Feminized 5-Times Seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChangeofIdea

So I ran across a new term I have not seen before, I think I understand it but I'm not afraid to come right out and ask a stupid question to make sure I understand what I think I do. While at a seed bank I was looking at Feminized Seeds, and they had Feminized 5-Times Seeds, I first of coarse checked to make sure they didn't mean the quantity, as there was a separate box for the amount of seeds you wished to buy. Which leads me to believe that they mean the seeds have been feminized five times. Is that correct?

Assuming that it has been Feminized 5-Times... am I to assume then that a female plant is then forced to change sex, and to then be used to pollinate the female plant to make seeds, now counting as Feminized 1-Time, and again until we reach 5-times?

I then assume that if the above is true, accurate and correct that it means the more times you pollinate a female plant in this fashion means this is how you work on creating a stronger strain. Which would explain the price difference in a 5-Times Feminized plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom