start a journal for them incase I come across any issues or questions, but it will probably move kinda slow due to me already having 2 active journals, but here’s the scope, like the title says I have a fem gelato that I dropped in water on 7/10 and she has been steadily chugging along, the GSC is a bag seed I found in some really good stuff I had so figured what the hell, dropped it on 8/1 and it sprouted and is coming along
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was going to wait to put the gsc in the bucket but I noticed roots starting to come out of the bottom of the rockwool and didn’t want to kill the roots, how long can they just b in the rock wool?

I was going to wait to put the gsc in the bucket but I noticed roots starting to come out of the bottom of the rockwool and didn’t want to kill the roots, how long can they just b in the rock wool?

You can put her in the pebbles now, just make sure that you're top feeding enough to keep her alive, and the roots searching downward.

Edit: pretty sure I read the question wrong the first time.

I mean just the Rockwell alone, I was worried about the roots just sitting in the water or air under the rockwool without a res to drop into or soil

Yeah, no I read that wrong. 100% my bad on that. Like I edited in, you can put her in the pebbles now, just make sure and top feed the bare minimum to keep her alive and roots searching until she reaches the reservoir.

I wasn’t sure if I was gonna run with “her” because it’s bag seed and idk the sex, or I took a cutting the other day during a trim of my biggest, and that is definitely female, but I’ve never took a clone before so I kinda feel like it’s not gonna work, but the gsc showed roots first so that’s what I’m going with lol, idk what I’m gonna do with this clone if she actually does make it though lol

Depending on how the bagseed sexes, you could do a pollen collection run, or just toss it if it's a male. Maybe dip your toe into breeding at some point.

For the clone, I have no clue. I've been looking into how to go about that whole process myself. So I'll keep up to date in here in case you come up with an idea.

:ganjamon:

My only issue with that is because I run DWC it would take a whole setup to keep it going, now I might take a stab at transplanting from dwc to soil if that’s a bridge I need to cross and have nothing to lose at that point it’d it shows male

That’s my experimental clone lol I just took a piece I had cut off that had a top and like 2 nodes and stripped most of it and stuck it in the rockwool and I mist it throughout the day and that’s it lol let’s see how it goes, but I don’t expect anything it’s just fun lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Update,baby gsc is trucking right along, the gelato was looking pretty sad a few days ago and I think it was because her pH was dropping under 5 daily, I realized it had been 2.5 weeks since I did a water change,wich is way longer than i usually go, so I did one And the pH stabilized, that was on 8/10, she just looks not happy, but better than she did, and I think the fluctuations in pH made her grow a little funny
1208C4F9-E183-45EB-9270-C57E4BF82912.jpeg
4A29FB03-7895-4C8C-8AAF-1286C61FA7FE.jpeg
8CD3D91C-9922-40EB-A847-1884F2512976.jpeg

So Im noticing she seems to like temps >80, which puts me in kinda a situation, since i don’t have a water chiller and temps that high will cause problems in my res, I’m gonna try to edge her gradually down, see how it goes, this pic is at 81, the earlier pics r around 74, that’s the only difference, I’m hoping she is just getting better, I will get a better idea which it is tomorrow morning if she looks good lol
3F20F029-D4FC-4E52-AF68-BE9DA158F159.jpeg

I have a plant in late flower right now that I have never changed a res on once. I also kept temps low 80's in veg and mid 70's in flower. I use a little hydroguard once a month. No chiller either.

The seedling looks a little light too.

I was thinking it looked light green, doesn’t that mean it needs to get fed? But can I feed that young,? Oh wow really, those r the temps of ur water? That’s good to know
Yes, it needs to be fed but at a very low level. Normally, when the cotyledons yellow, it's a sign she is hungry. Also those temps are room temps so basically, that is also my water temps. Maybe a degree or two cooler in the buckets.

So do U just add nutrient solution to the res when u top it off?
In dwc....there should always be nutrients in the water. But since she is small, it does not need to be much at all. Like 10% of rec dose.

In dwc....there should always be nutrients in the water. But since she is small, it does not need to be much at all. Like 10% of rec dose.
Sorry I meant on the one u haven’t done a res change on lol:ganjamon:

Sorry I meant on the one u haven’t done a res change on lol:ganjamon:
When she was in veg I fed at 50% of GH's rec dose. Now that she is in flower I add 5mg of each bottle from the Flora series per gallon. I am adding a gallon a day to the res on her.

Back
Top Bottom