Fem Seed Producing Attempt

Remystemple

Hey, Team.

Happy to run another journal again, but this time it's not really a grow journal as it is a seed grow journal. at least I'm gonna give it a shot.
I've done a lot of reading on it and have what i need to make an attempt, so wish me luck.

So, the plan is collect pollen from clones of 4 different plants and use the pollen to pollinate the mother plants.
here are the clones. one just gave me roots at day 7 so the rest shouldn't be far behind. they're in rapid rooters. i took 2 of each kind on sept. 8 then the next day decided to take 1 more of each but this time i cut much fatter stems.

all i need is one of each kind to get under way. they are white widow, blue rhino, critical kush, and blueberry.
20190916_192944.jpg20190916_193001.jpg20190916_193026.jpg

here's the mother tent. i'm just honestly tired of clones for training. I want the branches to be more even i guess. and i just find that plants from seeds grow better/faster.
the leaves on the critical kush (from seed) are massive.
20190916_193157.jpg20190916_193211.jpg

and here's the colloidal silver i'm gonna use, it's 1000ppm, so it's strong. i intend to mix it at about 10 - 15ml / liter of distilled water. if anyone has any tips on figuring out the ratio i should use would be appreciated.
20190916_193103.jpg

once the clones all have strong roots and are put into small pots, i'll start spraying them with the CS mixture 2 or 3 times a day. after 5-7 days i'll switch the light to 12/12 and continue spraying 2 or 3 times a day in hopes of producing some pollen sacs.

I'll have an update in a few days or so. i don't expect this journal to move along too, too fast.

Wish me luck Team :p

I use STS (Sodium Thiosulfate), but looked into CS (colloidal silver) first. My reading about CS indicated that a solution of 50 PPM was required. That means you'd need 50ml of the 1000 PPM solution and 950ml of distilled water.

Good luck with your seed run!

I use STS (Sodium Thiosulfate), but looked into CS (colloidal silver) first. My reading about CS indicated that a solution of 50 PPM was required. That means you'd need 50ml of the 1000 PPM solution and 950ml of distilled water.

Good luck with your seed run!
Awesome. Thank you I was gonna make it too weak.

I started spraying yesterday 2 times a day, as all clones have roots coming out of the bottoms of the little pots.
after a few days i'll re pot them all into a communal hempy tray as i don't feel like working too hard lol.

my spray mix is 4ml CS in 75ml distilled water.

a day or 2 after re pot i'll flip to 12/12 and hope to see some balls in a couple weeks.

Changed the light schedule t0 11/13 two days ago, and still spraying at least 3 times a day. soaking them leaf, stem and all. paying special attention to newly forming nodes.

here's the communal hempy hopefully it's up to the task.
20190930_202901.jpg

Funny that 2 of these clones were experimental in that i've always thought not to take them from the top of the plant or too big. the blueberry clone is from the top of my topped blueberry mother and she had roots out of the rapid rooter in under 10 days.
20190930_203010.jpg

But the best clone i have is from the critical kush mother. it wasn't the top but was taken high on the plant and was a very thick cutting. all the critical kush clones took out of the rapid rooters within 10 days as well.
Really hoping for some pollen from this strain.
20190930_202915.jpg

white widow and blue rhino
20190930_203020.jpg20190930_202943.jpg

both amazing to grow and would thank god if i got viable pollen from just one of these.

So, this is day 7 of soaking the clones and day 2 of the light flip. very excited to see if i'm gonna get some male parts showing come flowering time. hoping to know soon.

Curious how this works for you, I would like to try this as well if I can ever get my supply up enough.

If it works i'll be ordering some GSCookies and northern lights seeds to do the same. damn i hope it works. mother tent, veg tent and flower tent is too much work, and seeds just seem over priced.

been going in with my green light and spraying 2 times during lights off and then 2 times during lights on for the past 2 days. soaking the piss out of them. still mixing 4ml CS ( 1000ppm ) with 75ml distilled water. seeing some pistals popping from one of the critical kush.

something i'm a little worried about is, if i get pollen i intend to flower the mother plants and then dust them with the pollen. but the plants are in miracle grow soil and i'm worried about budding them in that soil after some reading.

i'm gonna do it anyway but i'm just now trying to think of a nute mix i'll be able to use that won't send them to their death lol.

I'll post some pics when i think i see something happening.

Day 10 of 12/12
so they say to spray them 2-3 times a day. i've been doing 2 times at lights off and at least 2-3 times during lights on. I've never had such nice healthy clones LMAO it's actually pretty stupid. some of the growth is weird, like some of the branches are just staying really small. the one blueberry looks like a little shrub.

I think i'm seeing things i've never seen before. I've never seen a male plant irl so i'm not sure what i'm watching for. but if i was just growing them out i'd be concerned with some of the growth for sure. I'm hoping i'm just starting to see little balls forming. also getting a nice blue hue in the stems of the plants lol.

can't tell shit from the pics but i'll post any way.

20191008_205527.jpg

20191008_205356.jpg20191008_205503.jpg20191008_205541.jpg

Made a batch of colloidal silver last night. i just wanted to try it out. nothing fancy and probably not strong enough as all i had to use was .925 ring. but it worked none the less. so when i get my hands on some 999 i'll be making a big batch.
20191009_202233.jpg20191010_105124.jpg20191010_115247.jpg

Made a batch of colloidal silver last night. i just wanted to try it out. nothing fancy and probably not strong enough as all i had to use was .925 ring. but it worked none the less. so when i get my hands on some 999 i'll be making a big batch.
20191009_202233.jpg20191010_105124.jpg20191010_115247.jpg

If you are in Canada try the post office. They have four nines (99.99% purity) silver coins. The Juno Beach $3.00 commemorative coin is $24.95.

To measure the strength, get the TDS (PPM) of the distilled water before and after your run. The after number less the start number is the PPM of colloidal silver.

Making CS with an AC/DC adapter a.k.a. transformer/wall wart I don’t ever seem to get my ppm above 60, but it does definitely do the job as far as creating the ‘male’ flowers.

If you are in Canada try the post office. They have four nines (99.99% purity) silver coins. The Juno Beach $3.00 commemorative coin is $24.95.

To measure the strength, get the TDS (PPM) of the distilled water before and after your run. The after number less the start number is the PPM of colloidal silver.

the post is pretty much right beside me lol. i'm going now.

Done. now to figure out how to cut it in half lol. Thanks again for the tip @Old Salt
20191010_154917.jpg

Making CS with an AC/DC adapter a.k.a. transformer/wall wart I don’t ever seem to get my ppm above 60, but it does definitely do the job as far as creating the ‘male’ flowers.

i just used the first thing i found. is there a specific amount of voltage / amps i should be going for?

Do you have a cold chisel?

I have nothing lol. my brother has anything i need. i'll probably just get him to do it for me. maybe i'll get him to do 4 pieces.

Edit: i was able to break it in half with 2 plyers lol. not too hard

No I don’t think so. I find the wall warts burn out eventually in that situation., But at least they’re easy to come by. I usually leave mine running for a few days, though I find it won’t saturate beyond a certain point- just creates more black froth.

i just used the first thing i found. is there a specific amount of voltage / amps i should be going for?

The instructions I saw used a nine volt battery. I think you can use as much voltage as the wires will bear. The current will look after itself. The higher the current, the faster the results. I'd use a 12VDC - 30VDC wall wart or power supply.

Back
Top Bottom