Females have more THC when males are nearby

fallen

Someone is trying to tell me this is true.. is it?

I don't think it is.. since males pollenate and whatnot.

fallen said:
Someone is trying to tell me this is true.. is it?

I don't think it is.. since males pollenate and whatnot.

who's been telling you this bullshit? like the others said, it's a lie.

I believe the opposite is true...... in fact the ever growing resin glands on the female flower and plant are there to catch any pollen they can to start seed production......SO the farther away males are the more resin glands (THC) will grow on females....... and the only way for a female plant to KNOW there's a male nearby would be by actual pollenation..... a bad thing if you're growing for stash.

Thank you.

02:23 <@MalevolenT> you get better buds if you put female/males nearby each other
02:23 <@fallen> uh..
02:23 <@fallen> you don't want males
02:23 <@fallen> =/
02:23 <@fallen> and.. you don't want them pollenate
02:23 <@MalevolenT> if you put males nearby, the buds have more thc
02:23 <@fallen> uh
02:23 <@fallen> no
02:23 <@fallen> =/
02:24 <@MalevolenT> yup ;)
02:24 <@fallen> the females carry the thc, the males just pollenate
02:24 <@fallen> ..no
02:24 <@fallen> if you have males near
02:24 <@MalevolenT> THE BUDS ON THE FEMALES HAVE MORE THC WHEN MALES ARE NEARBY
02:24 <@fallen> no.
02:25 <@MalevolenT> whatev i've seen it in action
02:25 <@fallen> no you haevn't
02:25 <@fallen> how are you judging the THC content?
02:25 <@fallen> how do you know it's not two completely differnet plants
02:25 <@fallen> you don't
02:25 <@fallen> you're just trying to judge it off something that wasn't controlled
02:25 <@MalevolenT> the buds had way more thc crystals all over them
02:25 <@MalevolenT> I know, I smoked it

lol

Pollen isn't the only way a female can tell if a male is near I don't think. I thought plants put hormones into their root zones. I wouldn't be at all surprised if females and males interact hormonally in the root zone (in nature, they would all have grown within "root touching" distance).

As for it's effect on production, well, reproduction usually optimizes biology for the widest distribution of genes (i.e. MJ female wants as much pollen from as many different males as possible for high genetic variability) within the species. So, I wouldn't be hard pressed to believe that IF THC is produced to catch pollen, that the presence (within the same root zone) of several individual males might encourage the female to produce not only more flowers to catch the pollen, but more THC to insure it is caught.

But, that is all just educated conjecture on my part. I could believe either way...

If you really want to test it, I'd suggest doing an experiment if you have the room. :) Would be very interesting hypothesis to test, but would probably require a really big grow...

you want some good advice? stop talkin to that dude. or no more advice. A. he probably hasnt ever seen a cannabis plant. B. yeah keep a male near a female and get seeds like a mother fucker, plants know the opposite sex is around by pharamones. and chance of pollination.

yeah, after showing him this..

< chakra> you want some good advice? stop talkin to that dude. or no more advice. A. he probably hasnt ever seen a cannabis plant.
* chakra looks @ MalevolenT
< chakra> Mal - you got burnt dude ;-)
< chakra> lol
< fallen> chakra: yeah, i saw that.
< MalevolenT> chakra: huh/
< MalevolenT> how did I get burnt?
* chakra waves @ MalevolenT
< chakra> hehehe
< fallen> chakra: he got burnt lol
< MalevolenT> psh, I don't care what some people on a forum say
< MalevolenT> I have smoked weed, that I've seen grown
< MalevolenT> my good friend who was growing it
< MalevolenT> told me that there is a higher thc content, when he has a male nearby the female plants
< MalevolenT> the buds he gave me from that harvest
< MalevolenT> were COVERED in thc crystals
< fallen> bro, they know more than you and your friend =/
< MalevolenT> lol, says who dude
< MalevolenT> there just some people on a forum
< chakra> it's all relative
< MalevolenT> my friend has been growing shit for years
< fallen> but you haven't
< fallen> because you're friend is retarded.
< MalevolenT> whatever you say
< chakra> you can't generalise when it comes to gardening.. every garden is unique
< MalevolenT> I'm not going to argue with people about something I've seen is true through experience
< MalevolenT> plus, he wanted seeds for more plants

hahahahahahahaha. i would love to talk to that guy, he wouldnt know what to say, let him try and tell me that shit, god damn would i be ruthless.

wait a sec, i could have sworn i had 6 plants in my closet lol.....

I actually study weed and do experiments. I read about it all the time. I have 4 grow bibles and over a hundred mags. I have been growing for years and have the knowledge and experience to back it up (plus pics). This guy is just telling lies to entertain people. I have seen it before. I only believe the part about him smoking weed.

you want some good advice? stop talkin to that dude. or no more advice. A. he probably hasnt ever seen a cannabis plant. B. yeah keep a male near a female and get seeds like a mother fucker, plants know the opposite sex is around by pharamones. and chance of pollination.

HEY can anyone tell me wut these pharamones are???thanx

I'm inclined to believe Urdedpal's experience over my own stoned conjecture any day.

Meh, But if this guy believes otherwise, it's not the end of the world so it's not worth breaking your buzz over someone else's opinion, right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom