Female or not female?

acesxx

Hi! I have 2 beautiful plants, both of them are 1 month old, one of them is showing his 5th node, on the 4th node there is something that I hope is a preflower, unfortunately I don't have a decent camera to take a nice close up, all I got is a cheap webcam, lol... I took this picture a couple of minutes ago, this is my first grow and many of you have a lot more experience than I do, and maybe you can help me out here guessing if it is a female or not. In a couple of days I will post some more pictures, I hope I find a good camera to take them.

Picture_1771.jpg

So, what do you say? I know the picture isn't helping, but do you think it can be a female? Or it's just too early to know?
Excellent forum, this is my first post ever, and sorry about my english, it isn't my native language.

Thank you for your help! ;)

Thank you!! And yes, that was what I was thinking, but I read that: "...Preflowers, generally appear after the fourth week of vegetative growth from seed. Check carefully above the fourth node..." So I checked and find the little "hairs" that are shown in the pic, actually without the webcam is very hard to see those little "hairs"... I really need to get the good camera... As a newbie, any comment is very important to me, so keep sharing, thank you!

;)

Welcome to 420mag acesxx, and your English is better than many people who it is their native language! It is early to tell but looks like it may be female. Be sure to check other nodes as well, pre flowers don't always show up there first. This is a great site for learning,and any question you will ask is likely to get an answer. Also check out the How to grow section, it has a lot of great info. :peace:

and your English is better than many people who it is their native language!

Warrior, I second that!

Also quick question Aces. Clones or from Seeds?

If seeds where did you acquire? Are they fem seeds?

I would concur with the guys above, it's still a little early.

SF

Hi! Thank you StinkFinger and 420warrior! Right now I'm reading and learning a lot from the Everything You Need to Know thread, thank you again for the help.

And about clones or seeds, the plants came from seeds, a friend of mine gave them to me, neither me or my friend know the type/kind/strain of them or anything like that, and of course they are not feminized =S

The plan is to give it a first try and learn with this seeds/plants and see how everything goes, and them buy Caramelicious Fem seeds if everything goes OK.

Thank you again!

Any other question or any help you give to me will be much appreciated!

Oh! That thread is yours! I have been checking it since I join 420magazine, very nice btw and yeah a lot of info too!

Do you remember how tall were your plants when they had 1 month? Or do you know what's the average size when they are that old? I know that every strain is different in size, my plants looks like a 50/50 mix of sativa & indica, because their leaves don't look too thin neither too thick, maybe there is an average on that kind of plants, isn't? I just want to check if everything is ok, in fact both of my babies look just perfect for me, as soon as I get a good camera I will post some pics, and maybe start a journal ;)

Again, thank you!

Oh! That thread is yours! I have been checking it since I join 420magazine, very nice btw and yeah a lot of info too!

Do you remember how tall were your plants when they had 1 month? Or do you know what's the average size when they are that old? I know that every strain is different in size, my plants looks like a 50/50 mix of sativa & indica, because their leaves don't look too thin neither too thick, maybe there is an average on that kind of plants, isn't? I just want to check if everything is ok, in fact both of my babies look just perfect for me, as soon as I get a good camera I will post some pics, and maybe start a journal ;)

Again, thank you!

Hey Aces. Seems like it's been forever. Honestly I can't remember exact size. At a month they were probably close to 9-12"+. Some grew taller and faster, so not really an average I can comfortably confirm for you.

Pictures for everyone will help immensely!

SF

Hey aces,how tall your plants get in a time frame will be hard to compare with some one else as the lights and conditions will have an effect. CFLs will probably grow slower than HID. Or they could stretch if you don't have enough light. In my opinion, the size is not as important as having healthy looking plants.I recommend that you consider doing a journal. I have seen so many that have done better because of the help they have received.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom