Feminising a Feminised Plant?

GreeenFingers

Hey everybody

I have searched a lot and cant seem to find an answer to my question.

What if you were to create feminised seeds from a plant that was grown from feminised seed stock. In other words creating a S1 from a S1, would that be an S2?

Does anyone know what this would do to the genetics? Would the plant be more likely to hermaphrodite or be unstable?

Would it be worth trying it as an attempt to preserve the genetics of a keeper mother?

Really appreciate anyone who has any insight into this :)

GreenFingers

Wouldn't it be easier to just clone her? Seeds are variable, depending on how the genes sort themselves after pollination. Clones are an exact genetic match to the mother. With good nutes and care, you can clone your clones for YEARS.

i use to love cloning but starting for seed don't know why its just me but i think starting from seed is healthy and strong start for max THC from the plant i find clones after some time start to brake down and the genetics die out

Hey AKgramma and Serpent thanks for stopping by :)

It would indeed be easier to clone her and thats what I have been doing for years now, but I worry that there is always the risk of loosing them, Whether is be from disease, pests, police, having to leave the country for an extended period of time, I doubt it will be possible to grow her continuously for the rest of my life ha ha

Seeds are variable between XX and XY or whether it F1 of BXing to reduce variation but isn't that why we feminise?
To force the genetics back onto itself making a very similar copy with minimal variation or diversity in genes.

I do agree that plants grown from seed have much more vigour but that is to be expected considering that they form a root system different than a cloned plant.

Clones definitely begin to break down over time, when you keep them alive for so long, they may tend to force flower regardless or simply lose vigour and die.

I usually Re-clone all my keepers every 3 months or so, discarding the original.

I'm just wondering If I should Feminise a Feminised plant ?? ha ha

GreenFingers

Good read GreeenFingers keep up the good work i clone using Jar and fish blubber i add a little root stim from GH and about two weeks roots are poping but still love my seeds lol

IMG_55377.JPG
IMG_553610.JPG

I assume you meant fish BUBBLER? Blubber is whale fat and skin. ;-)

I need to know exactly what you use, what temps you keep the water at, and how much light you put on the clones while they are rooting. I got two good batches of clones this spring, and now, I am having troubles again, cloning in soil. I have to try something else. And just plain water turns them to mush.

Yes sorry fish bubbler Lol this works 100% water has to be changed weekly or else this won't work because with the small amount of water throws the pH balances of but it will stabilize. My General hydroponics kit comes with root stimulator just helps healthy roots three drops that's it as for light couple 45w CFL's nothing major honestly just clones you don't need much this way you don't have to worry about domes humidity stuff like that if you keep your room humidity in check your fine. The fish bubbler pumps so munch air in the water you get roots within two weeks or less

Yes sorry fish bubbler Lol this works 100% water has to be changed weekly or else this won't work because with the small amount of water throws the pH balances of but it will stabilize. My General hydroponics kit comes with root stimulator just helps healthy roots three drops that's it as for light couple 45w CFL's nothing major honestly just clones you don't need much this way you don't have to worry about domes humidity stuff like that if you keep your room humidity in check your fine. The fish bubbler pumps so munch air in the water you get roots within two weeks or less

Is this bubbler an airstone, or what?

Back
Top Bottom