AussieOutdoor

I am in my last stage of spraying my home made 50ppm CS. I have been spraying CS every morning on one branch till soked of a flowering Hindu Cush. She is only small made up of the crown with 3 branch so I've selected one brach as this is my first attempt.

The visual effects of the CS are gray/blueing of the effected leaves, all effected pistols burnt, shriveled and died and all growth lengthening/filling out stopped with continuous efforts from her to battle on to no avail.

Today is day 15 and I have noticed male flowers forming on 2 of the other branches (iv been extreamly careful not to get th CS on any of other branches) with no visible signs of change in the affected CS branch. Both branches showing signs of male flowers have what looks to be stopped budding and putting all energy and effort into creating the feminized flower. The main central crown branch seems to be unaffected and has continued normal growth filling out lusciously.

I'm thinking that if it was a hermie that all unsprayed branches would be changing and showing male parts but because only two of the 3 unsprayed branches are showing parts with one continuing as normal it looks to be an effect of the spray on the 4th branch.

Thoughts.....

The silver will get into the branch you sprayed and travel to adjacent branches, sometimes further. That's one of the reason most people say not to smoke a sprayed plant, you just don't know how far the silver permeated the plant. I use the store bought CS at 50 ppm and have seen one strain I had sprayed reverse with just four sprayings and both adjacent branches did also.

I normally reverse autos but if doing a photo plant I will just grab a cutting, create a clone, as soon as it is rooted spray the whole thing with CS and set the lights to 12/12. That way, when it produces nanners it will be as short as possible and throwing it away after collecting the pollen won't seem so bad.

From what i believe if you only want to get seeds from one branch you need to bag it up so it cant pollinate the others. Spay it with your silver mix and tie a plastic bag over branch. A clear bag works best. You have spayed one branch but the air flow in tent has spead to other branched imediatly. Pm me if you need me to explain it properly. I can help here if you really wNt to learn for next time.
It cant spread through soaking the stem.

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not sure how you are supposed to keep a branch bagged for weeks until it produces pollen and then the additional time it will take for the seed to set. I would think that being bagged up will lead to mold issues. I spray a single branch and once the pollen sacs are ready to open I take it to separate tent to collect the pollen. Then I use that pollen to pollinate another female. That way I have one plant that has self pollinated and one that was pollinated by a different plant. Only reason I do that is I have read some reports of self pollinated plants tending to hermie more than the others.

Back
Top Bottom