Female Plants?

luvsmokinweed

Ok now its 3 weeks from germ. and a few of my babys have these little hairs!! Is this a sign of young females??:ganjamon:
20130209024713.jpg
20130209024902.jpg
20130209025028.jpg

Re: Female Plants???

Those little prongs are not a sign of sex as they appear on both female & male plants !

You have while to go yet before sexing but females have 2 white little pistils/hairs appear from a small pod, males will show multiple balls all of this is normally assoicated when light timing is flipped to 12/12 tho inless you are growing autos.

Those little prongs are not a sign of sex as they appear on both female & male plants !

You have while to go yet before sexing but females have 2 white little pistils/hairs appear from a small pod, males will show multiple balls all of this is normally assoicated when light timing is flipped to 12/12 tho inless you are growing autos.

Thankx 4 the info!!! :thumb: :ganjamon:

I have the same question about my little one. I found one seed back in October and for fun, I decided to see if I could make something grow out of it. I let nature take its course and surely enough (after 4 dark and wintery months), here's what I got. But now I'm dying to find out whether I should call it Janet or Jack :). Can my plant's sex be detected at this stage? Pics below:
image732.jpg
image731.jpg

I have the same question about my little one. I found one seed back in October and for fun, I decided to see if I could make something grow out of it. I let nature take its course and surely enough (after 4 dark and wintery months), here's what I got. But now I'm dying to find out whether I should call it Janet or Jack :). Can my plant's sex be detected at this stage? Pics below

Plants may show sex with maturity and age with pre flowers & a bit like turning into a teenager when ya start sprouting ya short 'n' curlys :thumb:

Plants may show sex with maturity and age with pre flowers & a bit like turning into a teenager when ya start sprouting ya short 'n' curlys :thumb:

Hahaha! I see... So I guess those little baby leaves where the stems intersect aren't short n' curlys... I gotta work on my patience! Thanks :)

Hahaha! I see... So I guess those little baby leaves where the stems intersect aren't short n' curlys... I gotta work on my patience! Thanks :)

By the looks of it those leafs forming at the nodes will be new branches which will eventually form bud :love:

Well that sounds very promising. I probably sound like an overly proud soccer mom by saying this, but Janet (or Jack) really impresses me with how resilient she (or he) is. The seed was planted at the worst time- very little sunlight and numerous days of ferocious winter cold, yet it keeps surprising me every morning with sprouting lovely new leaves and gaining noticeable height. As I mentioned earlier, I don't do anything "hi-tech" to it. I just make sure it has good soil, a proper amount of water and as much sunlight as the dead of winter can possibly provide. Many people laugh at me for being naive to think that I could grow a healthy plant without any enhancements... But Janet's looking pretty good, right? There's potential there, wouldn't you say?

Congradds!! You have a female!!:thumb: How old is she now?? Here are mine!! I have 2 females out of 4 plants I started with!!
20130305191314.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_HypnoBuzz.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_HypnoBuzz2.jpg
20130305191050.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_SledgeHammer.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_SledgeHammer2.jpg

Hello again. Is this a good sign that my plant is a female? (Pic below)

Congradds!! You have a female!!:thumb: How old is she now?? Here are mine!! I have 2 females out of 4 plants I started with!!
20130305191314.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_HypnoBuzz.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_HypnoBuzz2.jpg
20130305191050.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_SledgeHammer.jpg
1month_3weeks_Mother_SledgeHammer2.jpg

Awesome! They look beautiful! Do you use lights or anything that enhances growth? Or did you just let nature take its course?
I'm completely new to this and had absolutely no faith that this one little seed I found would ever get to this... I started in mid October. It took a very long time for her to grow because the seed was planted at the end of fall. She had very little sun during her most crucial growing phase and the winters here are very cold... So, to get to where she is now (pic taken over a week ago- she a bit taller now, I think), it took over 4 months. How long does it normally take?
And thank you so much for confirming that it's a female! That just made my day :)
image1099.jpg

Awesome! They look beautiful! Do you use lights or anything that enhances growth? Or did you just let nature take its course?
I'm completely new to this and had absolutely no faith that this one little seed I found would ever get to this... I started in mid October. It took a very long time for her to grow because the seed was planted at the end of fall. She had very little sun during her most crucial growing phase and the winters here are very cold... So, to get to where she is now (pic taken over a week ago- she a bit taller now, I think), it took over 4 months. How long does it normally take?
And thank you so much for confirming that it's a female! That just made my day :)
image1099.jpg

I do use CFL lighting!! I made a ghetto grow box since im on a tight budget!! :) In all I've spent about $50-$75 over time, no more than $10-$15 at a time!! :) It works great!!! I use MG potting soil with micromax, since it has plenty of nutes, so I don't have to go buy and mix up a bunch of It myself!! Never have been a good scientist lol!! If you have a tight budget like me, let me know if you want the list of things I have been using and I will gladly type it up for you:)!!!... When it comes to time, it depends on the strain and genetics!! My ladies will be 2 months old this coming sunday!! They started showing signs of female sex at or about 1 & 1/2 months!! I started them on 24 hours of light then switched them to 12 hours of light 12 hours of dark at about 1 month old!! I am also new to growing but I catch on quick!! :)... Keep up the good work!! She will give you bud if you continue to give her love!!!

Peace!!!

You're awesome. Thank you so much for your input- i really appreciate it! And I really appreciate you offering to send me a list of all the materials + prices- so very kind of you!
But here are other questions that will (embarrassingly) reveal to what extent I am a complete amateur: what should I expect in the coming months? How will I know that it has fully flowered/ripened? Do I need to do any grooming or anything? I'd like to believe that she'll do just fine if I let her do her thing, but according to blogs and posts from various sites that I've been reading, the suggested maintenance techniques sound so damn complicated. But again, that's probably my being an amateur that intimidates me from understanding the science behind it all. You see, Janet (thanks to you I can finally confirm the name to be Janet, not Jack:)) seems quite determined to keep growing upwards- all her growing energy goes toward developing the top part. Should I cut/trim her in any way to help her get more full? Your plants look so full and thick! Beautiful!
Oh, and thanks so much for the tip about the clay pot, luvsmokinweed (P.S. So do I :)). My technique to avoid mold is to let the soil get dry instead of over-watering. I don't have set days for watering Janet. I simply go by sticking my finger into the soil to see if she needs to be watered. From experience with nurturing other plants, I noticed that it's better for the soil to be too dry than too wet.

Back
Top Bottom