Fem Seed Producing Attempt

The ingredients are available in foto supply shops. They use them in the dark room to develop pics. The best reason to switch is because it costs Penny's per batch then CS but if you have silver to make your own and it works then by all means enjoy.

This is for anyone else who doesnt want to buy silver and deal with electronics and water. Personally sounds like a bad combo especially when you add the boiling water to everything.

I'm gonna get the ingredients for the next time i try it. it's kinda entertaining me lately, having something extra to do in the evening and putter around with helps kill the time. i like learning new things so now that i've made CS i'll probably have no choice but to seek out the ingredients for the STS.

Remy I checked e- bay- ca and small amounts of the two ingredients involved were cheap and readily available.
I've always been afraid to use ebay, but i think i'll have to give it a try.

Thanks Weasel!

Remy it’s very safe and easy - my favorite place to shop, especially for stuff like this. The sellers have to maintain a very good reputation to keep their business afloat there so they will generally do whatever it takes to make it work.

Various enterprising people will take chemicals that you can normally only find in bulk, and divvy them up in smaller amounts. As RF said the amounts needed for STS are very small and it’s extremely cheap. One of the two ingredients I ordered is coming from China - a little over $5 for 100gr. Plus 8 cents for shipping which I found amusing.

I like messing around with experiments too. But if this latest CS attempt fails that will definitely be one time too many. So far the plant is just sitting there and many of the pods are falling off on the floor, which I remember happening last time the CS pollination attempt failed. A couple pods have opened but I haven’t been able to detect any pollen. I think even in the best case the amount of pollen produced is very small so it may not be visible.

Remy it’s very safe and easy - my favorite place to shop, especially for stuff like this. The sellers have to maintain a very good reputation to keep their business afloat there so they will generally do whatever it takes to make it work.

Various enterprising people will take chemicals that you can normally only find in bulk, and divvy them up in smaller amounts. As RF said the amounts needed for STS are very small and it’s extremely cheap. One of the two ingredients I ordered is coming from China - a little over $5 for 100gr. Plus 8 cents for shipping which I found amusing.

I like messing around with experiments too. But if this latest CS attempt fails that will definitely be one time too many. So far the plant is just sitting there and many of the pods are falling off on the floor, which I remember happening last time the CS pollination attempt failed. A couple pods have opened but I haven’t been able to detect any pollen. I think even in the best case the amount of pollen produced is very small so it may not be visible.

i'll be checking out ebay for sure then. just a quick search has lead me to a ton of options on there. i didn't understand how the sellers were verified, but it's like alibaba i guess. good stuff, thanks again Broski!

the guide i'm following said to spray for only 2 weeks but i totally ignored that. since i have 8 clones being sprayed i'm gonna stop spraying a couple of them, and keep spraying the rest until some sacs open. i'll be happy to get 1 sac with pollen lmao

Tried CS, that stuff is the worst... Suggest what the pros use, STS.

Way Easier to make, way cheaper to buy, easier to turn plants, needs less to work, a stock batch of sts that gets diluted into a working solution costs Penny's to make and can turn hundreds of plants. Why use CS? Its expensive to buy, you need to spray a ton, and it may not even turn after all that.

"Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. With the minimum amount of base chemicals ordered from Photographer's Formulary (see link below), this means that each 1-liter bottle of working solution STS costs less than 9 cents, and can treat 15-20 mid-sized plants. That's 200 1-liter batches of STS for $18. Note that the distilled water costs far more than the chemicals."

I had to source the chemicals through e-bay. I paid $6.22 CAD for 100gm Sodium Thiosulfate, and $44.21 CAD for 25gm Silver Nitrate. That's enough for 40l of the stock solution, or 400l working solution.

I had to source the chemicals through e-bay. I paid $6.22 CAD for 100gm Sodium Thiosulfate, and $44.21 CAD for 25gm Silver Nitrate. That's enough for 40l of the stock solution, or 400l working solution.
Damn I have a feeling ebay is gonna be harder on my bank account than amazon lol. I'm definitely getting signed up.

Alirght. Veering off here so i don't have to start another journal to do a quick side by side lol.

I have a few blueberry plants in late bloom, and since i've been using the GH trio and some additives, i wanted to see if koolbloom dry actually makes a difference.

so all of the plants are gonna get this feed 2 - 3 times a day. i'm in coco doing multi feedings so my ppm are a little lower. I was using a drip set up and it was nice all i had to do was go in and plug in the pump for 30 seconds a few times a day. but they started clogging and i can't deal with that shit so i turned the system into a diy hose with nozzle. it's even better as the drippers only had 3 points of drip and even though coco can act like a sponge, i was still seeing salt build up on top of the medium, so the hose set up is much better for me. I'll share some pics of that come lights on.

the res is a 10 gallon cooler and it works well.

in ml/ gallon
1 armor si
3 calimagic
2 micro
1 gro
3 bloom
then 1g of dry koolbloom for the bulk, and 3ml liquid koolbloom for the side plant. so i'll be hand watering the one plant with a watering can. i don't know how much it's gonna take to run off but i've estimated i've been giving them each about 1 gallon per day split up. probably to much as i'm constantly shop vac my run off LMAO>

this will be my feed for the last 2 weeks of flower.

so here's my crazy hose. i took apart one little irrigation nozzle and rammed it through a small piece of 1/2 inch tubing. then attached that to a long piece of pex with a valve on it. It's only my second day using it like this and i have to say i love it. even though it's a little more work than the drippers i already feel better about the amount of nutes i'm using to get a good soak ( much less )

the heater, i poked holes in the sides ( after taking it apart to make sure it was clear to do so ) and used the handles from my 5gal hempies to hang them. works a treat. i have 2 exactly like this one for the veg tent too.

20191025_180309.jpg20191025_180338.jpg20191025_180420.jpg20191025_180621.jpg20191025_181030.jpg20191025_181504.jpg

the one on the far left is the one that will get liquid instead of dry right until the end. gonna keep a close eye on her.
And, just a bud :yummy:
20191025_181450.jpg20191025_181410.jpg

@TorturedSoul as requested broski :kisstwo:

For me spraying before once before12/12 and until male parts start forming. I only spayed 1 time each day but I found this.

Spraying Schedule I've Used Successfully
  • Spray branch(es) you want reversed 5 days before flipping to flower
  • Spray every 5 days until major male flower formation has begun

So I'd probably start doing that instead of every day

For me spraying before once before12/12 and until male parts start forming. I only spayed 1 time each day but I found this.
So I'd probably start doing that instead of every day

There are numerous instructions for the application of STS. All of them are different. :thedoubletake::hmmmm:

These are four methods:
From @Smokin Moose:
The STS working solution is sprayed on select female plants until runoff.

From @Nismo12 Spray twice in one day once a week. So for us we spray on Sundays twice. Once at mid day and once after lights out. A total of 6 applications is what you need.

From @Pennywise:
Spray until the pollen shows, I've stopped too soon before and ended up with sterile pollen. Starting 3 days before flip is about right but I spray daily for the first week or even 10 days then I can go to every 2-3 days. Some strains are harder to reverse than others. (This information is combined from several of his posts.)

From @Mr. Krip:
Spray branch(es) you want reversed 5 days before flipping to flower
Spray every 5 days until major male flower formation has begun

I tried the second method on one branch of three plants. I had given up, and later when I went to chop the branches that were treated, I found about 5 pollen sacks on one of the plants, two of which had opened. I got over 150 S1 seeds from the reversed plant, and 60 F1 seeds from its neighbour. I'll be starting treatment again next week using Pennywise's method, simply because it puts the most STS on the plant. It's disheartening when you put the effort in to making seeds, without getting the desired results.

Back
Top Bottom