Female gone Hermi

MysticMars88

just checked out my mystery sativa plant today. Saw some random pollen sacks on some branches that are pre flowering. Maybe 3 - 5 branches with one pollen sack. Pollen flowers have not opened yet. Should i cut off the pollen sacks and keep it growing? Will more sacks appear? If i clone a branch that has no pollen sacks at all will it go hermi? I do have a bunch of seeds of this strain i may just hack it...

Re: Female gone Hermi...

if you have more seeds then just pick off the pods on the plant, plant more seeds, harvest this hermie, smoke it, and then flower the others after you harvest it

yep and it was looking so pretty till i saw balls. im thinkin of taking off the pollen sacks and let it do his/her thing. really now plant did supercropping so it has nice long branches going up

keep in mind more will keep popping back up, get as many as you can these next 3 days. Then check back a week later. After that, most will be off. (you will never be able to get ALL)

so i should just hack it then? i read that if you let a hermi pass its pollen to a female it will carry a lot of female characteristics to the next seeds. i guess its cuz hermis carry more female characteristics than a regular male. let me kno if im wrong on that.

so i should just hack it then? i read that if you let a hermi pass its pollen to a female it will carry a lot of female characteristics to the next seeds. i guess its cuz hermis carry more female characteristics than a regular male. let me kno if im wrong on that.

When you light stress a female plant to induce male flowering in order to continue a species by producing seeds (offspring) with only female genetics --that makes female seeds.

When you light stress a female plant to induce male flowering in order to continue a species by producing seeds (offspring) with only female genetics --that makes female seeds.

If you are right, this is awesome. I will have to try it. +reps for that little piece of info.

Ya.. He's sort of right.. They do that with a stable strain, that won't mutate anymore when backcrossed. That's backcrossing.. but to point out, they don't do it like this anymore.. they used to. They use chemicals now instead of light, to prevent propagating hermi prone genetics.

Now they'll take 100 plants from seed, and light poison the shit out of them. Then identify the ones that stay female and don't have responses to the crazy stress and trash the rest. Then they'll cull the weak out of that group and identify phenotypes that they want to encourage. Then they use silver ions, or SAR expressors, to screw up the hormones in the plant to produce male flowers in addition to the females.

Those male flowers then backpollenate the plant to itself.. Then they repeat that 6-7 times, and cull any abnormalities, and the plant is now a stable strain that no matter how many times you breed the males and females back together, they'll all look smell, taste, nearly identical.

Some genetics have pre-disposed genotypes that cause over reactions to light stress/poisoning even at normal levels.. Like rudderalis.

Back
Top Bottom