Fem or Regular?

Melissa758

Can anybody out there tell me if they have any advice or answer to this...

My friend is distraught :-(

He grew a few plants from feminized seeds. The plants were in like the 5th week of bloom (could be off by a few days to a week...4 1/2 - 5 1/2 weeks into bloom). He had a power outage for almost 2 days. He thinks it put stress on the plants because 1 of them developed sacs and pollinated the others. He was told it couldn't have been a male plant because this took place so far into bloom...so we are thinking the stress turned her into a hermaphrodite.

Would the seeds on the plants pollinated be feminine because they both have fem genetics or would the seeds be regular?

Thanks for any input

Re: Fem or Regular???

I've seen this question debated on the forum and I'm not sure there's a definite answer.

How many buds were seeded? If it was most of the crop, then it was probably from a female that produced full male flowers, in which case the seeds will be more females than average, simply because of the genetics, but will have males, too.

But if only a few buds were seeded, the pollen most likely came from a few nanners, not full male flowers and those seeds would be feminized - no males.

I think. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: Fem or Regular???

All the buds were seeded...some worse than others. I am pretty positive 1 of my female plants (which was from a female seed I bought) herm'd on me after a lighting issue during bud. Power lines down and we had no lighting for a little over 2 days. We were about 4-5 weeks into bloom when we we checked it again it had just shot pollen on the plant next to it...only a little bit but obviously went air born b/c it got the whole batch. Some plants seemed worse than others with the quantity of seeds...but they were all pretty loaded up.
So if the original plant was from a female seed I bought...and it only herm'd on me due to stress, what are my chances of the sex on these seeds.
Hope I answered your question and tried to offer a bit more info on the situation.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

what i have always found:

when a female decides to hermy out, her seeds (or surrounding plants seeds) will 99% of the time be fem.

with this in mind. those seeds are now the offspring of a hermi, and will typically hermi easier than the mother.

Im not saying they will, but 9 times out of 10, this is the trend i have noticed.

:) PS: this is highly controversal, and im not saying this is the way it is, simply this is what i have noticed in the past.

in theory no they would be feminised. sort of. if the plant was female then produced male flowers and pollinated the other female plants then yes there should be a good chance of feminisation. only problem is the plant that has now turned hermie has put its genetics into the seeds so there is always a chance of hermaphrodite plants. the seed company's do this over and over until they work out the hermies...

:welcome:to 420! great choice, great members and a little humor now & then! pics pics pics please! we love pics when interesting questions like yours are asked! I'd love to see what they look like before answering correctly! hope you like the site so far, I must have missed your Introduction.

Back
Top Bottom