Fem Seed Producing Attempt

The STS I make is clear and colorless. Is it possible yours was made using sodium pentasulfate? That might account for the color difference.
I think i'll contact the seller and ask. but might be smarter for me to eat the cash i spent on that and just make some with ingredients i know are good. i have 25g of silver nitrate and about 60lbs of sodium thiosulfate lol. my buddy misunderstood how much i needed.
thanks OS!

Mine was just advertised on eBay as sodium thiosulphate. I emailed the seller to ask whether it is Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous,
or Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate. But so far that remains unclear. So I just flipped a coin and went ahead and mixed it. Not sure if it would affect the colour but I don’t know. In any case mine seems to have worked. So far. :thumb:

The tiny amount I bought is enough to make all the STS I could need for a dozen lifetimes.

Hey, Team.

Happy to run another journal again, but this time it's not really a grow journal as it is a seed grow journal. at least I'm gonna give it a shot.
I've done a lot of reading on it and have what i need to make an attempt, so wish me luck.

So, the plan is collect pollen from clones of 4 different plants and use the pollen to pollinate the mother plants.
here are the clones. one just gave me roots at day 7 so the rest shouldn't be far behind. they're in rapid rooters. i took 2 of each kind on sept. 8 then the next day decided to take 1 more of each but this time i cut much fatter stems.

all i need is one of each kind to get under way. they are white widow, blue rhino, critical kush, and blueberry.
20190916_192944.jpg20190916_193001.jpg20190916_193026.jpg

here's the mother tent. i'm just honestly tired of clones for training. I want the branches to be more even i guess. and i just find that plants from seeds grow better/faster.
the leaves on the critical kush (from seed) are massive.
20190916_193157.jpg20190916_193211.jpg

and here's the colloidal silver i'm gonna use, it's 1000ppm, so it's strong. i intend to mix it at about 10 - 15ml / liter of distilled water. if anyone has any tips on figuring out the ratio i should use would be appreciated.
20190916_193103.jpg

once the clones all have strong roots and are put into small pots, i'll start spraying them with the CS mixture 2 or 3 times a day. after 5-7 days i'll switch the light to 12/12 and continue spraying 2 or 3 times a day in hopes of producing some pollen sacs.

I'll have an update in a few days or so. i don't expect this journal to move along too, too fast.

Wish me luck Team :p
What is the Collodial Silver for?

It has the effect of causing a female plant to grow ‘male style’ flowers, which produce pollen. So that pollen can be used to pollinate another female plant, or itself, and produce seeds. The seeds will all produce female plants (aka fem seed)

...OK....kewl...haven't even opened the package,that I received late spring, after 3 month's due to Covid I suppose... :rolleyes: ...the star of the reversal was a no show, and plan B, I decided to scrap till I can put better containment measures into place next spring...can't wait for 2020 to be over, and hopefully next year, things will get back to some form of normalcy, in life and frame of mind...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Here’s an article I found recently which would probably explain why sometimes I’ve had lots of pods appear but not gotten any pollen.

STS in any concentration is only effective at inhibiting ethylene for almost 3 weeks; at that point the plant’s nat- ural female metabolism begins to take over again.

A second spraying allows inhibition to last through week 6, which is more than enough time to release pollen

There is a wide range of usable formulas that will work, however the second spraying within 12-14 days is crucial at getting the ethylene gas production to stop. You can store the working solution you used for the first spraying in the refrigerator for two-three weeks as it is not necessary to make a new batch each time. There are various concentrations of STS that will work fine...

What we also perform is to spray a few of the donor plants at 5-7 day intervals for up to 3 weeks if necessary so that we achieve the most pollen per plant at varying intervals, resulting in more viable seeds per plant as well.

I wonder if the same thing applies to CS, only over a shorter time span, and that’s why sometimes I never got pollen from it. If I try CS again I’ll keep on spraying and spraying...

I tried CS and didn’t get a reversal so switched to STS. I’ve been fairly successful with it. According to Nspecta some strains won’t reverse or produce sterile pollen. Chems are one he said it took a number of tries over a 4 year period to reverse the Triangle Kush.

Back
Top Bottom