Female after 1 week?!

oside420

High guys. Well as some of you know im starting my own grow. I got 4 plants growing in my box. Finally all of the the plants sprouted up. 3 of the 4 have the bladed leaves, and one of them doesnt yet. But i took a magnifying glass and looked at the one without the bladed leaves and saw that it had 1 white pistil. im still a little baked from some herb that my friend just got today (dunno the strain but ive been high since 330 and im still feeling some after effects, great weed) But im pretty sure its a white pistil. I was wondering :hmmmm: if its even possible to tell if its male or female this early into the growing, and will the bladed leaves grow anytime soon? or at all? :Rasta:

No unless you have it on 12/12 light it won't flower and for you to be seeing a pistil this early, no matter what lighting, I'd say is pretty much impossible.

alright. whooo. i must be seeing things then. will the bladed leaves grow anytime soon? or should i worry about this plant? ill use my friends digital camera so i can get some high-res pics. ill try to post it after school

Well i cant get the pics right now. My friend broke his digital camera and is getting it fixed...my parents keep theirs under lock and key since its brand new. Im heading up to fresno tomorrow, so im gonna leave my plants all alone. But when i get back ill definitely take that pic for you guys to see. Im almost 100% positive thats its a pistil. its only one, i took my magnifying glass and looked at it, and its growing out of the plant. One major thing thats bothering me is that theres no bladed leaves...doesnt even look like its gonna grow any soon. When i leave for fresno, should i lleave my plants in the box with 1 door open so air can circulate or should i put them outside?

pistils.jpg

I took this picture like 10 minutes ago with my cell phone and magnifying glass. hopefully u guys can see wut im looking at...im still stumped

Can't really tell for sure, with the quality of the pic, but they look like what are called false calyxes. They just grow at each node, and means nothing as far as sex. :icon_cool

Some seeds germ with no growth shoots or are just slow to start. Mayb its just a runt?
NDW4M some plants do flower under long lighting hours, auto-flowering is a trait most commonly found in ruderalis but has being used in breeding because of its auto-flowering trait eg.lowryder by jointdoctor

brushtail

Yes but most of those varieties are grown by growers that know what they are doing and do not allow males in their grow room, therefore no seeds. I don't think he ever said if he bought these seeds but I just assumed it was bag seed.

Yeah its bag seed. Well two out of 4 of my plants died. I got a new Agro-lite for it, which is a 60 watt light bulb, a standard shaped one thats meant for indoor growing. The one under the light got burnt to a crisp. I have no clue why another one died...maybe not enough water. All i have left are the two sprouts that came up last.

Invest in some HID lighting or alternativly some fluro's ? Your not going to get anywere with a 60watt bulb. Just doesnt cut it.

brushtail

Yeah i should invest in those. The light i got is a 60 watt indoor grow, for accelerated indoor growing. all it seems to do is kill my plants though! im down the this last one with the false calyxes. damn. oh well when i move im gonna invest in better lights and only grow lowryder. thanks for the advice

I went to Lowes and bought two 4' kitchen fluorescent lights that put out around 3600lumens each. I used those from seedling until about 6" tall and almost 12" in diameter and then switched to the HPS and MH came in the mail =) They put out little to no heat and if you want to get technical they sell fluorescent lights that have "blue" or "red" spectrums that are specially formulated for your indoor plants needs..blah...blah...regular bulbs are worthless unless you are using to promote heat

Back
Top Bottom